• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Ray Lewis Retiring After Season

Trying to get his team fired up for their first round matchup against the Colts.

Reportedly he has said he wants to shift his focus from playing football back to his other hobbies, like killing people and getting away with it.

The lack of a smilie worries me. Face.....palm.

? I'm sorry.

Ray Lewis, man of the year and best person ever is retiring! Man I'll miss his high-character, on-field antics!

[insert Ray Lewis best defensive player of my lifetime comment here]

Yeah, I thought it was made pretty clear that they knew he didn't kill anyone, and they were leaning the charge on him to get him to roll over on the guys who actually did do it. You know, because they practically admitted as much.

Kinda the reason why after sticking him in jail and him telling them to go to hell, they realized they had nothing and made the best desperation deal they could think of.

But maybe I'm misremembering.

To each his own, I suppose. In my opinion (and I believe legally also) accessory to a crime is just as bad as committing the crime itself, and that's what Ray was if he didn't in fact stab anyone himself. The prosecution did not have a strong case, but there was certainly evidence of a cover-up. Likely only the people in that limo will ever know what really happened, but if it looks like a duck...

Well, that's not entirely accurate...

He was indicted, and the murder charge was dismissed after he plead guilty to obstruction of justice and got 12 months probation and he reached an agreement to testify against the other 2.

He also settled civilly with the families of the two murdered...

The whole case is a bit... weird. I definitely think he was involved, but not sure to what extent exactly. There's a bit more to the story than the media just being the media though.

Two people were murdered and no one was ever convicted. Lewis was obviously there, and fled with the two he testified against, then admitted to lying to police about the incident the following day. Not sure how you define accessory but I, personally, think that pretty much fits it.

So you guys are saying (and this is only an example) that if you agree to give a friend of yours a ride somewhere, and they have a gun on them and you don't know about it, and someone on the road pisses them off and they then pull out the gun and kill that person, you should be charged and convicted of murder?

So you guys are saying (and this is only an example) that if you agree to give a friend of yours a ride somewhere, and they have a gun on them and you don't know about it, and someone on the road pisses them off and they then pull out the gun and kill that person, you should be charged and convicted of murder?

If I fled the scene with them, then lied to the cops about it, then yes - at the very least as an accessory.

I believe that's the whole point of having accessory charges, though please correct me if I'm wrong.

And in the court of public opinion, if you then agree to testify against your friend to have charges dismissed that doesn't really help your case. Although that's just public opinion.

The correct response is to immediately call 911 and try to help the person that was just shot... Not flee the scene and lie to the investigators...

If you help them cover it up afterwards, absolutely.

I apologize Lanky, I wasn't aware you had all the inside details of the Lewis case ;)

Ah yes, the internet. Where opinion becomes fact. Where we all know everything about everything :laugh:

It's like everyone stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I apologize Lanky, I wasn't aware you had all the inside details of the Lewis case ;)

Huh? I am not allowed to speculate, based on the evidence? Isn't that exactly what you are doing by saying we should give him a pass and that he's innocent? I already posted that likely we'll never know exactly what happened, but its my opinion that he was an accessory. So you can do your usual straw man all day, but I'm just posting my opinion, as you are.

**** man, there is someone who knows everything in every thread!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Just stating my opinion, never claimed to "know everything" about the case. I know the same that you know, which is not very much. We just have different opinions about what that tells us, which is fine.

**** man, there is someone who knows everything in every thread!

It's on his wikipedia page with sources.

Damn internet, and it's ability to give you information in 5 seconds... life was so much better when we all guessed and made **** up.

;)

Aah, sarcasm. You wear it well.

But its almost like a guido in a night club strong

lol - I'm just screwing with you mike :)

i think most of my hatred/dislike (maybe hatred is too strong?) for lewis comes from the complete lack of attention fletcher gets, and my general disdain for the ravens and their fans living in the area. i recognize that's not really his fault, or fair, or objective, or anything else good.

that and i do (kind of) think he got away with murder :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.