• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 11/26: M. Shanahan

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
November 26, 2012
Redskins Park

Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan

On if he will put linebacker Keenan Robinson on the Reserve/Injured list:
“Yes. He’ll have the surgery sometime this week.”

On if the tear in Robinson’s pectoral muscle is a full or partial tear:
“It’s tore.”

On the recovery period for Robinson’s injury:
“Usually, it’s in that five month time frame – somewhere in that area.”

On Robinson’s progress up to this point:
“I think Keenan was doing a great job. He’s very athletic. He’s got size. He’s got ability, speed, very smart. I thought he was picking things up very quickly. I liked his attitude, his work ethic – everything you look for in a guy I believe he has.”

On linebacker Roddrick Muckelroy:
“I can tell you we liked him in the draft and we’re glad he was out there. When you lose a player and you get a guy like him to come in and fit into your system, you feel pretty fortunate because we liked him, as I mentioned, out of college.”

On if laid back young players have to learn to be passionate from veterans:
“If you’re laid back too much, usually you’re not in this league too long, so you better … If you have that laid back personality, you have to still make plays on the field. Everybody’s got a different type of personality. [Pittsburgh safety] Troy Polamalu is probably the easiest going guy I’ve ever seen off the field. On the field, he is a playmaker. Anyway, you have to be yourself. Everybody is a little bit different in the way they handle themselves.”

On how safety DeJon Gomes played:
“I thought he did some good things. I think he has some things to work on, but he will make plays and then he’ll miss some plays. You’re always hoping for that guy to get better and make some strides. I think he’s doing that.”

On tackle Trent Williams playing through an injury:
“Anytime you have a deep thigh bruise…It was quite sore. You could tell by the way he was moving that he was sore. I was really pleased that he got out and played through it. Anytime you play through a thigh bruise, you’re not going to be as effective as you’d like to be. I appreciate him fighting through it and staying out there and finding a way to help us win.”

On linebacker London Fletcher’s ankle:
“I know it’s sore. For him not to be out there the last couple series means that it’s quite sore. I was really pleased with the way he played and for how long he played. When he was in that boot earlier in the week, you could tell that he couldn’t put any weight on it for a couple days. To come out the day before and kind of fight through it and play at the level he played is really pretty remarkable.”
On if Fletcher experienced any setbacks with his ankle:
“I wouldn’t be concerned about London because he always seems to be there. I used to worry about it just like you, but I don’t worry about it anymore. He always seems to be ready to go.”

On Pierre Garçon:
“There were no setbacks. He practiced today and looked good.”

On Garçon realizing what he can and can’t do in practice:
“The main thing is he is feeling good about where he is at and what he has to do. We are not going to overwork him but we are going to give him enough reps where he can be effective just like he was Thursday. Hopefully [he] keeps on playing at that level. I am really pleased at his performance, some of the plays he made and how hard he worked.”

On if he was surprised Garçon was as productive as he was last week against the Cowboys:
“As I told you, I wasn’t sure if he was going to play. You are always hoping there was no setback once he gets on the turf. But, I’m not surprised by how well he played because in full speed, you can see that one catch - people just don’t make that very often. And for him to keep his feet and outrun some fast guys was quite impressive.

On if he pays attention to any playoff races:
“You have to take care of your business. You have to worry about one game because that is the only thing that matters. Our football team is well aware of where we stand.”

On if this was what he envisioned out of his wide receiver corps Weeks 1-3:
“What you are hoping, as I have said before, you’re always hoping that your football team starts playing their best football in the second half of the season and you want guys to step up. That’s what our receivers did, they stepped up. Every receiver played well, both in the running game and in the passing game. That is what you have to do especially with guys who haven’t been on your football team. Santana [Moss] is really the only guy that was on our team a year ago, so you want these guys to step up and play at a very high level. I thought that is what they did.

On if tackle Jammal Brown will go on the Reserve/Injured list:
“I haven’t talked to Jammal yet, so what I would like to do is talk to him before I announce anything publicly. But, I have a feeling the direction we are going. But I will share that with you tomorrow if that is OK.”

On Williams being able to persevere through the pain of his thigh bruise:
“I knew he was quite sore. You can see it on the sideline. You could see just from the way he was trotting out to the field that it was really bothering him, but he wasn’t going to come out. He was going to stay out there and be a captain and fight through it. He was hurting. There’s no question about it. We need him to play at that level and even though, probably, he’ll say it wasn’t his best game, we needed him out there.”

On if he welcomes the long break between a Thursday and Monday night game:
“You kind of asked me that a week ago and I said one of the reasons why I enjoyed playing on Thanksgiving is it does give you a chance to heal up a little bit more. You’re just hoping that at the end of your Sunday night game that you’re not banged up, where everybody gets a chance to play. Even though some guys were hurting, I think everybody got a chance to play for the most part and playing at a pretty high level.”

On if he has any concerns about Williams being able to play on Monday:
“I have no idea. I have no idea. [We’ll] take that day by day.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.