• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Give Credit to Redskins Defense

Sorry for barging in, but wouldn't that support Neo's stance that it is the safeties who are awful? An increase in talent at one safety position for one game utterly transformed the defense.

not if we have Meriweather coming back next season... and our safeties are younger... Hall is on the downward slope at this point, where Williams and Gomes have gotten better over the course of the season.. and another year will only help that cause. Doughty hasnt been a liability.. regardless of what people are saying, i'm just not seeing that, where you can look at Hall's ATTEMPT to knock the ball out a couple weeks ago, allowed the reciever to carry him for an additional 20 yards

not if we have Meriweather coming back next season... and our safeties are younger... Hall is on the downward slope at this point, where Williams and Gomes have gotten better over the course of the season.. and another year will only help that cause. Doughty hasnt been a liability.. regardless of what people are saying, i'm just not seeing that, where you can look at Hall's ATTEMPT to knock the ball out a couple weeks ago, allowed the reciever to carry him for an additional 20 yards

Ah well...I was looking at right now. Also, Meriweather is no guarantee for next season. ACLs usually take a solid 6 months to recover from, then slowly getting back to health (for everyone except AP, who apparently is a freak of nature). Brandon will likely miss all of OTAs & camps, and there's a good chance he'll miss a few early games as well.

Ah well...I was looking at right now. Also, Meriweather is no guarantee for next season. ACLs usually take a solid 6 months to recover from, then slowly getting back to health (for everyone except AP, who apparently is a freak of nature). Brandon will likely miss all of OTAs & camps, and there's a good chance he'll miss a few early games as well.

but we cant really address ANY position at this point... we might be able to pick up a random free agent, but nobody who's going to make a massive difference...

I would not even CONSIDER bringing back Merriweather under any circumstances

Why not? He's an asshat, but he seemed to have shaped up here, and just couldn't get on the field due to injury.

He's an injury waiting to happen. We've wasted enough roster spots on players who can't stay on the field.

He's got 2 bad knees and is so fragile he gets hurt without even making contact with another player.
He has to live in a bubble or a padded room to stay healthy. Time to move on.

He's an injury waiting to happen. We've wasted enough roster spots on players who can't stay on the field.

He's got 2 bad knees and is so fragile he gets hurt without even making contact with another player.
He has to live in a bubble or a padded room to stay healthy. Time to move on.

I'm not sure i agree. We dont know how Meriweather rehabbed before.. and a freak deal with a collision in the pre-game is the only reason he didnt come back earlier in the year. Knee injuries can be a pattern, but they can also be an absolute freak luck of the draw. Meriweather brings an element to our secondary that we need... FIRE. A rookie isn't going to bring that in right off the bat, and are there any game changer free agents out there that we can afford..

Our defense has shown it can be serviceable over the last few weeks, and like i said, our safeties next year are going to be a year older in the league... helping with their development. I saw we NEED to bring Meriweather back.. there are other roster spots that are occupied by no results. Banks, Paul, Briscoe, Grossman... that's 4 right off the top of my head. At the beginning of the year, i was a huge advocate of keeping Grossman on this team to help with the development of the QBs... well if Cousins continues to do what he's doing, i'm comfortable going into this with just our 2 young bucks.

The kid's had 3 knee injuries in a single season.
Not to mention, his disciplinary problems in each of the last 3 seasons.
With all of the disciplinary and injury problems we've had on this team, combined with the fact that our team's success truly hinges at the position he plays, since safety is our weakest position, do you really want to take another chance on such a huge question mark of a player ?

Last edited:
The kid's had 3 knee injuries in a single season.
Not to mention, his disciplinary problems in each of the last 3 seasons.
With all of the disciplinary and injury problems we've had on this team, combined with the fact that our team's success truly hinges at the position he plays, since safety is our weakest position, do you really want to take another chance on such a huge question mark of a player ?

What's our record? Are we in contention? Is he a difference maker? Are there other position players doing less? Has he been a problem thus far...? Yes to any of these questions?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

For those saying Jarvis Jenkins hasn't done much - he's got 2 less QB pressures than Kerrigan, and is 4th overall on the team.

#Redskins' leaders in QB pressures: Barry Cofield 34, Stephen Bowen 31, Ryan Kerrigan 23, Jarvis Jenkins 21, Lorenzo Alexander 10.

via @Granthpaulsen

Imagine what those numbers would look like with Rak in there!

He has progressed throughout the season Lanky, but he has not been what we expected. Maybe the knee is getting better, he is more comfortable at the pro-level...whatever. But he struggled mightily earlier in the year.

He has progressed throughout the season Lanky, but he has not been what we expected. Maybe the knee is getting better, he is more comfortable at the pro-level...whatever. But he struggled mightily earlier in the year.

in his defense, he's essentially a rookie, who's pass rushing end, as well as OLB got hurt, and early in the year, Jackson hadnt emerged... so its not like anyone took the gameplan away from him..

Im not saying he's a worldbeater, but has he really underperformed for his experience and/or situation?

I just am trying to point out his contributions go further than what's noted in the stat sheet. He's a big part of the run defense getting more stout as of late as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.