• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This offseason, what would you accept in a trade for Cousins

What's the least you would accept in a trade for Cousins this offseason ?

• 1 or more players (name him or them)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1st rounder + player(s)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 2nd round + player(s)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 3rd round + player(s)

• 1st rounder

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 2nd rounder

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 3rd round

• Combination of multiple draft picks (name the picks)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Combination of both multiple draft picks PLUS 1 or more players

• Other

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • HELL NO - No way would I trade him this offseason under any circumstance

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
15 1st rounders
9 2nd rounders
And 24 4th rounders.

More important, who should we take with the 3rd pick in the upcoming 2043 NFL Draft?

Do we get naming rights of the kid?

I think a first rounder and a very good Olineman would make me pull the trigger, perhaps if tannehill falls off, the fins might trade Long who they will most likely let go anyway, but this way leaves no doubt, throw in the fins first rounder and its a coup of epic proportions, a legit franchise LT, and a first rounder to grab a corner? best offseason ever lol

Long production has started to tail off as injuries has started to pile up
His back knee ankle and he is on the injured reserve as we speak
Now if he was available for a decent price sure go for it

I would not trade him short of an 'offer you can't refuse' (which I'd define as two 1st Round picks). He'll eventually earn the right to try and be an NFL starter, probably elsewhere, but we don't need to be in any rush to give him that opportunity.

I would not trade him short of an 'offer you can't refuse' (which I'd define as two 1st Round picks). He'll eventually earn the right to try and be an NFL starter, probably elsewhere, but we don't need to be in any rush to give him that opportunity.

QFT.

But not this offseason. We finally have two effective starters at QB (not just one) and some of you are already talking about trading one of them???

But I'll say this. If a desperate team like the Cards come to us in March and say something like "Our first in 2013, our first in 2014, and a third in 2015 for Cousins", then fine - we make the trade. Chances are strong that both first round picks will be very high and we could turn that into three or four lower first round picks - and some extra second and third round picks as well. One of those second round picks could be another solid, mobile QB.

Otherwise, we keep Cousins.

QFT.

But not this offseason. We finally have two effective starters at QB (not just one) and some of you are already talking about trading one of them???

But I'll say this. If a desperate team like the Cards come to us in March and say something like "Our first in 2013, our first in 2014, and a third in 2015 for Cousins", then fine - we make the trade. Chances are strong that both first round picks will be very high and we could turn that into three or four lower first round picks - and some extra second and third round picks as well. One of those second round picks could be another solid, mobile QB.

Otherwise, we keep Cousins.

I know what you're saying, but I fall into an 'offer you can't refuse' camp, my offer you can't refuse is just lower.

2 first round picks for a guy that played well in one game against the browns? give me a break :)

if you can turn a 4th round pick into a 2nd round pick in less than a year, after letting him play 1 game, and you just traded 3 first round picks and a 2nd to get griffin, then I think you take it.

i recognize how valuable he is, but take another qb next year late and see if you can do the same. in the mean time get an O lineman, safety, cornerback, or d lineman with your new second round pick (likely from a crap team since they need a qb, so it'll be high)

just to clarify, i don't think anyone will offer us a good enough pick to trade him, so i'm happy assuming we'll keep him :)

2 first round picks for a guy that played well in one game against the browns? give me a break :)

True, Matt Flynn played better and for a more extended period last year than Cousins, and how's he doin in Seattle now ? Teams may be more reluctant to give up much for 1-game wonders, after the Matt Flynn and Matt Cassel debacles. Well, at least Cousins' name isn't Matt, like the others :)

There is one glitch with trading Cousins. We still have a cap issue thanks to Mara. First priority should be to resign Orakpo.

We need to keep our core guys.

I actually think the priority is grooming his replacement. Chronic upper body injuries to a DE are a huge problem. Recurrent pec injuries have been known to shorten careers drastically.

As for Cousins, ya can't put a price tag on him. When you can plug a qb into a system that is designed for somebody like Robert with little change to the play calling, that's about as priceless as it gets.

I would not trade Cousins until 2014.

This is what I am thinking as well. That is, unless someone just flat makes us an offer we can't refuse but I am not sure how I define that and really not sure how Mike and Bruce define it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.