• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What does the win over Ravens say?

RG3 Fan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Baylor
I think it says a lot. Won when offense is out of synch. Won after three emotional wins in a row. Won without RG3 at the end of the game. Won with backs against the wall. Definitely not the Redskins of old (meaning the past ten years). Basically WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

HTTR

It says we scored more points today than Baltimore :)

Seriously though, it just says we're hungrier than they are. We have the fight in us right now, now matter how hard DeAngelo tries to strip it away.

I still think there might be something physically going on with Hall-he looked worse than usual today trying to cover.

I still think there might be something physically going on with Hall-he looked worse than usual today trying to cover.
Something was definitely up. Even my wife was saying that even for Hall he looked bad. That play up the sideline stands out to me. It was like he wasn't even making an attempt to play. It looked like he grabbed on for the ride instead of going for the easy force out, and casually pawed at the ball.

But the blown coverages, the constant late hits and boneheaded flags, I just couldn't be more filled with complete disgust over a player. And yet the coaches seem to love the bastard, I just don't get it. He is the most detrimental player on the roster, and he needs to go.

Yeah, pretty sure its Banks and Hall every week. One down...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't "hate" any of 'em.

I will admit to getting a little peeved when a player, or two makes me throw up in my mouth on an all too regular basis.

On a related note: Good to see you today Mr. Crawford-hope to see more of you in the future. Mr. Hall I would suggest a visit to the infirmary for a check-up-I am being generous here, remember, sir.

On the subject of what today's win means-other than the fact the Redskins are now over .500 for the season-the Redskins team I've been watching has an attitude, a "we are not going to lose this game" attitude that I have not seen for far too long. They don't resign themselves to any game being a "lost cause".

This is a sea change.

BTW, Mike, I understand your pet peeve about fans downing Redskins players-I just am used to it and expect it as normal fan conduct-we're an emotional lot, you know.

However, I have a pet peeve of my own.

Stop talking about trends that date back ten or twenty years as if they have anything at all to do with the 2012 Redskins, dammit, that's superstitious freakin' nonsense. This is a whole different team, get used to it. Get over it-the past is gone, done, the demons have left the building. Jeez! :whip:

Rant over.

Thank you. :)

What does this win say? It says a lot about this team.

1. It continues the message of "things are different." This team in the past could have mailed it in at multiple points in this game. From the opening kickoff, to Griffin getting hurt... we never said "no."

2. It's the first time this season that the return game had an impact on the game. That's another aspect that (for reasons we all know) has not been a factor for us, and yesterday it was.

3. It's another statement in the locker room that we can beat the upper tier of teams in this league. The Ravens have had struggles this year, sure, but they were still 9-3 coming into this game.

We've shown some definite movement in the positive direction this year that we should all be delighted about.

1. Improved play within the division.

2. Finding ways to steal games against some of the upper echelon teams (e.g. NYG, Ravens)

3. Showing more consistency in home games.

If there is one concern I still have, it's this team's ability to do what they need to do against teams that we perceive to be weaker than us. Quite frankly, we lacked the focus, preparation, and determination needed to win at St. Louis and at home vs. Carolina.

To officially put the seal of approval on things and confidently say that this team has turned the corner, I want us to go out there at Cleveland and Philly and do what a team on the type of run the Redskins currently are on should do - win. End of story.

The Redskins have just won three straight games over teams with winning records.

The Cowboys have won four of their last five. The one loss was us. On Thanksgiving. In Dallas.

The Giants and Ravens are leadings their divisions. They both won their divisions last season. They are used to winning and know how to do it. We out gut-checked both of them. This last game we did so without our star player on the field.

This win, and this streak, may ultimately not get us into the playoffs but what it does say to me is it's starting to come together. This team is getting better as the season wears on. Not just Griffin, but the other young guys and, dare I say it, the defense. This is what it looks like when a rebuild takes hold.

Tough Crowd. Hall was on crutches earlier in the week.

I was thinking the same thing! I think he officially had both Knee and ankle troubles too. Considering that, he did quite well in my mind.

The one play I hated that he messed up was when he kept trying to free the ball and allowed an extra 10 yds on that late run.

The Redskins have just won three straight games over teams with winning records.

The Cowboys have won four of their last five. The one loss was us. On Thanksgiving. In Dallas.

The Giants and Ravens are leadings their divisions. They both won their divisions last season. They are used to winning and know how to do it. We out gut-checked both of them. This last game we did so without our star player on the field.

This win, and this streak, may ultimately not get us into the playoffs but what it does say to me is it's starting to come together. This team is getting better as the season wears on. Not just Griffin, but the other young guys and, dare I say it, the defense. This is what it looks like when a rebuild takes hold.

Yes this is exactly right on the money. I still need more consistency and some better d before I'm going to be able to ditch this "Norvous" condition but I'm getting there slowly. I had us at about .500 at best this year so all of this playoff run stuff is just gravy for me. I'll be anticipating excellence next year.

I've been one who's been hard on Haslett so props are due for the latest bit of uptake, but the overall defensive play is still abysmal IMO, so I haven't changed my mind about his need to go at season's end any more than I have my opinion on Hall.

Hall was indeed on crutches last week so he gets cut slack on being out cut or out sprinted but he gets cut zero slack for late hits and just plain stupid play that led to 2 maybe 3 Raven TD's. The inability to cover a simple double move is so notorious that other teams gameplan for it specifically. He can't cover it when he's healthy let alone dinged and either draws a PI penalty or allows a huge play like he did for Boldin's 1st TD Sunday. Then he allows another TD by basically giving up on the end of a play and not sticking his man. If he does then that 2nd TD to Boldin might not happen, he's certainly not wide open after having Hall run shoulder to shoulder the first 15 yards.

Finally, the running down the sideline for 10 yards playing patty cake while hanging on to the shirt tale play.

Again, a mental error.

I'm not buying that the ankle or knee had anything to do with that. He was trying to make a big play instead of making the sound football play and tackling the freakin guy, like he does game after game after game. Yet another ridiculous talent who's ego can't get out of the way. A little more Darrel Green and a little less Deion would go a long way with this guy on the field.

Let me clarify. :)

The defense is not great. I don't think it will ever be great this season.

But it's better than it was. It's playing well enough to give our high-powered offense a chance. That's all we can really ask for at this point.

Tough Crowd. Hall was on crutches earlier in the week.
No excuse. Sit if it's that bad. And crutches this week is no excuse for his horrible play the other 12 games. He is consistently well below average.

Let me clarify. :)

The defense is not great. I don't think it will ever be great this season.

But it's better than it was. It's playing well enough to give our high-powered offense a chance. That's all we can really ask for at this point.

This is correct. Haz will be back next year folks. A legitimate argument can be made that the one half we had Merriweather for was the best half of football we played on D all season long.

(of course, that was against a rookie making his first start, but still...)

With the D doing enough to keep the offense in the game, able to win it, Haz deserves some credit. Not a ton, but certainly some.

Hall was not 100%, so Ravens attacked him which is smart football. Give him credit for wanting to play with pain, plus with injuries and suspensions there is very little behind him. The PF flag was dumb, but kind of understand. Boldin was giving him fits due to injury. He just saw a chance to get a shot in. Kudos to Hall for willing to put in on line for team. This is part of what this win says.

Yesterday I saw leadership and chemistry the likes we haven't seen in years. In weeks leading up to yesterday several vets told Cousins they had faith in him. When he went in he had extra confidence.

In previous years, the loss of a RG3 would have deflated the team. We probably don't have the will to push on. Yesterday the players picked it up a knotch and closed ranks. You could see them play harder to help Cousins and their teammates. Notice the blocking by OL at the end. They took control.

This wins means we have a "team".

Hall was not 100%, so Ravens attacked him which is smart football.
Hall at 100% is still worse than 90% of the league. Every team attacks him, because he always goes for the strip or bites hard on the double move, or assumes he has help without looking first, so it's a guaranteed huge play.

I don't have the patience to check through all the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that well over half of the passing TDs against us this year were against Hall, and at least 90% of the plays over 25 yards were against Hall.

As if giving up huge plays on bad decisions wasn't enough, he spends the entire game doing stupid things like late hits, hitting defenseless receivers, getting into fights, cussing out refs, etc. And it's all out of either frustration or complete ignorance. Either way, he's a cancer, and nearly every single thing he has done this entire season has hurt the team. He is the exact opposite of what a Redskins player is supposed to represent, and he needs to go.

Give him credit for wanting to play with pain, plus with injuries and suspensions there is very little behind him.
It's nothing more than his ego wanting to play through the pain. he has it in his head that he's a superstar, and he's far from it. The problem is, I will never believe that what we have on the bench is worse than him. There is no way. Our backups can be just as bad or better, but not worse. I'd rather take a chance and see what we have than keep giving what we know is worthless the starting spot week in and week out. We could have the Tom Brady of corners sitting on the bench wasting his career away waiting for everyone to get tired of Hall, and we'll never know until Hall is gone.

The PF flag was dumb, but kind of understand. Boldin was giving him fits due to injury. He just saw a chance to get a shot in. Kudos to Hall for willing to put in on line for team.
So what's his excuse for doing the same, if not dumber things, in every other game this season? If it was an isolated incident I could understand, but he does it every single week. He's had 4 fines and an ejection this season. That's more than the rest of the team combined from the last 2 seasons combined.

Extreme, I understand you don't like Hall. He isn't my most favorite player, but he is our best corner. The corner most teams exploit is Josh Wilson.

The late hit I can kind of understand. In heat of battle he had his chance for a payback. Not a smart move by any means, but may have sent a message to Boldin.

Not saying either of is right or wrong. On Hall yesterday we can agree to disagree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.