• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

jason babin released by philly !

I think he was owed too much money. So much that quite a few people thought he'd make it through waivers because no one wanted to pick up the contract. As it turned out only 3 teams put in a claim for him, and they're 3 of the bottom 7 defenses in the league, so the worst of the worst were willing to take a shot and no one else.n

Makes it seem like trading him would have been near impossible. But who knows, we convinced someone to give us some picks for McNabb after a contract extension and Jason Campbell.

Cap hit for this season was only $1.64M (pro-rated portion), so he wouldn't have broken the bank. Presumably a team could pick him up and restructure his contract to soften the cap hit of future years.

Right, but his contract was through 2015
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...uars-reportedly-claim-jason-babin-off-waivers

According to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, Babin's contract will pay him "$4.325 million in 2013, $6.175 million in 2014, and $6.15 million in 2015."

(I fixed a typo in the quote, they had 2014 listed twice)

I think that was the problem. But I'm not familiar with him, his contract, or anything else. I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio.

I think he would have been signed immediately, and received many offers from many teams, if he cleared waivers. I think only 3 teams putting in a bid on someone most people consider talented points towards the contract as being the reason...

Well, I guess it depends on if you think he'll get 12-18 sacks for you or not. If you think he is done, that's an unreasonable contract. But if you think he'll hit 18 sacks again in the right scheme, that seems like a bargain!

Agreed. But when you're talking about trading (which is what we were originally talking about) I can definitely see why the eagles didn't even bother trying. If he was that good of a deal he'd have more than 3 waiver claims for him, since thats without giving up anything other than money.

But who knows. We'll see how he works out with the jags. I imagine it wont matter, that franchise seems to be among the worst :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.