• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner’s Burning Questions – Weeks Thirteen, Fourteen

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://bgobsession.com/blog.php?b=484

After taking a one week hiatus, BBQ is back for more fun and excitement. The big question this week is the health of Robert Griffin, III – specifically, the sprained knee. Let’s head right over to the question board for this week.

Q1: Mike Shanahan is a master of deception. A few years ago, we knew every move the team was making whether it was in free agency, the draft, game planning, or looming cuts. There were no secrets. Do you know who is starting at QB this week? Being stealthy and employing a bit of disinformation to the enemy is a refreshing change at Redskins Park – don’t you think so?
A: BBQ certainly prefers it over the old way of doing business. That includes tracking the team plane – although, that was fun and challenging.

Q2: Alfred Morris continues to impress us on the playing field. However, his character away from the sport speaks volumes about him as a person. Read this story and take some time to look at the comments.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rris-is-full-of-the-true-spirit-of-christmas/

Like fans of opposing teams are saying, it is hard to hate an opponent who gives so much respect to the game and others. BBQ is very proud of Mr. Morris and BGO members likely agree.
A: What are your favorite Alfred Morris moments – on and off the field?

Q3: A simple question. Has Jim Haslett done enough in recent weeks to keep his job?
A: BBQ believes that the remaining games are needed as a gauge to see if he stays or is ushered out the door.

Q4: Does Kirk Cousins have your confidence if he is needed this week or in the future?
A: Captain Kirk was very impressive in the closing moments (regulation) of the Ravens game. In some of his late game improvising, it is obvious that Cousins has learned a few tricks from RG3. Again, does Kirk Cousins have your vote of confidence?

Q5: After the bye, did you expect wins over three straight division rivals and the Ravens?
A: Let’s be honest. None of us were thinking that the Redskins could go to Dallas on Thanksgiving, then host the Giants, and top it off with the Ravens while sweeping all three games. Add a blowout win over the Eagles and the playoff hunt is on the radar. Let’s hope it continues this week.

See you after the game in Cleveland.

Hail To The Redskins!

Well, the title got cut. If a mod could give a helping hand...

Anyway, several questions this week. Backs are still against the wall and we need to continue winning. Add your thoughts to the questions.

Thanks for the compliment. In the offseason, the blog shifts to free agency ideas/questions and mock drafts. As we get closer to the draft, the mocks increase. Everyone is encouraged to add their own mocks and FA preferences.

Got to thinking about how stealthy Coach Shanahan can be and this QB situation will be milked all the way to kickoff - bank on it. I love the tactic.

And thanks for helping to correct the title (Om?).

Alfred (and Joshua Morgan) having a balloon battle with the kids during a recent Redskins Christmas charity event.

One of my favorites 'cause Alfred was in the middle of it all getting pummelled and looked to be having more fun than the kids.

This is the week the Redskins need Morris to have his best game of the season as Griffin will play but may very well be limited in what they have him do outside of the pocket.

One of the things I like most about Cousins is he was the team captain in college and by all accounts is a natural leader.

That leads to Griffin-like calm coming off the bench which allowa him to perform.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Does Kirk Cousins have my vote of confidence? Yes and no. As Kirk himself said in his press conference, 2 passes isn't enough of a sample size to show what he's got, or doesn't have. I think he's probably improved from where he was in the Atlanta game, but I think he's probably still pretty raw. That being said I'd rather see him come in than Rex because Kirk would get a lot from the experience and would likely learn from any mistakes he made, whereas Rex isn't gonna get any better at this point so you just have to live with the mistakes as part of the package.

True. There is no doubt in my mind Shanahan drafted Cousins for two reasons. One is to backup Griffin at a level higher than this team has seen from backups the past few years.

But the second reason is to develop and ultimately trade Cousins in 2 years and recoup one of the high picks we gave up for Griffin.

It's win-win as Kyle will help Kirk develop at a faster clip than many coordinators and he will get a chance down the line to get paid and qb his own team.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I agree BT, but the 2 year window is less likely than keeping under his rookie contract for all 4 years. At least I think he has a 4 year rookie contract...

Man, if the Redskins could somehow get their hands on Giovani Bernard, I'm convinced he and Morris would be the most lethal 1-2 punch in NFL history. He'll go top 10 though, so that's just a pipe dream. Maybe to the Rams to replace an aging Steven Jackson.

I would prefer to judge Haslett once he has a legit pair of starting corners.

Last year, the Redskins lost 2 games to Dallas largely because the team had no matchup corners that could iso on Dez Bryant on 'forever and a day' yardage plays.

This year both Hall and Wilson were torched by backup receivers on the Bengals.

We need better.

If the last 4 games were representative of Haslett's tenure here I'd agree with you BT. But they are the anomaly as opposed to the trend. His D's often are schemed horribly and seemingly make little to no adjustments to what the other team is doing. I'd grant that he has been a bit hamstrung by some key injuries and lack of talent in the secondary but that hasn't always been the case and he's still called way too many HORRIBLE games for me to want to give him more time. I'm with Ryan, let's move on.

I've got a good feeling about tomorrow. No particular reason just see Kyle calling the style game i like (run the **** out of it).

That along with Kirk has had several more games to watch the Griff do his thing in this offense. Just see a continuation of last week's 4th qtr & OT. Kid has had more time to absorb the O in addition to taking all the first string snaps this week.

Edit: I too really enjoy your write ups BB.

Last edited:
I hope that good feeling pans out. I'm neutral to slightly pessimistic now about this game, but hoping Kirk can get the job done.

And thanks for the compliments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.