• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins wideout may have let something slip re: RG3

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Hmm.

Mon Dieu?

Redskins wideout may have let something slip re: RG3Posted by Darin Gantt on December 11, 2012, 11:56 AM EST

AP

While all the reports on Robert Griffin III seemed positive yesterday, Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon may have let the cat out of the bag regarding his quarterback’s status for this week’s game.

Talking about their meeting with Cleveland, he said on ESPN’s SportsCenter (via CSNWashington.com) “We have a little bit tougher of a task with Kirk starting.”

“We have to play well around Kirk so Kirk doesn’t feel like he has to save the team and help him to be a comfortable as possible,” he continued.

“Kirk” would be Kirk Cousins, the rookie backup, and it’s unclear if Garcon just misspoke or was preparing for something the players are planning on happening.

Coach Mike Shanahan said he didn’t rule Griffin out with a knee sprain, but didn’t rule him in, either.

PFT actually picked it up from Tandler...

http://www.csnwashington.com/footba...slip-rg3s-status?awid=5974464883923664782-835

Redskins receiver Pierre Garçon is making the rounds on the ESPN shows this morning and he may have just broken some big news.

Talking about Sunday’s game in Cleveland with anchor Bram Weinstein on SportsCenter, Garçon said, “We have a little bit tougher of a task with Kirk starting.”

“We have to play well around Kirk so Kirk doesn’t feel like he has to save the team and help him to be a comfortable as possible.”

He was talking about rookie backup quarterback Kirk Cousins, of course. If Cousins is indeed starting, that would mean that Robert Griffin III will sit out the game in Cleveland.

Mike Shanahan said in a news conference yesterday that he “definitely” did not rule Griffin out for Sunday’s game. However, it is possible that internally the team believes that Griffin will not be able to play and that word has spread among the players.

It’s also possible that Garçon either misspoke, projecting a hypothetical to next Sunday. He was given a chance to backtrack by Weinstein but he didn’t offer a clarification or revision of what he said.

“Well, we have to prepare for the worst,” he said.

I almost wouldn't put it past Shanahan to have instructed Garçon to say that intentionally...

Garcon has remained quiet this season refusing to speak about his own status at times with the toe injury.

Hard to believe a veteran would just blurt out that type of response on his own.

Especially with a coach this secretive.

Sounds like a setup to me.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

With Garcon being on the ESPN circuit today as a planned event, I would guess that he was put up to say that for extra confusion in the Brown's practice this week.

" I would sit RG3 at least this week. Redskins can beat the Browns with Kirk Cousins or Kirk Cameron."

Sometimes pft comments are the best
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Tell you what .... we DO go on the road with a second-string rookie QB, and beat a team on a 3-game winning streak playing with zero pressure and probably feeling pretty good about itself, and we might just start thinking there's somethin' goin' on aroun' here.

We're not that clever. Garcon should be smart enough not to give a team a game-planning edge all week long. He should be, but apparently he's not. And, although I like Cousins, some of you are wildly underestimating the Browns. Weeden can play, and they are on as big a hot streak as we are right now. We will be fortunate to prevail.

All the more reason to have Griffin suit up if he's anything close to 100%.

Garçon has no way of knowing who will play. For one they haven't even started meetings and practice. Fletcher and D Hall were doubtful all last week and they played. We are going to as much possible to cause the Brown's D extra work.

My guess is RG3 and Cousins will get some reps this week. Then Sunday Shanahan will show his hand.

We're not that clever. Garcon should be smart enough not to give a team a game-planning edge all week long. He should be, but apparently he's not. And, although I like Cousins, some of you are wildly underestimating the Browns. Weeden can play, and they are on as big a hot streak as we are right now. We will be fortunate to prevail.

All the more reason to have Griffin suit up if he's anything close to 100%.

Griffins dad said this afternoon that Griffin was feeling good and looking forward to playing this Sunday. This is all posturing, it has to be. Shanahan has control of this whole locker room and they are playing this game along with him. Like someone else said, yesterday was an off-day, so how in the world would he have ANY info on Griffin yet?

I thought Dan Steinberg's take was actually pretty good about this saying in relevant part:
Sports Bog said:
Garcon also told Cowherd that he hasn’t seen Griffin since Sunday. So, uh, yeah, forget all this.
I think Garcon was basically speaking about being prepared to play with whomever is starting.

On the other side of this -- sorta weird to be Cousins and have your teammate refer to the situation of you starting as "prepar[ing] for the worst."

I thought Dan Steinberg's take was actually pretty good about this saying in relevant part:

I think Garcon was basically speaking about being prepared to play with whomever is starting.

On the other side of this -- sorta weird to be Cousins and have your teammate refer to the situation of you starting as "prepar[ing] for the worst."

preparing for the worst in relation to Griffin's knee... not who is under center

Oh goody, I love multiple choice quizzes.

a.) Shanny "Hey Pierre, you want to help me troll the Browns?"

b.) Shanny "Dammit, Pierre, loose lips sink ships!"

c.) Shanny "Huh? Does Pierre know something I don't?"

d.) Cousins " Cool, I get to....wait a minute, what'd Pierre say?"

e.) NFL sports media Twitter accounts shut down several servers.

f.) e.) plus one of a.) through d.)

or if you compare it to Cousins' quote, who clearly was "coached into his response"

"I was advised not to comment on the rep distribution during practice, and not to say anything along those lines, to protect my team, and give us the best chance to win on Sunday" :laugh:

Well, given how RGIII has performed this season, any alternative is indeed "the worst". Me personally, I think Kirk is still green and hence a couple more picks will be forthcoming this Sunday.

LOL, Ross Tucker on Sirius radio was great this morning.

he said something like...

"Rg3 not only has all the gifts a player could ask for, speed, accuracy, agility etc but the guys even heals faster!"

Made my morning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.