• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins v Cowboys Flexed to Sunday Night

But our playoff destiny may still be decided by the 1pm games.
Both the Bears and Vikings play at 1pm, and if they both lose, we're in the playoffs, regardless of Sunday Night's outcome. But we'll win anyway.

I'm not going to lie.

I hope that's exactly what happens.

My understanding, from what I've heard on various USA sports shows we get, is that we own the tie breaker against both the Brokebacks and Vagiants, so other than the outright Division win, we are playing for pride and to continue our current winning streak.

I am more than happy to be corrected, and to have the EXACT scenario explained to me.

My understanding, from what I've heard on various USA sports shows we get, is that we own the tie breaker against both the Brokebacks and Vagiants, so other than the outright Division win, we are playing for pride and to continue our current winning streak.

I am more than happy to be corrected, and to have the EXACT scenario explained to me.

Unless the Bears and Vikings lose (in which case we are in AT LEAST as a wild card), we have to beat Dallas to take the Division or we are out of the playoffs. We will be tied with Dallas record-wise, and division -wise. The next tiebreaker is common opponents, and unfortunately, Dallas has us on that score. So they would go in and we'd be sitting home.

Unless the Bears and Vikings lose (in which case we are in AT LEAST as a wild card), we have to beat Dallas to take the Division or we are out of the playoffs. We will be tied with Dallas record-wise, and division -wise. The next tiebreaker is common opponents, and unfortunately, Dallas has us on that score. So they would go in and we'd be sitting home.

She's correct. In a Division Lead Tiebreaker, first it's head-to-head. And we would have split with both Dallas and NY, if we end up in a tie for 1st. Second tiebreaker is Division record. And both us and Dallas will have had equal Division records at 4-2. The third tiebreaker is common games. In common games, we are 4-4, and Dallas is 5-3, so they would win the division based on that.

Common Games :

Skins result on the left, Dallas result on the right :

Saints W – L
Bengals L – W
Bucs W – W
Falcons L- L
Pittsburgh – L – W
Panthers L – W
Ravens W – L
Browns W – W

Thx Doc, but if Dallas has the better record than us, why were ahead of them in the division standings as of week 16? Surely, if teams with identical W/L records lead their division, wouldn't the team with the better tie-break record be on top, which we were?

I'm assuming we were ahead of Dallas only by courtesy of our 1-0 record against them, but if they win on Sunday, they'll have the better overall record.

If they win on Sunday, not only will we have the same overall record, and have split our head-to heads with them, but we'll ALSO have the same exact division record, so we will then go to the 3rd tiebreaker. For that, see my post above.

Last edited:
Man, if only Cleveland could have held on to beat them, the division might already be ours!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Thx Doc, but if Dallas has the better record than us, why were ahead of them in the division standings as of week 16? Surely, if teams with identical W/L records lead their division, wouldn't the team with the better tie-break record be on top, which we were?

I'm assuming we were ahead of Dallas only by courtesy of our 1-0 record against them, but if they win on Sunday, they'll have the better overall record.

As it stands right now, we have the better tie breaker by virtue of our 4-1 division record against their 3-2 record. If they were to beat us this week though, both teams would have the same 4-2 record and so the league would then look at the next tie breaker in line, common opponents.

As it stands right now the Skins are 9-6 and the Pokes are 8-7, thus the first place moniker.

If the Pokes win, we'd be tied at 9-7 straight up, tie breakers go to the Cowboys and more than likely the Skins will be sitting at home for the playoffs.

Im going to my buddies in edmonton, which is a good thing because the calgary channel has shown the seahawks game 3 times when it was supposed to the skins, if that happened to me this week (before the flex) I would have been in the news. just sayin

Weather predictions are out and holding steady. Looks like it's going to be very, very cold. Snow on the ground in some parts. Rain may linger to game time but not expected.

Weather predictions are out and holding steady. Looks like it's going to be very, very cold. Snow on the ground in some parts. Rain may linger to game time but not expected.

I hope it's nasty out there... slow Bryant down a little bit.. We can hold our own in the screeen game, and our running game is way above that of the Cowboys... Take away the big pass, and it bodes VERY well for us.

I hope it's so cold Dez Bryant's finger falls off :D
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I hope it's nasty out there... slow Bryant down a little bit.. We can hold our own in the screeen game, and our running game is way above that of the Cowboys... Take away the big pass, and it bodes VERY well for us.

Yeah - the wet and cold don't bother me. If you dress appropriately you can still be comfortable while being in it for 5+ hours.

When I wrote the week 16 blognositication I was looking at the weather and they saw this coming. I feel like there are two types of football fans... the type that think playing in this mess is what football is really about, and the type that don't. I fall into the first category - and I would love to see Alfred Morris carry the game for us, and for it to be a grind it out cold, nasty game.

I don't think the cowboys can play that type of game. I may be wrong, I just see them as the indoors, warm weather team. Same as the Falcons, but that's probably a conversation for another thread :)

You sure you're not looking at Saturdays forecast?? Sunday is supposed to be sunny all day with high winds and cold. Then Sunday night even colder but winds diminishing. No precip all day.

From Wunderground.com:

Sunday
Partly cloudy. High of 37F with a windchill as low as 19F. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.

Sunday Night
Clear. Low of 27F with a windchill as low as 21F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph.

Gonna be cold and windy - conditions favor a running team over a passing team. The last time we played Dallas in week 17 to make the playoffs, I was there to watch Todd Collins lead us to a 27-6 victory in the rainsnow. Of course Dallas was 6-10 that year, and it was for a Wild Card spot, but still cool. I so wish I could be there this time as well.

You sure you're not looking at Saturdays forecast?? Sunday is supposed to be sunny all day with high winds and cold. Then Sunday night even colder but winds diminishing. No precip all day.

I was actually listening to WTOP on my way into work. They made it sound like all the bad weather would come tonight/tomorrow, and that Sunday would just be cold. I'm assuming that, in general, the game will have a wet and cold feel to it even if it isn't raining by the time the gates open. I may be mixing up my days :)

Only 5 hours? Amateur. :)

Hah! We're planning on getting there at 5, I imagine we'll leave bewtween 11pm and 12pm. If they win we'll stay for the celebration. So maybe I was shorting the hours a bit ;)

I then have to drive to the other side of PA for new years since we're going skiing. Trying to determine if I just want to leave the stadium and drive straight there, or go home and get some sleep and then head out first thing in the morning... If we win I'll be so amped up I'll probably just drive to PA lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.