• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Defeating Complacency and making a team statement

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
After 4 in a row and beating playoff teams... this team could have been due for a letdown facing the lowly Browns. Yes, we've been in playoff mode since the bye, but this team historically gets full of itself and it is hard to keep up that level of focus for a month.

Enter Kirk Cousins... one thing I was thinking most of the week was that if Kirk plays that it was a good psychological tool, because the Redskins couldn't let down. They had to work harder to make sure the untested rook didn't let the team down. And that's what you saw... the defense played their best game of the year, the offense played tough and really seriously.

The team would have played hard under RGIII and I think we still win, but they well may have thought with Superman Cleveland would be a gimme.

Most importantly, today, the Redskins proved to themselves and everyone else that they are not a one man team. It's not RGIII all by himself. The Redskins can win. The team is good enough to win important games against a team battling for its playoff life that was also on a long winning streak.

I think this game actually means a lot psychologically and of course in the playoff race.

HTTR.

We can not understate the importance of this game. The team now must have the utmost confidence in Griff's backup. We can win with him and we can win without him. That confidence can NOT be understated.

This win was HUGE. Not because of the opponent but because of the circumstances.

Cousins seems to have very nice chemistry with Leonard Hankerson. Getting Hankerson a ball or two early keeps his focus in the game. Note for next week.

Kirk looks like he started out sluggish but settled down to have a great game

The right games fall our way next week I think we can clinch the NFC east

I'll comment eventually. Right now I'm still taking oxygen. :)

Czaban said Cousins doesn't have an NFL arm. He needs to get a new pair of glasses.

Czaban is the same fool that said Cousins was a waste of a draft choice. 2 years from now when the Redskins trade him for a high pick or two Czaban will then compliment the vision of the front office :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.