• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cut Banks Now or Wait?

Cut Banks now or wait?

• Right now, before he has a shower

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • End of season is soon enough, he might still be useful.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Cut him hell, he never should have been sat down!

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
So, Crawford has the look for the real deal. Cut Banks now to make room on the roster for someone else or wait till the off season?

I don't know... if there's someone worth putting on the roster cut him asap.

Otherwise keep him.

Keep. See if we can get a trade after the season. Bruce Allen has a knack for fleecing other teams for draft picks.

A squirrel for a groundhog sounds about right though.

Todd Heap was released in Arizona... ;)

Oh yeah...CUT HIM NOW!!!

Dont know why we've kept him this long... the guy is supposed to be a game changer and his longest punt return of the season is 27... not good enough, sorry.

Can we get another option of "shouldn't have been on the team in the first place?"
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The biggest problem with Banks...other than being a dummy...is his size. Forget breaking and arm tackle, he can't break a finger tackle.

I kinda like the idea of resigning Cundwhiff to kickoff. Cut banks, there's a roster spot right there. Hell we're paying Oh Billy for the year already aren't we?

I wonder if they've even given Rocca the audition for kick offs only? That kickoff at the end of the game scared me. I thought it went out of bounds again. But I wouldn't go so far as to bring in another kicker...

Banks, Hall and Haslett all need to be shipped out in a package deal for a ham sammich.

Here are Shanahans comments about demoting Banks today:

“I sat down with Brandon and I said it was going to be a tough decision. I was going to bring a defensive lineman up and I’m going to have somebody down. I wanted to give [cornerback Richard Crawford] a chance to return punts and I’m going to give [tight end] Niles Paul an opportunity. I said 'You be ready. I think these guys deserve an opportunity to show us what they can do, both on the kickoff return and punt return, but we may need you next week or the week after that. Keep on working. We are not sure when the next opportunity will come, but you have to help our football team win, even if you’re working the scout team. You can help us.’ Brandon was all in. He was very supportive and had two good days of practice. After I told him what direction we were going to go, I really liked the way he handled himself. A lot of guys pout and whine and feel sorry for themselves, but he went out there and did a good job on the scout team for us.”

Banks, Hall and Haslett all need to be shipped out in a package deal for a ham sammich.

I understand the Haslett hatred, but the truth is that without big time defensive performances the last 2 weeks, we don't win either of those games. Haslett deserves at least a little break from the beatings in light of 2nd half adjustments and absolutely critical defensive stands in my opinion.

I understand the Haslett hatred, but the truth is that without big time defensive performances the last 2 weeks, we don't win either of those games. Haslett deserves at least a little break from the beatings in light of 2nd half adjustments and absolutely critical defensive stands in my opinion.
You know what they say about blind squirrels right? They aren't doing it because of him, it's in spite of him.

I have no problem with ripping Haslett (or any other coach) when they are failing. But give them credit when they get it done too. You're a pretty tough critic. You were arguing Morris wasn't a real RB for a month longer than you should have. I'm not singing Haslett's praises - but the difference the past 2 games has mostly been the 2nd half defense. That is most likely not just 'effort' but scheme adjustments as well.

i agree with you that the games against Philly/New York/Baltimore he made good adjustments but that's 3 games out of 13 so far that we've come out and shut down the other team in the second half.

That being said, i'm with you that he deserves to keep going in this direction... that's 3 out of the last 4 games that he's done things the right way in the second half... and lets be honest, our CBs cant seem to get right. Not sure where to go from here yet, but if we keep seeing these types of adjustments in games for the rest of the year, you gotta wonder what's next.

I said end of season, may happen to need him on the strech run.

As far as the package deal i want to see Banks, Haz and Paul gone next year.

Can't release Banks..why, he'd go to another team..an upcoming opponent..and give away all of Danny Smith's secrets....bahahahahahahahaha

I have no problem with ripping Haslett (or any other coach) when they are failing. But give them credit when they get it done too. You're a pretty tough critic. You were arguing Morris wasn't a real RB for a month longer than you should have. I'm not singing Haslett's praises - but the difference the past 2 games has mostly been the 2nd half defense. That is most likely not just 'effort' but scheme adjustments as well.
Be fair, I never ripped Morris the way you're implying. And I was only on him for I think three weeks. I was simply saying everyone needed to calm down and do something more than he had at that point, or do it for an extended period of time before everyone anointed him the next diesel. And unlike most would have done, when I felt he had roved me wrong, I served myself a plate or twelve full of crow while I proudly wore an egg mask.

As far as Haslett goes, sometimes a guy digs himself too deep of a hole to ever deserve credit. Him and Hall fall into that category. I can't praise anyone who has done so much to hurt this team. As for the last two games, you're giving too much credit to Haslett. In the second half of both games, we improved our clock control. We held our opponents to less second half points, because our offense was playing longer. I chalk it up more to luck and accidents in the last two weeks than the Haslett effect. And he has a deep hole to climb out of before he starts getting praised. We are where we are in spite of him, not because of him. If it wasn't for the offense we have, we'd be getting blown out every week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.