• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Flabbergasted, but excited... Hail to the Slobberknockers!

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The D stunk and couldn't tackle, left receivers wide open, we fumbled in scoring territory, we dropped passes, and even RGIII was good, but mortal.

Yet we won! The D somehow held the Giants to 16 points. Timely first downs and a Riggo Drill to kill the last 4 minutes of the game.

How sweet is the kneel down!

Flabbergasted, excited... and strangely not totally surprised. This was a classic football game, a trench game in which the running team beat the pretty boy passers. In the second half, Shanny or little Shanny said we're going to run it down your throat and your going to take it. You won't stop us.

The Giants had no answer.

My biggest confusion is does that mean that Haslett called a good game or not? Actually, he probably did in the second half. Not sure how we stayed in the game in the first though.

Woah!

Three straight victory formations against the NFC East. That is impressive.

Skins were simply not going to let the Giants pull one out of their rears again. Once we had the lead, the defense gave up nuthin and the offense ... Man Griffin staying in bounds and Morris getting that final first down ... Just awesome.

Coughlin said they don't see the Skins' type of offense, and spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.

LOL!

Well, it's pretty obvious they didn't spend a lot of time figuring it out because they sure didn't figure it out.

Giants are sore winners, sore losers, and sour cheaters.

3 weeks in a row the Oline has done better than hold their own, My hats off to them.

Nice to see the OLINE overachieve again. Take a win anytime, regardless how ugly it looks.

Defense was beast in the second half. Gotta give credit to Haz and the defense.

Heck of a game and we got a good bounce on a fumble

Heck of a game and we got a good bounce on a fumble

That was one of the things that's making me believe things are turning around. Too many times in years past that ball would've bounced the other way. It bounced our way this time. That, coupled with being able to run the clock out grinding out first downs at the end of the game, are things we haven't seen around here in a long while.

:)

I have no voice. Hopefully we came out loud over the tv. Was dead for a bit cause the team was sucking but got loud again in the 4th

The Redskins are doing something I've been waiting to see for a while.

Rather than trying to make a last ditch effort to avoid losing-we are closing games out.

Nice to see.

I think saying the 'defense sucked' is pretty unfair. They struggled to run on us all night. Did they move the ball? Yes. But Manning and the Giants offense can score in bunches and we were playing to SB defending champs in a 'must win' game for both teams. Our D shut them down in the 2nd half. Sorry for the harangue, but Redskins fans have a hard time acknowledging a good performance when someone like Haslett engineers it. They did a great job when they had to.

I think saying the 'defense sucked' is pretty unfair. They struggled to run on us all night. Did they move the ball? Yes. But Manning and the Giants offense can score in bunches and we were playing to SB defending champs in a 'must win' game for both teams. Our D shut them down in the 2nd half. Sorry for the harangue, but Redskins fans have a hard time acknowledging a good performance when someone like Haslett engineers it. They did a great job when they had to.
I disagree. The giants missed a field goal, missed multiple deep passes to open wrs with no one between them and the end zone, and has critical penalties.

Our defense got two stops late when they needed to but otherwise played awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think saying the 'defense sucked' is pretty unfair. They struggled to run on us all night.

Not in the first half they didn't. In the first half, the D was missing tackles, had bad lane security, and we were getting gashed pretty badly. They settled it down, but the number of WIDE open receivers and solid runs in the first half were ridiculous. Plus, the Giants seemed to break at least one tackle per play.

Remember, every drive was going double digits. Somehow, we wrighted the ship in the second half esp. in the run game, but one of the reasons they stuck with the run in the second was because it was doing so well in the first.

I'm so proud of Kyle Shanahan - he finally got the message! Pound the rock! Healthy dose of number 46 all night, and we end up in victory formation in a crucial game. Let's just hope he learned his lesson, and employs this strategy more in the future!

Great win for us regardless. The D got pressure in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. Giants didn't play well but I'm not about to pat them on the back for handing us the game. Watching Tuck embrace Griffin at the end of the game is telling. That's not Brunell, Campbell,Grossman, Beck, McNabb standing back there anymore. HAIL.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.