• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[USA Today] Dan Snyder - " I hate those mother...."

tshile

This time, on Monday night, the media was allowed into the locker room earlier than usual, early enough to catch Dan Snyder offering congratulations to anyone who would take them.

He shook the hand of one staffer, telling him as he walked away, "I hate those mother-------."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...-dan-snyder-giants-mother-expletives/1744731/

Look, Snyder has done some awful things as a public figure in the area. His history will never be forgotten, and if we (as a fan base) grow to like, or even appreciate, Dan Snyder as the owner I seriously doubt the picture of his personality will every really change; it'll just be ignored.

But I think little by little he's been chipping away at the hatred there is for him - some of it accidental (this), some of it intentional (think: official PR like stuff). Having a team worth cheering for being led by a kid named Griffin certainly helps.

I've never felt the bitter disdain for Snyder like some. I get it! The team's performance has sucked and blew as well for 20 yrs or so..... At the most extreme view Snyder is a Steinbrenner wannna be. A Jerry Jones without the rings, yada yada
Me? I thought the guy did what most of us would have done as hardcore fans that just bought the team!!!:eclipsee_Victoria: HE tried to buy a championship without an apparent understanding of salary cap football. Snyder inherited a defense even worse than this one. Ownership was tied up in the courts well past spring training, the draft, his coach was Norv Turner.:hammer: Let's not recreate history the team fell far and fast as soon as Gibbs retired. The Skins, 49ers, Bills and Raiders were all in cap hell in a new era of football salary caps.
Snyder shot his wad the first year. He gave Norv Turner everything he could have prayed for. Dude rolled craps!!!:joker: Been an uphill battle ever since.
More mistakes to be made after that but one can't say Snyder wasn't willing to go all in:psych: That Scott Peoli guy looked pretty damn smart when he was connected to the Patriots. Not so much since he took over at KC.:afro:

Don't forget his manipulation of ticket prices, installing of 'obstructed view' seats, installation of 'dream seats' that almost ruin the lower level seating, his allowing of players to call the shots and undermine the coaching staff, his fostering of a culture that was so poisonous it has taken shanahan 3 years and getting Griffin to change, and i'm sure i'm missing a few other things.

oh and his setting up deals with ticket brokers, the main reason our stadium lost home field advantage especially to big market teams.

On this one occasion even though I'm sure many of is wince at this being made public, I'm sure most of us can wholeheartedly agree with his sentiment. Any Giant fan or member of their organization can just stick it where the sun don't shine in their cap loophole if they think it's not "classy".

I hate those bleepers too. Hearing our owner say it raises my affection for him, it doesn't diminish it. The media stands outside his door waiting for a reason to trash him. Does he deserve it? Sometimes. But this isn't one of them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

oh and his setting up deals with ticket brokers, the main reason our stadium lost home field advantage especially to big market teams.
I have often wondered why we had so many enemy fans at "home" games.... When did he set up the deals with ticket brokers?

One of my biggest criticisms. As a season ticket holder nothing is more aggravating than having EVERY SINGLE game making me watch literally surrounded by visiting fans. Granted it's college but going to Buckeye games here is such an amazingly stark difference and in my mind the fan loyalty and passion is not any greater.

I have often wondered why we had so many enemy fans at "home" games.... When did he set up the deals with ticket brokers?

When fans stopped renewing their season tickets.

Our 'sell out streak' is a joke because sometime 8+ years ago chunks of seats started being sold to ticket brokers to be put on the secondary market. They count as being sold, but they're not sold... and when they are sold they're certainly not sold to redskins season ticket holders - they're sold to whoever wants to pay for the seats.

3/4 of the problem is that too many tickets are sold to ticket brokers. the other 1/4 is that our own fans just don't want to go to the game, and the ones that do don't want to pay more than 20$ for a ticket. those same fans try to blame the season ticket holders for 'selling to opposing team fans', but last time I checked STH'ers are the only ones buying tickets these days so... blame yourself.

There is even a bigger issue with it... they were selling prime seating to these brokers. Long time season ticket holders were being passed up for seat upgrades so that the team could sell blocks of seats between the 20's in the lower level to ticket brokers. That is ****ed up, and has added to the hatred from ex season ticket holders.

There is a place where season ticket holders discuss their ticket upgrades, renewals, etc every year when that time comes. There's yet to be 1 person that's reported upgrading from the upper level and getting in between the 20's (last I checked) - over the course of years. In fact, it appears I've received among the best upgrades reported... I went from the cheapest seats in the house to lower level sideline around the goal line/5 yard line. Not between the 20's, but a previously unheard of upgrade with the group I discuss things with.
Those people are sitting in the endzone, paying the same amount as the people on the sideline (all lower level is same price), and not getting upgraded because the ticket brokers are getting first dibs on the seats - given those dibs by our own organization...

The ticket/stadium stuff is long, involved, and tedious. I've been going myself for over 6 years and there's still a lot I learn about the behind the scenes stuff. It's enough to make you want to tell the organization to go **** itself, and many have. I've been close, and have canceled my tickets on one occasion only to get them reinstated a few weeks later when things were cleared up. It's a wonder they have any season ticket holders the way they've treated us.

(to be fair things have been slowly but steadily improving since Allen was brought in. things are MUCH better now than they were in 2009, but they were pretty bad...)

you think our sell out streak is a joke?

try living in san diego and not being able to watch your own team because youve been blacked out 3 weeks so far this season. thats a sad, sad joke.

If you only look at a sell out streak as the seat being paid for, by someone, then no it's not a joke.

If you look at it as a measure of how popular a team is with their local fans it's most certainly a joke. So is the 'season ticket waiting list' which used to be 15+ years long, which has since been renamed the 'marketing list' because no one on the list actually wants any tickets - they've all be offered them. You can have season tickets for next year today if you're willing to write the check. Just call the ticket office.

I guess I should have said taking pride in the current sellout 'streak' is a joke. You're taking pride in our owner selling the best seats to ticket brokers and him buying the rest back himself. There's nothing prideful about that.

It's actually a disgrace to what it was that got this team a sellout streak to begin with.

Absolute, utter disgrace.

Also, i'd love for them to black out the games. Maybe we'd get real fans back in the stadium.

It's hard to explain unless you go there 10 times a year over a few years...

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy myself, and I have a great time, even when they lose. But I can't lie that the current 'type(s)' of people that make up the majority of the people that attend the game suck. They really do suck.

The crowd on Monday night was the best it's been since the home game against the broncos under Jim Zorn. It was an intelligent crowd that STFU on offense and was really loud on defense. I've thought about making a thread about it, but haven't...

my point is this; i guarantee that Jaguar, Vikings, Charger fans would all accept that deal and be OK with it if it meant they got their team to be on TV when they actually played.

I agree with the taking pride thing..but out here in Charger land I cant help but see the other side as well.

oh yeah, those teams are in even an even worse situation. they didn't start with an incredibly loyal and passionate fan base.

being a redskins season ticket holder used to be something to take pride in. you tell people you own tickets now and they deduct points from your intelligence score in their head.

edit: I didn't mean to turn this into a tirade on dan Snyder. as I said in the original post, I think he's done a good job (both intentionally and unintentionally) rebuilding his reputation and image amongst the fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, i'd love for them to black out the games. Maybe we'd get real fans back in the stadium.

It's hard to explain unless you go there 10 times a year over a few years...

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy myself, and I have a great time, even when they lose. But I can't lie that the current 'type(s)' of people that make up the majority of the people that attend the game suck. They really do suck.

The crowd on Monday night was the best it's been since the home game against the broncos under Jim Zorn. It was an intelligent crowd that STFU on offense and was really loud on defense. I've thought about making a thread about it, but haven't...

Come on man, the Vikings game earlier this year was the most electric I had seen until last night and I have been to about 18 games in the last 3 years.

Come on man, the Vikings game earlier this year was the most electric I had seen until last night and I have been to about 18 games in the last 3 years.

I was talking about the game day experience. The quality of the people that attended the game. It says that in the next sentence after the one you put in bold.

Not the quality of the game. Not anything related to the game. That broncos game wasn't a good game, even though we won. We were 4-12 that season.

I was talking about the game day experience. The quality of the people that attended the game. It says that in the next sentence after the one you put in bold.

Not the quality of the game. Not anything related to the game. That broncos game wasn't a good game, even though we won. We were 4-12 that season.

I was talking about game day experience too tshile! By using the term electric, I really thought that would have been clear enough to suggest the entire experience on that game day was electric. The Vikings game was the most exciting game I had ever attended at FedEx Field until last night and perhaps the opening day victory against the Cowboys...Shanahan's first game with us. That includes the knowledgable fan base, quiet during the offensive series, and the 12th man.

I was talking about game day experience too tshile! By using the term electric, I really thought that would have been clear enough to suggest the entire experience on that game day was electric. The Vikings game was the most exciting game I had ever attended at FedEx Field until last night and perhaps the opening day victory against the Cowboys...Shanahan's first game with us. That includes the knowledgable fan base, quiet during the offensive series, and the 12th man.

Right, but there's more to it than that.

The vikings crowd was not knowledgable. They were chanting RG3 every play when griffin was on the field. Knowledgable fans don't do that.

Last night RG3 chants were - for the most part - quieted out when the offense was going to the line and in the huddle. At the end people got a little carried away and the team had to do the 'quiet down' signal while trying to hudle... but for most of the game it was pretty good.

almost everyone in my section was doing the 'quiet down' signal all game to help self police the crowd, and so were the sections around us. it worked. people were, in general, more knowledgable at that game.

when the offense was on the field you could hear a pin drop and when the d was on the field it was loud.

it hasn't been like that for a long time in that stadium.

we're talking about two totally different things.

excited fans do that. fans of the team do that. fans who love the fact that our QB plays well does that.

every time cooley catches the ball we chant "cooooooooooooooley" so why should RG III be different?

yelling cooooooooley after a catch is not the same thing as chanting R-G-3 while our offense is on the field in the huddle, or at the line trying to snap the ball.

the team had to tell everyone to STFU because they were being too loud at one point in the 4th.

people who have a clue about football understand the importance of not drowning out your own teams huddle and cadence at the line. thats majority of what home field advantage is - barring extreme weather places.

well, it sounds like you just dont like the fans there.

cant help you with that. im happy theyre excited and want to show RG III the same thing.

no, i just don't like the stupid fans. there's a difference. this actually started as me praising the fans from last night...

i prefer our stadium to be an advantage for our team, not a disadvantage.

my point was that the fans were really good last night. i wish the people that came monday came every game. if the team starts doing well, maybe the fans that actually understand the game will start coming back more frequently.

majority of the fans for the last 10 years or so (increasing every year) were there to get drunk first. especially on a prime time game. while there was certainly some partying and stuff last night, it just wasn't the same vibe...

again, hard to explain if you don't see the crowd on a week to week basis... you see how it changes, and (most of the time) why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.