• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Lewis could advise Redskins on shotgun effectiveness

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
From the-What the hell is Sherm Lewis doing anyway dept.?

Some thoughts on that from Eric Edholm of ProFootballWeekly.com:

Posted Oct. 09, 2009 @ 3:46 p.m.
By Eric Edholm

When new offensive consultant Sherman Lewis, the longtime West Coast disciple, gets up to speed he's likely to notice that the O-line is struggling, the run game needs a shot of speed and the receivers — outside of WR Santana Moss and TE Chris Cooley — need to run better routes and finish plays. Lewis also is being asked to figure out ways to make QB Jason Campbell better and whether they should use Campbell in the shotgun more or less. Campbell said early in the season he was more comfortable there because it allows him to survey the field better, and it showed in Week One against the Giants when he was 14-of-17 passing for 128 yards and a TD in shotgun. But he was only 1-for-7 passing in the first quarter in Week Four against the Bucs in that formation, and head coach Jim Zorn believes you can't run a West Coast offense, or even a modified version of the West Coast, without the QB under center, especially in third-down situations or when the team calls draw plays against an aggressive front. Zorn also has said the receivers' routes are drawn up to coincide with the QB under center. We'll see if Lewis has any influence on this.

http://profootballweekly.com/2009/10/09/lewis-could-advise-redskins-on-shotgun-effectivene

Exactly. What the hell?

Lewis ain't gonna make anyone any faster or make any slackers run routes better

And if it's one thing JC does do well, it's run plays from the shotgun

one wonders how effective Stan Hixon is with the WRs.

as a group the young wide receivers have been very slow to learn the pro game and don't seem to be properly motivated to prepare to take the field and make a contribution.

Let's see.

Found him in a bingo hall.

Hmmmmmm.

Does this mean the audibles will sound like this:

B-17

B-17

N-2

N-2

;)

Let's see.

Found him in a bingo hall.

Hmmmmmm.

Does this mean the audibles will sound like this:

B-17

B-17

N-2

N-2

;)

If that's the case, Blondie, you'll know I'm hollering "BINGO!" when I see something like this.:)

14.jpg

Lewis: Company leader to Raven. Talk to me Johnny...

Zorn: Umm...it's Jim.

Lewis: Look Johnny...I mean Jim...you've caused alot of damage down there. Let me get you out of there...

Zorn: 'Pour Gatorade on me somebody!!!'

I just intercepted Sherman Lewis' twitter to Dan Snyder: 'Sir - figured out the plan for the shotgun. First - purchase shotgun. Then place next to head and pull trigger. My bill is in the mail'

And in 140 characters or less.

Riggins will probably advocate that tomorrow for most of the team.

Personally, I'm thinking gasoline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.