• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Flabbergasted, but excited... Hail to the Slobberknockers!

I disagree. The giants missed a field goal, missed multiple deep passes to open wrs with no one between them and the end zone, and has critical penalties.

Our defense got two stops late when they needed to but otherwise played awful.

This was a game in which neither team was going to have a ton of possessions. Each team had eight in this game. In the second half the Giants had four: A field goal and three punts. In the fourth quarter the Giants only ran eight plays. That's exactly what you want your defense to do in a game like this.

The defense was awful in the first half, allowing the Giants to hold the ball too long, but in the second half they were very good. And if the defense is going to play one good half in a game like this, that's the one they should pick. :)

Absolutely agree. This defense isn't good, and they're not going to be at any point this year. The idea that keys to the game involve anything on defense is laughable - we're not going to cover well and we're not going to get pressure.

What we can hope for is that on those 1, 2, or 3 drives in the game that matter the most they play their best. That's what they did.

If either QB was on their game last night it would have been a blowout - by either team. It was one of those games, and our guys played better in key moments when it mattered. That includes the defense.

I agree...we got lucky on the two deep passes & the missed Tynes field goal. Reminded me a lot of the Alabama/LSU game last year; Alabama should have won easily, but missed like 5 field goals. I'm not complaining though! I'll happily take the win!

Not that I really disagree with either of you, but any time you win a game by one point you are going to be able to point to a handful of plays that would have changed the outcome of the game. Doesn't mean it's all luck.

We historically tend to lose games like this. A lot. Because we've been a bad team.

We won this one. Because I think we're starting to become a not bad team.

Yes.

You can see the 3 years worth of work. I know people have criticized it, and people aren't happy with how slow it's been, but you can start to see it... Young people stepping up, having a little bit of depth. We have an offensive line that might *gulp* have two pro bowlers on it this year.

If we could shore up the secondary over the offseason and somehow groom Hankerson to be that tall, 'big' WR every team needs or find one, we'd be a solid team next year.

Not that I really disagree with either of you, but any time you win a game by one point you are going to be able to point to a handful of plays that would have changed the outcome of the game. Doesn't mean it's all luck.

We historically tend to lose games like this. A lot. Because we've been a bad team.

Agree 100%! Just like the fumble that went in for a TD - I am convinced that even two years ago, McNabb fumbles that ball right to JPP who goes 80 the other way. Now the ball is bouncing in our favor! We just might be becoming not a bad team! :)

From the post game last night, the opening line by Scott Jackson when opening up after Al Galdi did his show.

"Yes, RG3 is that good. Even when he fumbles good things happen"

We all chuckled :)

If you're going to shoulder tackle this is how you do. Hopefully the rest of the D takes notes

[media]http://cjzero.com/gifs/FletcherHitsWilson.gif[/media]

fletcher is such a beast.

The Defense appears to be better than serviceable in the Redzone. I have no idea how they rate in RZ defense stat wise, but they pass the eyeball test. (Not just in the last 3 games.) From here on out though the defense is going to have to rely on creating turnovers to hide the issues on defense.
That being said our defense terrifies me all game long:rotflmao: They have the capacity to completely fall into a funk that will allow points scored in rapid fashion making no lead secure:chug3::insane::furious2::hanged:

I dug into Pro Football Reference's great search utility and found something interesting.

I queried for all games so far this season in which the Redskins have had more turnovers than their opponent.

The result is interesting.

y3wWcCMYLud2iydG8uKDeNMM8gN4_HnFmtCVhltQCc2XTvWh1g15kW650ftfQGXRnp6HPO62xjKYP_DB9y2Go1QmiLym9tFGeoWtQHEYBiVKdyMh5UhO

Yep, the only two such games have been the games against the Giants.

Go figure.

Outside of the last drive, my favorite part of the game was after we had scored the last TD and had to stop the Giants. Our D was pumped, we had them pinned deep, and we buried their asses. The roar and shaking that erupted at FedEx was something I will never forget. For my first game, I couldn't have picked a better game to go to. I loved everything about it.

I think saying the 'defense sucked' is pretty unfair. They struggled to run on us all night. Did they move the ball? Yes. But Manning and the Giants offense can score in bunches and we were playing to SB defending champs in a 'must win' game for both teams. Our D shut them down in the 2nd half. Sorry for the harangue, but Redskins fans have a hard time acknowledging a good performance when someone like Haslett engineers it. They did a great job when they had to.

I thought our D played pretty well, particularly in the second half. Bill Barnwell agrees with me:

Last year, Washington's clean sweep of the Giants was a curiosity lost amid New York's run to a second Super Bowl in five years. It was some sort of anomaly that Giants fans wrote off in their heads as irrelevant, a bad dream with Rex Grossman impossibly slicing through the same defense that brought the Packers and Patriots to their knees. This year, though, Washington's excellent work against their northern neighbors has produced a close loss and a hugely important narrow win.

That victory last night moves Washington into a playoff chase with surprisingly good opportunities available. As I covered yesterday, Washington's win last night gives them a likely tiebreaker advantage over the Giants in terms of in-division record, and if the Giants slip up once more over their difficult final four games, the Redskins would have a chance to control their own destiny with a win over the Cowboys in Week 17. Washington also holds tie-breaking victories over the Buccaneers, Cowboys, Saints, and Vikings, each of which could come in handy in terms of a possible wild-card berth.

Robert Griffin has rightly attracted plenty of attention for his brilliant play this year, but if you take a look at what's changed for Washington from their 3-6 start to their three-game winning streak, it's not the offense that's made a huge leap forward:

More at Link

So, except for keeping the Giants from scoring in crunch time, they 'sucked' huh? Give credit where its due guys. The offense couldn't win this one for us tonight. Minus those unlikely defensive stops we lose that game 99 out of 100 times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

I think it was a tale of two halves. I think we were terrible in the first half and pretty good in the second. Let's give the benefit of the doubt and say good adjustments.

Henry, I truly appreciate our collective inability to say directly something positive about the Redskins due to too many seasons of mediocrity -- i.e., "we're starting to become not a bad team."

Amazing -- and exactly how I feel. Can't quite put it into positive terms so leaving it as defining a non-negative. :)

oh, and Steve Wyche says this morning "good thing they didnt rule him down or else it wouldnt have been a touchdown" DUH! and "the Skins are overrated" ****ing hater

Wyche is a certifiable douche, but I think he was talking about the NFC East being overrated, not the 'Skins in particular.

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.