• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Michael Vick is an idiot.

Is there any advantage whatsoever, that Vick has over RG3 ?
I can't think of any.

For the record, Vick was faster as rookie. He turned in slightly faster 40 time at the combine than Griffin did but I that was about it.

And once you get into the speeds these two guys run at, a split second here or there really doesn't mean much.

If i didnt know you so well i would swear you didnt like Griff.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

No Mike, I am just tired of people who wear their burgundy and gold glasses so much so that they ignore facts. Griffin and Vick have a very similar physical skill set. That just cannot be denied. Vick is beaten down and no longer can perform like he once did, but for anyone to ignore the "fact" that they are/were very close in physicality is simply mind boggling.

Griffin 6'2" 217lbs. 4.38 40@ Combine

Vick 6'1" 215 4.36 40@ Combine

They both have very strong arms, the both are explosive.

I have said it before and I will repeat myself...that is where the similarities end!

Griffin shows tremendous leadership and intelligence. He shows a willingness to learn and make himself better. Vick is an "idiot (thanks serv).

I can't help but think that if Vick had gotten to play in an Option Read offense as a rookie maybe things would have been a bit different for him, assuming he could master the play action fake off that option read.

Granted, he does not have Griffin's accuracy nor is he the consummate student of the game that Griff is but this offense seems like it would have been a great fit for him back then.

I can't help but think that if Vick had gotten to play in an Option Read offense as a rookie maybe things would have been a bit different for him, assuming he could master the play action fake off that option read.

Granted, he does not have Griffin's accuracy nor is he the consummate student of the game that Griff is but this offense seems like it would have been a great fit for him back then.

But see, his lack of accuracy would have killed him. Also, he doesn't have nearly the football instincts/read ability that Griffin has. Part of what has made Griffin so successful is his ability to not only make fast decisions, but SMART decisions. Vick's rushing numbers mostly came on scrambles, after the play broke down b/c he held it too long, or he missed wide open receivers.

Yeah, but you do it in every thread about him against other QBs.

Just an observation. Griff is a better passer and pocket qb. He has better accuracy and vision of the field. and the fact that he is OUR qb should automatically tell you we're going to stick up for him more than any other qb.

I never said there was anything wrong with supporting our QB, I support him whole heartedly! I just don't like to see smart people with whom I have great affinity blindly ignore facts.

I think Robert Griffin III should be rookie of the year. I think Andrew Luck deserves mention for the award, as does Russell Wilson. The fact that Wilson has the better all around team and was not asked to do too much should immediately eliminate him. The fact that Luck has made so many mistakes should eliminate him.

And the fact that Robert Griffin III has brought so much more to this team than statistics or late game heroics, the fact that he has brought leadership like I have never seen from a 22 year old man, the fact that he is precise and incredibly accurate, the fact that he has so many ROW awards, the fact that his decision making is ridonkulous and the fact that he is such a positive character for the entire NFL are clear indicators that he should win it.

But it is not a sure thing in light of the fact that he missed a game, has not thrown for as many TD's as Wilson or yardage as Luck, has not had as many comeback victories as Luck or put up as many points as Wilson in consecutive weeks over the course of the last month. This is close and it should be, both of those other young QB's have done some remarkable things this year too.

I just refuse to ignore the facts, that's all.

If its as close as you say why not just side with your boy then? This is honestly the first time I've seen you come out and straight out say you'd pick Griff.

And to me, when it comes to sports, there never any real blind facts. Strahan has the sack record, right? But people think favre gave him one and it doesnt make it valid. Same with most stats.

It doesn't really matter what I think though, it comes down to the voters. As much as you, the others here, or I think it should be Griffin, it depends on what the voters see.

Anyway, there is another thread for this. Let's just agree...Vick is an idiot!

Vick would have failed in a read option offence, he simply wasnt willing to spend time watching film or do the little things, he thought his athleticism would trump everything. Griffin is a Jordan type, he has the stunning athleticism BUT he also has the drive and work ethic of a gym rat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.