• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Griff's MRI Negative

let kc play and put rg3 in as back up and rest him ...unless where doing really bad and cant win with kirk then put him in ...we cant afford to lose a game ..cleveland whooped ass today ,but if where winning just let that knee rest for tha playoffs in we get in !

Maybe he is Superman. That knee looked seriously hyper-extended.
Ahhh. The elasticity of youth. Maybe he's Rubber Band Man.

As to the MRI. Don't they usually only wait when there is a bunch of swelling involved, so it will get a better picture? Must not have been swollen much, if at all.

One more thing.

Robert, learn how to fall better dude. Slide, or get out of bounds.

rex-grossman.jpg

"Sit back and relax....I got these Brownies guys....I'm back and with Pierre,I'm goin' deep!"

As to the MRI. Don't they usually only wait when there is a bunch of swelling involved, so it will get a better picture? Must not have been swollen much, if at all.

One more thing.

He was committing to going down when he got hit, he was pretty much on the ground... and the play before that the same thing happened, he was almost on the ground, got hit helmet to helmet, and the refs didn't flag it. I guess if he's 'diving' it doesn't warrant a penalty, but if he's 'sliding' it does.. i dont know.

... and the play before that the same thing happened, he was almost on the ground, got hit helmet to helmet, and the refs didn't flag it. I guess if he's 'diving' it doesn't warrant a penalty, but if he's 'sliding' it does.. i dont know.

Derek brother...you are still wrong about this. He got clipped by the defender from behind before he started to go down. He was a live runner, not a defenseless player.

I dunno E the guy lowered his head and took aim for RG's head with his forearm. That's not a legal play on ANY player. I'd bet a ton we see a fine for that play this week.

Yeah hitting with the crown of your helmet, helmet to helmet, is frowned upon. Doesn't matter who hits who.

Looks like reports are a knee contusion.

Guess we wont know more until the presser though. Even then Shanahan is going to play games.

One more thing.

After blowing my ACL and seeing how docs reacted I was convinced RG3's wasn't too terribly bad. He was walking on it unassisted and had no ice on it. If it was blown or really bad I think they staff would have insisted on crutches and maybe a bubble cast and/or an ice pack wrap. That or they would have had him off his feet completely with his leg elevated and iced. He'll be sore and I'm sure they'll do some icing and flexibility, and ultrasound work coupled with some serious ART therapy this week but I bet he doesn't miss a quarter next week.

The kid has GOT to learn to choose option A and run out of bounds instead of option B of cutting inside and more yards. That's two hits now this season that could have been major game losing injuries. The hit Sunday was totally unnecessary. Live to fight another day RG3!

Griff needs to learn how to slide. He does like this half-assed-fall-down-thing and all that does is allow defenders to slam his upper body to the ground.

Feet first, Griff. Like baseball. Just dropping to the ground butt-first doesn't count.

Griff needs to learn how to slide. He does like this half-assed-fall-down-thing and all that does is allow defenders to slam his upper body to the ground.

Feet first, Griff. Like baseball. Just dropping to the ground butt-first doesn't count.

He also needs to stop putting himself in positions where he has to slide.

He could have gone out of bounds on the play he got hurt and still picked up the first down (I think... i'll have to look at it again.)

It worked out this time, but next time that may cost us the game; it may cost us the season.

I certainly don't want him to not run, and I certainly don't want him to play scared.

Exactly. There have many many times this season when he goes down very awkwardly. It's almost sideways, like he's trying to slice through.

To damn risky Robert. Slide, or get out of bounds.

And, I agree CT, he won't miss playing next week.

Let him rest against Cleveland, and just direct snap to 46 all day!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Lanky,

I hear what you are saying. As the week progresses, I suspect that there might be a larger contingent of people who start saying the same thing. We all want the long term health of Robert to take precedent over a playoff spot in 2012...at least I do. This team just isn't complete enough to realistically make a Super Bowl run in 2012 regardless of what we do over the next three weeks.

However, how do you convince the majority of a fan base that has been suffering for the better part of 21 years that rest is the best thing for Robert, even if he's capable of playing at 70 - 80% against Cleveland in a crucial game in terms of qualifying for the playoffs?

Also, how do you convince a coaching staff that has seen it's team string together 4 in a row and is as hot as it's ever been since Shanahan arrived that rest is the best long term solution at this point for Robert?

I doubt Shanahan is thinking long term. We're talking about a guy that was 14-27 in Washington prior to this winning streak. He's as desperate as anybody to want to keep this thing going.

If Griffin can walk, he's playing Sunday. It's a win now at all costs mentality in this league and I don't suspect that will change much in terms of making a decision about Robert's status next Sunday.

Yeah... just 5 weeks ago the fan base was demanding 2/3 of the coaching staff be fired.

They have to win. The fan base doesn't have the patience for not winning.

Also the guy that went helmet to helmet on griffin, said this a few months ago:

Said Pollard just a month ago: ""If a quarterback is going to the sideline, and I have a chance, I swear to you I'm going to kill him."
[media]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bE-eH3Lmnwc/UMXpxYUU1YI/AAAAAAAAFuk/sgUcc7vYFsE/s1600/blog_pollard.jpg[/media]

Also the guy that went helmet to helmet on griffin, said this a few months ago:

[media]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bE-eH3Lmnwc/UMXpxYUU1YI/AAAAAAAAFuk/sgUcc7vYFsE/s1600/blog_pollard.jpg[/media]

Pollard's the guy that ended Brady's season a couple of years ago by going at his knees. He's the guy that ended Wes Welker's season a few years ago too, and sprained Gronkowski's ankle last year in the AFC Championship.

Pats fans hate him, they will swear up and down his is dirty.

RG3 needs to watch tape of Fran Tarkenton back in the day. Some of the younger members won't know much about the guy. It was almost impossible to get a solid hit on Tarkenton.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDmeTo-8aoI[/media]

Agreed. It's almost like he goes limp and just sort of lays down. However I think there's also the added factor of his sliding a split second too late, like he's trying to get every last inch out of his runs. Given the situation in the Ravens game, playoffs on the line and needing the score I can understand taking the risk of diving, but he does the "getting the last inch" thing way too often in routine situations for my comfort.

Given my initial impressions of doom and gloom I can honestly say I've never been happier to be wrong in my life. :oops:
TakyY.gif

Derek brother...you are still wrong about this. He got clipped by the defender from behind before he started to go down. He was a live runner, not a defenseless player.

doesn't matter... other QBs get that call, simply from the helmet to helmet contact... look at the picture above... its blatantly leading with the crown, helmet to helmet... period. That usually gets called on ANY player, let alone a QB who's on his way down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.