• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Michael Vick is an idiot.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
I don't normally go in for calling people names, but every so often somebody does or says something that, well, just defies all logic and denies reality so badly, that...well...I can't help it.

Michael Vick has done it.

Being quoted in a column by Marc Sessler he said Robert Griffin III, quote, "reminds me of me"

Michael Vick and Robert Griffin III are two quarterbacks at distinctly different stages of their NFL careers.

Griffin, as a rookie, has helped the Shanahans re-imagine the quarterback position. Vick, who's expected to make one final start for the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday after sitting for months, could do nothing but watch as RG3 calmly guided the Washington Redskins to victory Sunday.

Robert Griffin III
"I'm a big RGIII fan," Vick told USA Today before the game. "He reminds me of what I do. I'm the originator of everything that's transpired in the league with the style of quarterback. It makes it gratifying to me."

Vick has not spoken wisely.

These are not the same players. Never have been, never will be. Yes, there was a time when Vick was seen through a similar lens as Griffin. He mystified defenses early in his career and put a new stamp on the position, but that's where the similarities end.

Anyone who has watched both Vick in his prime and RG3 operate knows how dangerous -- but how different -- they are. Mobile, sure, but RG3 is so much more.

With one game to go, Griffin has wiped out defenses, completing 66.4 percent of his passes, with 20 touchdowns to just five interceptions in his first campaign. Vick completed 44.2 percent of his passes in two starts as a rookie in 2001 and just 54.9 percent in 2002, when he tossed 16 TD passes to eight picks as a full-time starter. RG3's 104.2 passer rating is second best in the NFL. Vick finished his first full season with a pedestrian 81.6 rating.

It goes beyond the numbers. Plenty of veterans have toiled for years to achieve the accuracy Griffin has exhibited as a first-year pro. He has been exceptionally well-coached by the Shanahans, but he never has been handled with kid gloves. That never was needed.

Griffin has shattered beliefs about what an NFL team can do under center. There's no path for where he's going. It's not Vick's path, that's for certain. RG3 will cut his own.

Article link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000116774/article/michael-vick-on-robert-griffin-he-reminds-me-of-me

The funny thing about that article is even the guy who wrote it was like 'uh ... no.'

Heard Vick was back in the hood handing out toys. RG3 is everything Vick wasn't and never will be. Glad we have RG3.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Michael Vick, after his stint in prison, admitted in an interview with his former coach that he never studied film when he was with Atlanta and had relied on his athleticism. There's no comparison, RGIII has a brain and is a passer first, Vick is trash.

Vick at his peak isn't even RGIII in an average game.

Nick

no way vick is like rg3 , but if vick was playin in this last game i don't think we win .....jus sayin **** i'm lovin are win streak , don't get me wrong but we have alot of holes on defense ...let's hope this week that were more than a win streak , but destiny to be tha champs !

Vick is also hardly the originator of mobility at the qb position. Heck, Sammy Baugh was a pretty good runner in the 30's.

I agree with Ryman (did I just say that? ;)) that Steve Young is a far better comparison. I think the people that think "Hmm...fast black quarterback...he's like Mike Vick" are incredibly ignorant. And I'm not above believing there may be a racial component too it.

Still, if they NEED to compare him to a black quarterback, I submit Warren Moon for the record.

Physically, the 2 are very alike. The difference comes in mental capacity and real leadership skills. And Ryan is right, Randall Cunningham was there before Vick was. Vick is just over inflating his worth. He is...well...an idiot!

I agree with Ryman (did I just say that? ;)) that Steve Young is a far better comparison. I think the people that think "Hmm...fast black quarterback...he's like Mike Vick" are incredibly ignorant. And I'm not above believing there may be a racial component too it.

Still, if they NEED to compare him to a black quarterback, I submit Warren Moon for the record.

sometimes you are right I suppose lol, and he is more like a younger Warren when Warren was playing for my Eskimos, back then he was very fast and ran a lot. I think he is more like Young because as athletic and fast as Young was (and its not as fast as Rg3 by any stretch) he also has the same awareness, and desire to win that Young had actually moreso than Young had early in his career. that bodes well because Young developed into a hall of famer, he started out as a great athlete who could be good at passing, Rg3 has a better start and has more upside, we just have to help him stay healthy.

as for Vick the dick, there have been a lot of run first qb's Bobby douglas was one of the first ones in the passing era who was run first pass second, then you saw Randall Cunningham. Vick is a guy who never lived up to his potential, he has a rocket arm, he even has the ability to throw with incredible accuracy (just not under pressure), he also has ridiculous straightline speed and great quickness, where he fails is not even his ball skills, its in his temperment and intelligence, he has admitted he didnt watch film, and he loses his cool way too fast and then starts playing erratic. Rg3 is not a run first QB, he is a progressive read QB who is simply fast and athletic enough to run when he wants.

Griffin is bigger and stronger than Vick. More accurate. And a smarter football player.

But the real point of separation comes in regards to character.

While Griffin as a rookie is a leader on this team I don't remember anyone calling Vick a character guy in the locker room during his NFL career.

In fact while Griffin was in college graduating early, Vick was just finishing up a prison sentence.

Enough said.

Griffin is bigger and stronger than Vick. More accurate. And a smarter football player.

But the real point of separation comes in regards to character.

While Griffin as a rookie is a leader on this team I don't remember anyone calling Vick a character guy in the locker room during his NFL career.

In fact while Griffin was in college graduating early, Vick was just finishing up a prison sentence.

Enough said.

Is there any advantage whatsoever, that Vick has over RG3 ?
I can't think of any.

No, and for all those that talk about Griffin being lanky, the stouter more compact Vick has not shown himself to be any more durable.

No, and for all those that talk about Griffin being lanky, the stouter more compact Vick has not shown himself to be any more durable.

They are like an inch in height difference and they weigh the same. I am not defending Vick, just pointing out that an inch in height does not equate to bigger the way you are suggesting. They weigh the same.

They are like an inch in height difference and they weigh the same. I am not defending Vick, just pointing out that an inch in height does not equate to bigger the way you are suggesting. They weigh the same.

Vick is listed at 6'0, Griffin is listed at 6'2. Vick is listed at 215 these days, but when he came out he was around 200. He's put on weight in his old age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.