• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins

I'm very happy for Captain Kirk but let's face it, a LOT of Morris' success depends on RG3. If the Browns crowd the line keying on Morris and force Cousins to try to beat them deep, I wouldn't like our chances too much.
^^This. Well, except for the part about Cousins. Without RGIII and the read option I think most of Morris' 8-12 yard runs turn into 3 yard runs instead. I think Cousins will be able to capitalize on the opportunity if they try to stack the box but what worries me is that without RGIII they may not need to go to such lengths to stop the run.

Even so, I'd rather we sit Griff this week and take our chances with Capt. Kirk.

I understand what many have been saying about the read option, but now a team has to prepare for a whole new QB and they don't fully know his skill set. So instead of preparing for the read option with Griff, they have to wonder what formations will be runs from a true shotgun instead of the pistol or with Cousins under center.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them use the pistol formation with Cousins just to put the Browns on notice that they will they need to still be prepared for anything. Of course that is contingent upon Shanahan putting the health of Griffin above the game and sitting him for the next 2 games or at least against the Browns.

What, me worry? :)

Cousins has been all right in emergency duty. Is it unreasonable to believe he'll be better with his own game plan installed?

We win either way. It'll be hard fought, but if the Eagles, Boys, Giants and Ravens have all failed to break the streak, ain't a chance in hell we let the Brownies.

I missed the part where the Browns were challenging the Patriots in the AFC.

I disagree about Morris' production without Griffin.

Last year Helu and Royster were able to rack up 100 yard games running the traditional stretch with Rex Grossman at qb. With this same line on the field.

I also think Cousins can be effective throwing the ball against these DBs. He has an accurate NFL arm and the ability to sidestep the rush.

His greatest challenge if he plays Sunday is to avoid putting the ball in traffic because of his confidence, not the other way around like the Czabans and Pollins seem to think.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Just watched the replay on NFL Network and he spoke to that BT. He said on the TD pass he didn't want to make the same mistake of holding on to the ball too long and forcing into coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.