• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So Who Wins Roy?

Who Wins ROY?

• Total voters
According to Vegas, Luck is currently the heavy favorite.

1. Luck

2. RG3

3. Wilson

I don't think that should surprise anyone. If Luck was our QB, and he set the records for most yards in a season--well in front by more than 1,000--most yards in a single game, most comeback wins....and didn't get the award? People would be going crazy.

RG3 is the sexier pick though, and he does have a ton of commercials. So if he has an insane game against Dallas he may still have a chance.

http://props.scoresandodds.com/sect...ts Action&sporttype=1015&startdate=12/25/2012

Dude is the turnover leader and almost dead last in passer rating. I'm sure we wouldn't be that enthused. Especially if our franchise passed on the greatest rookie quarterback of all time. Yards mean nothing. The AFC South is one of the worst divisions of all time, and his schedule is pathetic. He will get embarrassed again this Sunday and in the first round of the playoffs.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Comparing luck to grossman at this point is kind of absurd Peyton threw what 26 or 28 interceptions with a halfway decent offensive line

Peyton Manning has nothing to do with Luck. Thks is a pointless exercise and the comparison is made by lazy people because they both played for the Colts. I guess every rookie that leads the league in picks is the next Peyton Manning...

Peyton Manning has nothing to do with Luck. Thks is a pointless exercise and the comparison is made by lazy people because they both played for the Colts. I guess every rookie that leads the league in picks is the next Peyton Manning...

You compared him to Rex grossman I was just pointing out the flaw in that
Comparing rookie seasons is not unrealistic
Going off of Peyton's rookie season he would have been grossman before grossman

You compared him to Rex grossman I was just pointing out the flaw in that
Comparing rookie seasons is not unrealistic
Going off of Peyton's rookie season he would have been grossman before grossman

What flaw in my comparison? There is none. Luck's rookie season is full of turnovers. Turnovers remind most people of Grossman. Manning was a rookie a decade and a half ago...

well he broke the rookie passing record with over 4000 yards, has a positive td to int ratio and completes over 50% of his passes in an offence that the year before was absolutely horrid, id say Luck has played pretty well. I also think Wilson is a dark horse because Rg3 has changed this teams entire culture simply by being a leader as well as very good stats wise

well he broke the rookie passing record with over 4000 yards, has a positive td to int ratio and completes over 50% of his passes in an offence that the year before was absolutely horrid, id say Luck has played pretty well. I also think Wilson is a dark horse because Rg3 has changed this teams entire culture simply by being a leader as well as very good stats wise

Their offense was horrible because they insisted on starting Curtis Painter most of the season a.k.a. tanking. Painter isn't the even the 3rd string on most teams. Oh, and that "positive touchdown to interception ratio" is still pending. Dude is barely treading water in the NFL.

who else did they have? were we tanking because we started John Beck? beck is a 3rd stringer on most teams too lol.

John Beck was a highly touted prospect. Curtis Painter was always a longshot. I believe Beck has the tools, but the dude has stage fright and is a spaz. Some people can't handle the pressure, no matter how talented. Plus, tje Skins had the Sex Cannon. But Kyle Shanahan once stood on the table for Beck...or so the story goes...

Colts were a worse team top to bottom and their coach got lukemia. They were the #1 overall pick in the draft because they were the worst team in football last year. We had to buy our way to number 2. There is no stopping Luck for OROY. I'm not saying a 100% agree with it, I'm saying that's how it is and how it will be.

I don't know their strength of schedule (Colts) but I would venture a guess that its weaker than ours.
RG was the first to make the college game football work in the NFL in a long long time.
He faced more scrutiny and took much of it off of Luck.

We could go on and on.

I wished it all came down with who go further in the playoffs because honestly, that will say the most to me.

John Beck was a highly touted prospect.

Beck was traded to the 'skins for the rights to undrafted free agent who was summarily cut and never played a down. By the time Beck got to the 'skins, he was not remotely touted.

Curiously, because of Mara, it may be in our best interest if Luck or Wilson win ROY or OROY. I'm sure Griffin has escalaters in his contract. We're still beset by that stupid illegal cap penalty and while the honor might be nice, the extra millions that spring from it might be painful to the team.

Still, I'd like to RGIII win it because he has been so good. Never seen a rookie qb be as excellent from day one as this kid. The funny thing is, most say he had a bad showing last week. That bad showing was 67% completion two tds and a pick, plus he built a pretty decent lead and that was on one and a half legs.

Just goes to show you how good a game his bad ones are. Most NFL vet qbs wouldn't mind that day at all.

well he broke the rookie passing record with over 4000 yards, has a positive td to int ratio and completes over 50% of his passes in an offence that the year before was absolutely horrid,

Mind you, our best receiver is a castoff from that horrid team. Do you really think that Wayne and Garcon are a horrid tandem?

They were the #1 overall pick in the draft because they were the worst team in football last year.

Disagree, strongly. They were the number one overall pick because they tanked on purpose to get Luck.

Yeah I sure Caldwell and Polian were like "man, lets tank so they can fire us and get the first overall pick for those guys they'll hire to replace us. i'm sure they'd really appreciate that"

Anyone who doesn't think the Colts tanked wasn't paying attention. Irsay basically admitted as much on his twitter feed, even though he *IS* bat**** crazy, and his twitter feed is practically unreadable.

2012 10-5
2011 2-14
2010 10-6
2009 14-2
2008 12-4
2007 13-3
2006 12-4
2005 14-2
2004 12-4
2003 12-4
2002 10-6
2001 6-10
2000 10-6
1999 13-3

Now look, I don't know if they tanked on purpose or not. I do know that that team has had a very nice run over the past decade, and that as good as Manning is, you just don't see teams go from nine straight 10+ win seasons to two wins just because they lose one player. At the very least that team gave up last year. And they've been rewarded for it by getting yet another top-flight franchise QB.

One crappy season. Another decade of 10+ win seasons.

I think that's disgusting. I hope they lose every game they play. I hope Luck turns into a bust. He probably won't. But I hope for it anyway.

Sorry for going a little OT, but this seemed the best place to rant about it.

Henry nailed it. You don't go from averaging 12 wins a season from 2002-2010 to TWO wins. It just doesn't happen. The Redskins were a FAR worse team in 2011 with Rex Grossman & John Beck at the helm, and even they managed to string together 5 wins! And we've been losing for the past decade! Get real, folks. The Colts tanked.

While I am not going to sit here and say players on the Colts didn't tank last year, I will say they have 15 new starters on that team. They are a far cry from the team they were last year and different from the team 2 years ago that was getting over the hill in key areas.

Yeah, guess the hyper-competitive mentality in the NFL doesn't exist despite everyone's claims. Guess all those guys were ok with losing jobs so their fans could have more decades of success.

What noble people those colts 2011 coaches, front office, and players were to sacrifice their careers so the colts fans could have Luck

Wow, it makes it so easy to keep the topic respectful when you speak so sincerely, t.

and brian, they kept reggie wayne..that right there is enough for a qb to step in to an established system, feel comfortable, and have a reliable target to throw to.

Just having some fun - and it goes both ways mike, you know that.

It's less a response to specific people on this board, and more a response to a well over year long conversation NFL fans have been having where pretty much everyone just seems to accept that they tanked the season. They completely disregard that the organization completely rebuilt itself - from GM on down. So all those people that would have had to conspire to tank not only kept their mouths shut, but did so after losing their jobs.

Conspiracy theories are fun and all, but sometimes the simple answer is the right one. I have no idea if they tanked, but the ease at which everyone just accepts it as fact is weird to me.

Personally I think the way the Colts rebuilt is the model for everyone to follow... They've done a great job bringing in a new GM, Coaching staff, el mentioned 15 new starters, and a rookie QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its funny that people think a team that replaced 15 starters was tanking but doesnt think Shannahan was tanking by completely revamping a top 10 defence and turning it into the 32 ranked defence. remember we had massive roster turnover 2 years later when shanny admitted that this team wasnt a good as he thought. sometimes coaches make baffling decisions, same with gms

The Colts ignored a lot of holes especially on the Oline and last year they suffered for it, they had also been ignoring their defence. I dont think they tanked, I think they gave up, there is a difference. it wouldnt be surprising for guys who became used to winning all the time to quit when faced with a 2 win season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.