• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Theatrical Representation of the 2009 Season

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Vinny in the radio room...classic....

Too bad the video editing skills weren't better, that had the potential to be an epic triumph!

I just can't bring myself to laugh at this. I am so thoroughly disgusted by the current state of our beloved Redskins! I am trying to lighten up, but every turn brings me closer to antipathy!

Mike, I actually admire how positive you are about the Skins...I mean, I don't know how its possible for you, but its definitely and admirable trait.

lame. looks like it was edited with MS Paint.

one more article downing the skins though....

I agree with the first sentence-sloppy editing.

The second sentence?-well, I have a bit of a different take-it's not about downing the Skins-it's about disgust with the organization that is almost universally agreed is the reason our Skins are struggling.

The Redskins are my team, but the organization is not the team.

PS - saying the Skins need a GM is not "bashing," its pointing out the obvious.

I'm going to say probably let the people who are in the offices, sitting in the meetings and etc decide. They probably know at least a little more then we do. and I'm sure I'll get a bunch of flack about "Ceratto not knowing anything" and stuff like that but something tells me they know a heck of a lot more about what is going on then we do.
Mike, how many times have I questioned, how it is that we as rank amateurs know "X" (use the OL as one example) while the F.O. either doesn't know it, or worse, failed to act upon the knowlege? You don't have to answer, it's a rhetorical question. However, many of the things we have discussed are so basic that any 5th grader should know them. So no, I have to disagree with you on this point.

If nothing more, a decade of observation should be enough proof. The only time we've had any degree of success under Lord Farquaad is when others with football knowlege were in place, i.e. Casserly, Schottenheimer and Gibbs 2.0 Outside of that, it's been a complete farce. Clearly, Snyder wants to have a hand in things and has no idea about what the hell he's doing.

If that's not plain to you by now, I don't know what could be.

I'm going to say probably let the people who are in the offices, sitting in the meetings and etc decide. They probably know at least a little more then we do. and I'm sure I'll get a bunch of flack about "Ceratto not knowing anything" and stuff like that but something tells me they know a heck of a lot more about what is going on then we do.

Mike, I wasn't sure I had a handle on what your position was which is why I asked the question I did. Thanks for clarifying it.

I get that you perceive an unwarranted flood of excessively negative statements directed against the players, coaches, FO, Snyder, Cerrato...etc., and that you would be happier if the articles and posts did a better job of also mentioning what good things the Redskins have done.

I'm not going to try to change your view.

I do, however want to let you know that every NFL team is subject to the same thing-it isn't just the Redskins-even though I think you sometimes feel it is. I will also let you know that, and this is my opinion based on what I've read and heard, that this "flood" of negative comments will only subside under one set of circumstances-an 11+ win season and playoff appearance by the Skins. Nothing short of that will, I don't think, have enough of a soothing effect to cause the criticism to fade substantially.

Whatever decisions are made and implemented by the organization will be dissected and the only gauge of how good those decisions are-to the fans and media-will be the team's on-the-field-performance. I'm telling you this just so you don't raise your own expectations of how fans are going to-or "should" react-this is simply how they will react. I know you're not comfortable with this, but, man, I'm afraid that's what's gonna be there until the team's performance gets better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.