• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Appreciative

Snydershrugged

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
I felt compelled to post a thread today.

Some recent strange and unexplained things have occurred at another unnamed site that confirms my angst of no longer belonging there and certainly of feeling unwelcome at least.

Once upon a time, I spent a decade at an awesome Redskins site where I always felt a part of a family.

There was a nice mix of beliefs in the political area, and there was an even nicer environment of friendly debate on just about any topic. That place was also my go to for just about anything.

Then something changed.

I cant pinpoint it, but it was a definite and fundamental change in how some folks were treated.
The theme seemed to be that unless you held one very specific and popular political belief (or at least always acted as a second class citizen if you didn’t have those beliefs) then you are no longer welcome in the family .

A month or so ago, I discovered this site and it was like seeing a new dawn on the horizon.

Dare I even hope that a new “home” Might be found?

Admittedly, I tested the waters some by posting a somewhat controversial opinion that I know would have been attacked ad nauseum at the other place.

There, I would have had little chance to defend my perspective without fear of being banned or chastised.

I was so very pleased to see that things were different here!

I learned that even having a controversial or unpopular opinion can still mean a feeling of belonging. I learned that even when a disagreement arises with a popular poster or even a moderator, you are still respected and treated as a valued member of the board.

Once upon a time, I felt that positive energy in a different place. I now see that energy here and I am excited and doubly happy for the great personalities, intelligence, Kindness and respect that I yearn for again.

Thank you BGO for being a safe haven for me and showing me that I have value as a poster and that I can be welcome even if 100% of the board disagrees with an opinion of mine.

I feel like I’m belonging again and its nice.

:sweetheart:

I know exactly where you're coming from, SS.

I'll PM you at some point with the details of my departure from the other place; if you're not already aware. I can say with certainty that it was one of the most classless and back-stabbing events I've ever experienced. And I'm reasonably certain that I won't be able to attend tailgates with that crew again, unfortunately. There are two people over there, that if I EVER see them again, there are SURE to be ambulances called.

Enough of that.

What the owners and staff have done here is special. They've created a place where differing opinions can be shared in a spirit of camaraderie and friendship. It's a place where we can laugh and joke and make fun, but it's good-natured. There's no real animosity here, even when the debates turn heated.

I would further observe that this atmosphere has been created with minimal moderation. The staff took the chance that less would be more, and trusted us to self-police. Not surprisingly, it worked. There is no "ban hammer." There are no egotistical jerkwads whose only jollies in life come from playing King of the World on a message board.

BGOwnership has given us the opportunity to have what so many of us longed for at the other place; a sense of community, a sense of belonging, and an incredible forum for fans of all walks to come together. I swear, the game chats around here make me feel like I'm watching the game in my living room with some of my best friends. And honestly...I am.

I wish it wouldn't have taken me so long to realize all of this, and make BGO my online home. I gave my "ex-girlfriend" way too many chances, before settling for this super model with a great personality. :laugh:

Long story short, I think you ****ers are awesome. And there's not a damned thing you can do about that. :)

I know a little about what happenned to you man and it was horrible.

like you said though...enough of that!

This will be my home now, a home I like and appreciate more and more every day.

Thank you for making me feel valued here BGO'ers (is that the right term? LOL)

Boone will be along shortly to tell us all that it's NONE of their doing, just the awesome membership they have here.

Whatever.

The owners have set up a truly extraordinary site here, one that I am priveledged to be a part of. :notworthy:

I'm so thrilled with this place that I think I will sign up for premium (something I never have done on any site ever).

MikeSr619 said:
They dont force any rules on you but you just know that this site is such a good one that you dont want to disrespect it.

This.

150%. This.

Boone will be along shortly to tell us all that it's NONE of their doing, just the awesome membership they have here.

Whatever.

The owners have set up a truly extraordinary site here, one that I am priveledged to be a part of. :notworthy:

And Boone will be right when he does it too. All we did was provide the sandbox, you are guys are the ones that make it special.

It would be a damn boring place if it was only Om, Boone and I kicking around in here...;)

And Boone will be right when he does it too. All we did was provide the sandbox, you are guys are the ones that make it special.

It would be a damn boring place if it was only Om, Boone and I kicking around in here...;)

A simple "you're welcome" is all we want to hear, from ANY of you!! :laugh:

We cling to the belief that the web is big enough to support one football community site where civility carries the day. It's the driving principle here, and one we will remain adamant about.

We know that formula isn't for everybody. But it is for anybody who doesn't find the concept alien or who cannot abide it.

So there. :)

Make that "who CAN abide it."

Ahem.

Just as long as we can all agree Lincoln was the greatest president in American history we'll all get along fine. :D

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Just as long as we can all agree Lincoln was the greatest president in American history we'll all get along fine. :D

shatner voice.....

Must.....stop......myself.....from.....responding....

He's pretty good in the Walking Dead. Not sure about GOAT, though.

Wrong forum chump, shut this thread down :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.