• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 12/21: M. Shanahan

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
December 21, 2012
Redskins Park

Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan

On what status will he assign quarterback Robert Griffin III, linebacker Lorenzo Alexander and linebacker London Fletcher:
“Probable.”

On if linebacker Lorenzo Alexander attended practice today:
“No, he wasn’t out there today. He had a funeral to go to.”

On if Griffin III was cleared by the doctors:
“Well, unless it’s a setback…He went through a full practice today. He looked good and that is why we listed him as probable.”

On why there has been decline in penalties:
“I wish I could tell you. I don’t know. But you want to eliminate penalties as much as you can. We still had a couple early that kept a couple of drives early. But we worked on it and hopefully we can continue to do it.”

On the status of tackle Tyler Polumbus:
“He has to get cleared every day and they look at it very carefully and that is why we have him listed as questionable.”

On Griffin III being listed as probable:
“Like I said, probable [means] there is a very, very good chance he is going to play. There doesn’t look like there are any setbacks with him but if something crazy happens, obviously, we will know before the game but talking to him after practice – he’s fine.”

On when will he find out Griffin III’s official status for Sunday’s game:
“[I will] probably find out later on today but if I put him as probable, it’s 98 percent, so it’s pretty good. I know I’m not a doctor but he took all the reps today.”

On if he will use history to motivate the team:
“What you do is just get ready for Philly. We’ve had an excellent week of preparation and our players know how important this game is and you have to focus on the job at hand. I really don’t care about history; I just care about our football team and what we do this weekend.”

On if he expects a special atmosphere for Head Coach Andy Reid in Philadelphia with this being the Eagles’ last home game:
“You know, I really don’t know what is going to happen. I just think the world of Andy and how he’s handled himself, how hard he’s worked, what he has done for our game. He is just a class act. He went through a difficult year this year with his family. I can’t think of anyone that has handled that better than he has and he is just a pro’s pro and I have a lot of respect for him.”

I am really getting sick and tired of the redundant media questions about the process of evaluating Griffin. We had the same frenzy during the concussion issues earlier in the season.

While Griffin's health is obviously an overarching issue for the team and fans alike and of the utmost interest and concern, why try and parse out every quote 6 or 7 different ways in the same press conference?

If he is probable on Friday and that equates to 75% chance of playing on Sunday barring any setbacks over the weekend before kickoff, then THAT is what it means :)

Watching the pressers its hard not to dislike many in the media. I like to read their stuff but I hate what you describe BDT. The questions about Monty's knee were worse than Griffin. The Mike Wise racial team name questions of Griff... And on and on. A lot of the guys are good... I have a lot of respect for Mike in how he handles the hordes.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.