• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cut Banks Now or Wait?

Cut Banks now or wait?

• Right now, before he has a shower

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • End of season is soon enough, he might still be useful.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Cut him hell, he never should have been sat down!

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
I have been critical of Haslett as much as anyone. In his defense, losing Orakpo, Carriker, Meriweather, and Jackson hurt. Give him these guys healthy and see how the D would be.

Banks has no other choice but play the role of team player. This was a wake up call that there are others willing to take my job.

As BB said we should keep him as trade bait for some kind of pick.

I have been critical of Haslett as much as anyone. In his defense, losing Orakpo, Carriker, Meriweather, and Jackson hurt. Give him these guys healthy and see how the D would be.

Banks has no other choice but play the role of team player. This was a wake up call that there are others willing to take my job.

As BB said we should keep him as trade bait for some kind of pick.

I suppose I'm OK with this, but Allen better be pretty damned sure he can get a draft pick for him. And/Or Shanahan better be sure that he doesn't need the extra roster spot between now and then.

Goal, we may not get a pick but have to roll the dice. At same time, if it becomes critical and we need roster spot...Mr. Banks please see the coach and bring your playbook.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much where I am with him. If we can spare the roster spot, fine. Otherwise, c-ya!

I don't think we need the roster spot that bad. Otherwise, we wouldn't be signing such marginal players, when a spot opens up due to another injury. There just doesnt seem to be anyone out there available right now, that's that worthy

Why on earth would you guys think another team would trade any pick for Banks. I get it...mediocre Qbs still have some value and other positions as well but Banks? I see him being picked up on a waiver wire perhaps but he has no trade value.

Banks value is dependent on the March Owners meeting. If do away with kickoffs, then he is worthless. If keep kickoffs, then he will have some value to someone. May not be much more than a conditional pick.

He's useless.

But, he's the teachers pet squirrel.

Unless Vinny gets a job somewhere in the league, he has no trade value.

He's about as useful as Confederate dollars. Cut him now.

Nick

I kind of lean toward's BB's stance on this. With three regular season games left dumping Banks now might eliminate the possibility of getting at least something for him in a trade-hell, I'd take an extra sixth or seventh rounder if we could get it.

I know I'm likely falling into the "Sunk Cost Fallacy" here-there's an informative Wikipedia article on "sunk costs" if you're interested-but I'm thinking some team out there might think they can do things with him or are seriously desperate for a tiny speedster.

You guys haven't been watching the same Brandon Banks if you truly believe anyone is going to give us anything more than a ham sammich for him. He is dead weight, he will garner no compensation, we won't lose anything by dumping him now.

Cut him, dead weight is dead weight
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.