• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Network Every Bit As Big Of A Joke As ESPN

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I was watching a segment they did this morning about the game this Sunday. They compared various different thing between us and the Ravens to discuss who holds the edge in each area.

What areas did the experts give the edge to the Ravens in?

- Coaching
- Defense
- Receivers
- Rushing
- Passing
- Special Teams

What areas did they give the edge to the Redskins in? None. Not one. Seriously, we are ranked 7th in total offense. The Ravens are ranked 19th. Yet they hold the edge in passing, rushing and receiving? Give me a ****ing break. We also rank FIRST in rushing, while they rank 23rd, but they hold the edge? Give me a ****ing break.

Apparently the experts were unaware that these aren't the same old Redskins playing the same old Ravens anymore.

To top it all off, I about choked on my breakfast from laughter when all 3 experts went on and on heaping praise on Haslett and DeAngelo Hall. You'd swear Haslett was a defensive mastermind and Hall was tearing up the league by the way their love fest for them was. Experts huh? What a joke.

That being said, I am actually kinda happy we're still being underestimated. I just hate the blatant lack of respect for what our guys are doing.

I REALLY don't understand all the love for Flacco. That's the one that kills me. Granted, I don't watch a lot of their games, but he seems like an above-average, servicable QB. Nothing spectacular about him, just better than solid. Makes some nice throws, and misses some as well.

But every year we hear about how this guy is the next big QB, and he is ready to make the jump and all that. I just don't see it on the field.

I REALLY don't understand all the love for Flacco. That's the one that kills me. Granted, I don't watch a lot of their games, but he seems like an above-average, servicable QB. Nothing spectacular about him, just better than solid. Makes some nice throws, and misses some as well.

But every year we hear about how this guy is the next big QB, and he is ready to make the jump and all that. I just don't see it on the field.

Yeah, it does seem like every year they say "This is Flacco's breakout year, I'm telling you!" Its hard to remember that he's already a 5-year vet! You'd think he was a 2nd-year QB the way they talk about him every year!

Seriously. To me, he's like an almost Vinny Testaverde. Good enough to be above average, but nowhere near good enough to be great, but he's no Vinny. Yet for some reason, every media outlet wants us to believe he's elite, and this is the year he silences all of his critics. Then like expected from anyone who's actually watched him play, he does nothing.

Not to mention, the guy is boring as all hell to watch.

this game will show if our offence is really that good or smoke and mirrors. I have a bad feeling that our Oline is going to get dominated.

Really, Ry? I mean, really? The Ratbirds have had as many injuries on D as we have. Our Oline pretty much handled the GMen (0 sacks, IIRC) who have a pretty good DLine.

And Juggy's right. Not like Charlie Batch is even... oh, I don't know, Joe Flacco or anything.

So at what point do you believe your eyes and begin to understand that this team COULD be better than the sum of its parts? Or is this some sort of reverse jinx thing? If that's it, I'm down with it, just wondering.

Seriously though, why the HELL do our numbers not matter??

We have the #1 rushing offense in the league. #1. Last time I checked, that meant NO ONE is better. And the last time I checked, there were exactly TWO QBs rated higher than RG3 -- Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. Yet the mediots continue to tout Andrew Luck and his near-equal TD to INT ratio as the ROY. Seriously?? Do these guys WATCH the games? Or do they just look at who was good in 2008, and roll with that?

Dog us. Go right the **** ahead and dog us. We're just fine wiping the ****-eating smirks off your faces. Just ask the Eagles, Boys and you're oh-so-great World Champion Giants.

this game will show if our offence is really that good or smoke and mirrors. I have a bad feeling that our Oline is going to get dominated.

So the Ravens d-line is better than that of the Giants? Really? Cause to me that one doesn't pass either the eyeball or the sniff test, brother.

Seriously though, why the HELL do our numbers not matter??

We have the #1 rushing offense in the league. #1. Last time I checked, that meant NO ONE is better. And the last time I checked, there were exactly TWO QBs rated higher than RG3 -- Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. Yet the mediots continue to tout Andrew Luck and his near-equal TD to INT ratio as the ROY. Seriously?? Do these guys WATCH the games? Or do they just look at who was good in 2008, and roll with that?

Dog us. Go right the **** ahead and dog us. We're just fine wiping the ****-eating smirks off your faces. Just ask the Eagles, Boys and you're oh-so-great World Champion Giants.

IN fairness, at least on the Sirius NFL radio channel, many of the hosts there are fully on board with what the Skins are doing now.

I heard Bill Polian on a show last night say all kinds of gushy things about not only RG3 but other players,m the coaching staff and the team in general.

Baby steps, but progress nonetheless.

When we're relevant for more than a few weeks at a time, we'll start getting the respect.

Until then we (as an organization) have earned the disrespect. I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

We just beat the SB winning team, and they had just beaten Green Bay in a humiliating fashion.

Media bias is the last thing to fall.

week to week league though, anyone who thinks we're better than GB because we beat NY by one point and NY stomped on GB the week before doesn't know what they're talking about.

it's not media bias. it's reality. we've been a joke of an organization for 20 years, and 3 weeks doesn't erase that (because up until 3 weeks ago we were still a joke of an organization with the whole 'shanahan gave up, seasons over' stuff)

Here is the thing. A win this week won't tell us or the media anything. It will be whether we win the following week in Cleveland and the week after that in Philly. Those are two games this team will likely be favored to win and that, on paper at least, we should win. If we take care of business, things start to get real for everyone. However, if we once again "play down" to the competition, well, all the media doubters will have been right won't they?

Here is the thing. A win this week won't tell us or the media anything. It will be whether we win the following week in Cleveland and the week after that in Philly. Those are two games this team will likely be favored to win and that, on paper at least, we should win. If we take care of business, things start to get real for everyone. However, if we once again "play down" to the competition, well, all the media doubters will have been right won't they?

agreed. and even if we do go 4-0 and finish 10-6, we'll be dumped all over next offseason with the preseason predictions leading into the year. and people will whine and complain again about how the media doesn't respect us, or something.

put back to back to back 10+ win seasons together, win the division a few times, win some playoff games. then we'll get respect. until then we're just another wannabe thinking we're better than we are.

we haven't earned the respect.

Until then we (as an organization) have earned the disrespect. I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

If you're the #1 rushing team in the league, you have the advantage in rushing. I understand that. Tell me what I'm missing.

If you're the #1 rushing team in the league, you have the advantage in rushing. I understand that. Tell me what I'm missing.

Oh I don't know, maybe they think the Ravens D will do a much better job containing Griffin? He's a large part of why we're # 1. He did just break the single season rookie QB rushing record...

Maybe they think Rice is a much better back - I don't agree with that, but I certainly understand why others might think that.

The Ravens are a quality organization. We're not. They are the better team. Does that mean they will win? Maybe, maybe not.

The redskins are an organization that's fanbase wanted at least half the coaching staff, if not the entire coaching staff, fired 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago people on THIS board were clamoring for at least some heads to roll. Same with other boards, the media, and the people on the radio (fans and hosts).

You really want to get mad that people are giving the ravens the edge? Really?

It's the same doom ans gloom from the same people every time.

You know that, Jason!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Who is doom and gloom about anything?

It's the same doom ans gloom from the same people every time.

You know that, Jason!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

im with you on that one... almost to the point that you can see it coming...

Joe Flacco reminds me so much of Jason Campbell it's not funny. I watch him a lot, every game this year...and he is a big body, with a tremendous arm, semi-athletic, with absolutely no pocket presence. The only difference between these 2 is that Jason Campbell was dealt a bad hand and got shell shocked. If Flacco had come into the same situation as Jason, I swear he'd have suffered the same fate.

Gotcha, t. The 23rd overall rush defense is going to do better than most against the #1 rush offense. Why? Something about organizations or whatever.

Joe Flacco reminds me so much of Jason Campbell it's not funny. I watch him a lot, every game this year...and he is a big body, with a tremendous arm, semi-athletic, with absolutely no pocket presence. The only difference between these 2 is that Jason Campbell was dealt a bad hand and got shell shocked. If Flacco had come into the same situation as Jason, I swear he'd have suffered the same fate.

That's an excellent call, Brian. I'd never considered it, but I think you're dead on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.