• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Are OK, Not in AFC West

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
A quick recap of the 5-8 Browns shows that 3 of those victories came against the hapless AFC West where Denver is the only quality team.

That includes last week's win over the 1-11 Chiefs and an earlier ugly 7-6 win over the soon to be Norv-less Chargers.

They have played some close games but have usually found a way to lose late.

Sound familiar from watching the Redskins 2008-2011?

Again, hard for me to see the Browns favored by 7 points hosting the Redskins or anyone else that is at least .500.

The Redskins could lose this game but it won't be because the Browns are an emerging success story.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

they have like 10 #1 picks on defense and there getting better....i hope this is there week for the brownies to fall apart !that way griff can rest up !

The Browns have won three in a row. We're not playing the worst team in the league this week.

Redskins will need to get them down early, don't let them think they have a chance, take the crowd out of the game, and put some major licks on Breeden (who although has had some decent games, plays a lot more like a rookie than some of his peers and is prone to mistakes under pressure :)). The 'logical' approach is to play it safe on the road. But we need to be very aggressive and go after them instead.

Up until three weeks ago that's what we were doing.

Actually we were losing to struggling teams like Carolina rather than beating them. The 4 game winning streak is nice but it hasn't completely wiped away the memory of years of Redskins teams playing down to the level of their competition.

A lot of negative streaks and trends have been broken during this winning streak, let's hope playing down to the level of the competition and losing to teams you should beat is a trend that goes away too.

Actually we were losing to struggling teams like Carolina rather than beating them. The 4 game winning streak is nice but it hasn't completely wiped away the memory of years of Redskins teams playing down to the level of their competition.

Yeah, the Philly game is the first time I can remember this not happening.

A lot of negative streaks and trends have been broken during this winning streak, let's hope playing down to the level of the competition and losing to teams you should beat is a trend that goes away too.

True that, I was referring to the early wins as being against less-than-formidable teams, which as Lanky pointed out changed with the post bye week performance. I must disagree, however, with those who dismiss the Browns as an easy one to win, they are not as bad as their record indicates-even considering their schedule. We can win it, but it won't be easy even if Griff starts. None of the remaining games are going to be "easy", IMO.

Not to pick nits, but when we beat the Vikings earlier this year they were not struggling. And after losing to us the Bucs went on to win five of their next six.

Including those Bucs (who are 6-7) we have only played four teams with a losing record this season, and only lost to one of them.

Not sure what this has to do with the Browns game, exactly, but I like dispensing knowledge. :)

I keep thinking this Browns game is a "typical Redskins" type game, where they go out flat and lose to an inferior opponent. You know the game - they have happened quite frequently (even this year to the Rams & Panthers). However, there is something nagging at me, and I think tr1 may have touched on it in his thread.

This isn't a typical Redskins team.

They have talent where it counts, and that talent is starting to show itself. I don't believe they won more than 2 in a row since 2007...clearly that's atypical. This year is different...win or lose, I think we are witnessing the start of something great!

I keep thinking this Browns game is a "typical Redskins" type game, where they go out flat and lose to an inferior opponent. You know the game - they have happened quite frequently (even this year to the Rams & Panthers). However, there is something nagging at me, and I think tr1 may have touched on it in his thread.

This isn't a typical Redskins team.

They have talent where it counts, and that talent is starting to show itself. I don't believe they won more than 2 in a row since 2007...clearly that's atypical. This year is different...win or lose, I think we are witnessing the start of something great!

I share the same concern in the back of my mind, but also agree that it just has a slightly different "feel" now and that gives me hope!

I desperately want this game to be an affirmation of change!

Actually, Foles 381 passing yards last week has me more concerned about the Eagles at home in a payback game.

Eh...Eagles were playing the worst pass-defense in the NFL. I wouldn't put too much stock in that number personally.

So why are folks on this board hyperventilating about the Browns being a team to be reckoned with after beating the 1-11 Chiefs?

So why are folks on this board hyperventilating about the Browns being a team to be reckoned with after beating the 1-11 Chiefs?

I don't think anyone is saying that. I think this is the typical game that they lose against an inferior team, and then looking for reasons that that might happen. But I don't think anyone is saying the Browns are a superbowl team, lol.

We get to play the AFC West next season, so aside from the away Denver game (assuming Peyton Manning sticks around), we should be able to comfortably predict three wins against those opponents next season.

As for this Sunday, I think fans are just considering the due theory and that the Skins are bound to lose sooner or later. Also, despite the Skins not having played well at FedEx in recent years, three out of the four wins on the recent streak were at home. Of course, two of them were against bona-fide quality opponents in the Giants and Ravens. But folks are still anticipating the team potentially struggling as it goes away from home for two games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.