• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Three Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl

Apparently, the word is that Morris was a 2nd alternate which I thought was not correct. Doug Martin appears to be the 1st alternate.

That's the word all over twitter anyway.

It looks that way. Heck, I still say it is six pro bowlers for the good guys.

The pro bowl is a joke. Not only the game itself but the selection process.

Morris finishes the regular season as the NFL's second leading rusher and yet Marshawn Lynch makes it as the second starter behind Peterson and ALSO finishes behind Doug Martin as an alternate?

Martin is a good rookie. But his season was nowhere as productive as Morris. Morris also finished second in the NFL with 13 touchdowns.

That's good stuff having our guys get recognized for once. I mean i disagree with how the voting is conducted and all but still good for our team.

I think we all know that the Pro Bowl is pretty much a glorified social gathering.

Invites to the soiree at least acknowledge the good work put in by the participants. The process is not as equitable as most would like from a single team fan-view but performaces past and present, solid reputations, and over all face-time of these individuals is still earned.

The Oscar is everyones primary goal but there is no harm in having a cast party for the primary supporting actors after a long season.

In past years the Super Bowl winners used to skip the pro bowl anyway and alternates were chosen. So, the current process does not really change things.

But the pro bowl doesn't work in the macro sense because unlike the baseball all-star game and the NBA all-star game, an NFL game without hitting and contact play is simply not even an exhibition level quality game.

I gotta believe at some point this is going to turn into a skills event with monetary incentives. I mentioned it before, but maybe they should take a look at the old series...Battle of the Network Stars and adapt something similar so these guys can make an appearance so fans have access and even go so far as to penalize those without legitimate excuses not to go. There is no reason Tom Brady and Peyton Manning should not be there this week, robbing fans an opportunity to see them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.