• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner’s Burning Questions – Week Twelve

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://bgobsession.com/blog.php?b=472

Playoffs? You’re talking playoffs? Yes, we are talking about the playoffs – albeit with some hesitation mixed in with a healthy measure of hope. Barriers are still in the way, but can those roadblocks be taken down or will the team stall along the way? Let’s get right to it.

Q1: Can it be real? Do the Redskins have a realistic chance of making the playoffs?
A: Last year, BBQ stressed the importance of having a franchise quarterback at the helm and now we are seeing the benefits of having Robert Griffin, III at that position. BBQ believes that the efforts will probably fall just shy of making the playoffs, but being in the conversation is fun. What do you think? Do we have a shot at the playoffs?

Q2: Last week, BBQ suggested that the Redskins should take a look at Chilo Richal during the upcoming offseason. That idea is withdrawn as his personal issues continue to mount. However, right tackle is still a position of need and Jammal Brown is now lost for the season. Is it time to move on from him and look toward the draft?
A: By releasing Jammal Brown in the offseason, the Redskins will save a chunk of change (as highlighted in the previous BBQ) on the cap. Is Tom Compton the long term answer? Do we look to the draft? Is there anyone in free agency that appeals to you?

Q3: The Dallas game still looms large. The rare win on Thanksgiving was fantastic. What was your favorite moment? Was it Jerry Jones crying about facing RG3 for years to come? Was it the explosive second quarter? Any individual plays that stick out?
A: BBQ has too many to list, but feel free to share your favorite moments.

Q4: Did anyone think Alfred Morris would be one of the best rookies in the NFL this season? What an amazing story. Does he make the Pro Bowl? What records will he break?
A: Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Morris will break the Redskins rookie rushing record. BBQ believes he will earn a spot in the Pro Bowl and you should have him on your fantasy team – if possible. What do you think will be his finally tally in yards for 2012?

Q5: What are your predictions for the Monday night game?
A: BBQ is going with the Redskins, 34-24. RG3 passes for 250+ yards, a TD pass, and runs for 86 with one TD. Alfred Morris rushes for 92 yards and two TDs. Kai Forbath connects on two FGs in two tries, 28 and 41 yards.

See you again next week.
Hail To The Redskins!

1. I think we do have a shot at the playoffs. Right now we are two games behind the giants for the division, and one game out of the wildcard. Monday night is a must win, then we have a legit shot at the division title, but I think we can only lose more game the rest of the season.

2. I think so, you cannot waste cap space or a roster spot any more.

3. The best part was getting the win, and kneeling down on the pukes goal line to end the game. I wish we would have continued the blow out we had started, but a win is a win!

4. I think he does make the pro bowl. Also I see whim finishing the regular season strong and ending up with around 1500 yards!

5. Redskins win big, 38-17! RG3 passes for 320 yards, 55 rushing yards with 3 passing touchdowns and one rushing. Morris has a receiving and a rushing TD and rushes for 135 yards! Forbath hits a 33 yard FG, late in the second quarter. The defense will step up big this week, they have to if we want this win!

1. We will come close, but lose out in the end. The good thing is players feel we are building something special and the excitement for next season is huge.

2. I don't know much about Compton. Would like to think he is the answer. We need to look at FA and draft to improve the OL and its depth.

3. Just beating Dallas on Thanksgiving and all the trimmings that came with it. Love asking Cowboy fans if they enjoyed Thanksgiving as much as I did. Only thing worries me is will JJ show Garrett the door.

4. Morris deserves to be in Pro Bowl. He won't make it. Problem is Morris isn't a household name and/or a strong self promoter. This is much a popularity contest versus a reward based on merit.

5. Won't pick. I am superstitious. Everytime I pick a game I jinx the team.

http://bgobsession.com/blog.php?b=472

Playoffs? You’re talking playoffs? Yes, we are talking about the playoffs – albeit with some hesitation mixed in with a healthy measure of hope. Barriers are still in the way, but can those roadblocks be taken down or will the team stall along the way? Let’s get right to it.

Q1: Can it be real? Do the Redskins have a realistic chance of making the playoffs?
A: Last year, BBQ stressed the importance of having a franchise quarterback at the helm and now we are seeing the benefits of having Robert Griffin, III at that position. BBQ believes that the efforts will probably fall just shy of making the playoffs, but being in the conversation is fun. What do you think? Do we have a shot at the playoffs?

Q2: Last week, BBQ suggested that the Redskins should take a look at Chilo Richal during the upcoming offseason. That idea is withdrawn as his personal issues continue to mount. However, right tackle is still a position of need and Jammal Brown is now lost for the season. Is it time to move on from him and look toward the draft?
A: By releasing Jammal Brown in the offseason, the Redskins will save a chunk of change (as highlighted in the previous BBQ) on the cap. Is Tom Compton the long term answer? Do we look to the draft? Is there anyone in free agency that appeals to you?

Q3: The Dallas game still looms large. The rare win on Thanksgiving was fantastic. What was your favorite moment? Was it Jerry Jones crying about facing RG3 for years to come? Was it the explosive second quarter? Any individual plays that stick out?
A: BBQ has too many to list, but feel free to share your favorite moments.

Q4: Did anyone think Alfred Morris would be one of the best rookies in the NFL this season? What an amazing story. Does he make the Pro Bowl? What records will he break?
A: Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Morris will break the Redskins rookie rushing record. BBQ believes he will earn a spot in the Pro Bowl and you should have him on your fantasy team – if possible. What do you think will be his finally tally in yards for 2012?

Q5: What are your predictions for the Monday night game?
A: BBQ is going with the Redskins, 34-24. RG3 passes for 250+ yards, a TD pass, and runs for 86 with one TD. Alfred Morris rushes for 92 yards and two TDs. Kai Forbath connects on two FGs in two tries, 28 and 41 yards.

See you again next week.
Hail To The Redskins!

1-No, the defence has too many holes, the offence has issues on the Oline and with dropping passes, playing well against teams with a poor passrush and being inconsistent will be our downfall. the Pukes were the only decent defence that we did pretty well against and even against them, the defence blew a huge lead.

2-I remain hopeful that we go hard after Long or the kid in Denver (Clady) because it would mean a massive upgrade at two spots for the cost of one player,Long is my choice if Miami makes him available, you get a franchise LT which would be an upgrade over the solid one we have, but then you get a MASSIVE UPGRADE because TW will possibly be a franchise RT instead of being a solid LT, he replaces a below average Journeyman RT that we have right now, you basically get an instant Oline as we are solid at center but weak at Guard, then if you find a solid young guard in the draft you grab him and are good to go. if you go after a RT, smith from the Bengals although huge, is a great fit here as he is mobile and if his heads on right, could be a huge upgrade for cheap.

3-beating Dallas on thanksgiving. period.

4-I thought he would be solid in a rotation with Helu, I even thought given shannys ability to find RB's that he would be very solid, but I doubt anyone thought he would be this good this fast with so little help from the Oline. I think he busts 1200 yards.

5-I think we lose the monday nighter, the Giants will be able to pass on our D and we will have trouble with their dline. I'll say 35-21 as Rg3 will play well and morris will struggle but have a few wtf plays where he gets yards when he shouldnt lol

1. Yes we do have a shot at making the playoffs. Not sure if we're built to do anything once there though(yet).This game against the gnats is a MUST win for it to happen.

2. Yes it is past time to move on from Jammal Brown. Don't hate the guy or anything but he just cannot stay healthy. Need to look at any/all ways to upgrade the spot and o-line as a whole. My preference would be using a 2nd or at the latest 3rd rd pick on RT and be done with it.

3. Winning was my favorite part, but that explosive 2nd quarter at a very close second place. We're gonna be downright nasty once our wr's, Griff and the o-line are all on the same page. Sweet baby jeebus it's gonna be fun to watch our guys hanging 30+ maybe 40+ consistently every week.

4. No doubt Alfred will deserve the nod by seasons end but doubt he gets it. Not "popular" enough for the masses.

5. Skins beat that ass 44-17
Griff goes 27-34, 311 yds, 3 td's (Tana, Morgan, Paul)
Kai connects for 3 (28,42,48)
D-Hall runs a pick back for a td
Alfred goes 24 rushes 137 yds and a td
We're comfortably ahead at halftime 28-10 but a crazed fan breaks in the lockeroom at halftime and reminds errrbody about Mara and all his douchery. That fires everyone up and Shan starts onside kicking it the whole second half.

1. Yes, we have a realistic chance as long as we have RG3 and don't play like pooh on Defense. Personally, I think we will fall just short. I hope I'm wrong.

2. It's time to part company with Brown. I don't think he'll ever be healthy enough or worth the money. I don't think Compton is the answer either. If he can't even make the 53-man roster, I have no faith he could step in and be effective. I would look hard at a FA this offseason, otherwise grab a RT in the 2nd or 3rd round.

3. Just happy we won but as for plays, the TD pass to Niles Paul on 3rd and short and DeAngelo Hall with the onside recovery. I totally understand why he slid but putting up 45 on the Pukes would have been sweet.

4. I'm pretty sure I panned the pick when we drafted Morris. I'd never even heard of him. Definitely never expected this. I thought Helu would be the guy, followed by Royster. He has a good shot at the Pro Bowl although I don't think he'll make it. Not enough flash for fan voting and players probably won't vote for a rookie unless they see him on Sportscenter every week. If he stays healthy, he could have a shot at 1500 yards.

5. Prediction for Monday Night? PAIN. If the fans can make a difference, noise-wise, and the D can take the ball away a time of three, we have a good shot. Skins win 27-24.

Anyone know if John Jenkins is leaving UGA next year? He's a beast, and potentially could be a NT at the pro level!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Jenkins is a senior, so he will be in the draft. The projection for him is somewhere in the middle of the first round. He will not be playing for the Redskins anytime soon.

Pretty good article from Hogshaven about some DB prospects that should be available for the Redskins in April. With no 1st round pick, the Skins will have to hit a home run and find another diamond in the rough.

Hogshaven: 2013 Under the Radar Defensive Backs prospects

Terry Hawthorne: CB Illinois 6'0" 190 - Hawthorne is a 4.5 guy with a smooth pack-pedal, and excellent recovery speed. He is best when playing in bump-and-run coverage. Projection: mid 3rd - 5th

D.J. Swearinger: SS/FS South Carolina 5'11" 210 - Swearingeris a guy who could play both strong and free safety in the NFL. His stock is rising a bit, so it may not be a total surprise if he goes late in the third. Projection: 4th - 6th

Johnny Adams: CB Mich St 5'11" 180 - The senior had an up and down season in 2012. He allowed some big plays(some of which were his fault, and others that were a result of bad timing). He is a talented prospect, that because of some poor play in 2012, should be drafted after the third round. Projection: 4th - 6th

Nigel Malone: CB Kansas St 5'10" 176 - Malone is a pure blazer. He has been clocked in the low 4.3's. Scouts say his size may limit him to the slot in the NFL, but I see a guy who excels in a cover 2, with better than average man skills. He can also factor in to the return game. Projection: 4th - 6th

Micha Hyde: CB/S Iowa 6'1" 192 - Hyde was named the BIG defensive back of the year, and received first-team All-Conference recognition. He can play CB or FS, and is known for his physical play. He has decent speed clocking in the low 4.5's. Projection: 4th - 6th

Phillip Thomas: SS Fresno St 6'1" 215 - Thomas, who is a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, was recently named first team All-Conference. He is among the leaders in college football with seven interceptions. He lacks great speed, but his instincts and hitting ability will get him drafted. Projection: 4th - 6th

Sheldon Price: CB UCLA 6'1" 180 - Another CB who had an up and down season, Price is know amongst NFL circles to be a finesse guy, despite his 6'1" frame. He has great long speed(mid 4.4), and in the right situation, could be a steal. Projection: 5th - 7th

Brandon Smith: CB Georgia 5'11" 176 - Speed is the name of the game for Smith. He is one of the fastest players in college football, clocking in the low 4.3's. He is also a kick/punt returner. Off-field concerns may drop him a bit in the draft. Projection: 5th - 7th

Nice Find, I have price and hyde on my radar, both would be projects but Id look seriously at hyde as a FS and price needs coaching but in the right scheme could be a steal. we will have to be creative and take risks as we dont have a lot of picks and have a lot of holes.

Nice Find, I have price and hyde on my radar, both would be projects but Id look seriously at hyde as a FS and price needs coaching but in the right scheme could be a steal. we will have to be creative and take risks as we dont have a lot of picks and have a lot of holes.

The fact that Price is known as a "finesse" guy kind of scares me - we need physical DBs to handle the receivers in the NFC East. Nicks, Cruz, Jackson, Avant, Austin, Bryant - none of these guys are particularly tough outside of maybe Nicks; get a big, physical CB in their face, jamming them every time they try to run a route, and I bet they get shut down quickly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.