• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ES:Thank you, Redskins. For a moment, You gave me my father back.

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
A quick must read from a poster on ES...

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthr...kins.-For-a-moment-You-gave-me-my-father-back.

A few years ago, my dad was diagnosed with a disease called dementia with Lewy bodies. He's weak, frail, disoriented, thinks my mom is his nurse, and doesn't know who I am most of the time. It's horrible to watch the most important person in your life wither away in front of you by a disease no one understands. I've been through a lot in my life. I've made mistakes. My dad always encouraged, forgave, and loved me.

My dad is usually completely unaware if what's going on after 8pm. He was alert and lucid all night. He stayed awake and was alert. We hollered and cheered the entire game. This has not happened in years. Years.

Ive broken down in tears several times trying to write this. At the end of the game, my dad, in a moment of complete clarity and normalcy, remembered a time years ago when we traveled from Raleigh North Carolina to FedEx field to watch a redskins game. He told me it was one of his favorite memories and that he treasured it. He can't remember who I am most of the time, but after this victory, he remembered that. He remembered me, and a special trip we took together. I will treasure tonight forever. Not because the skins won, but because, for a brief moment, I had my father back. I might not not ever have him "back" again. I just wanted to say thank you, redskins. You gave me a moment with my father I may never get again. My father knows who I am. And he loves me. Thank you.

That's incredible and wonderful. Be nice if we could even get that to the team somehow. Special moment... I remember when my Grandmother faded. A time like that would mean the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.