• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Will RG3 re-ignite the rivalry???

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
For young cowboy fans the Redskins are barely an afterthought. Even for older fans, the boys, skins games have little meaning. There is really no animosity towards the skins from fans down here. I hope the resurgence of the skins, lead by Griffin rekindles the flames.

With a flamethrower~! Their stadium filling with RG3 chants was enough to piss off the dead.

No doubt he fires it back up, if nothing else, he just pissed off the entire Cowboy franchise as well as fanbase with the game thursday. He also has it in him to beat them at any time... and they know it.

Hopefully we can go on a nice winning streak against not only them but the others in the east

yes, and all it takes was watching Aikman go from slightly biased to Cowpie homer as he sees what you just said, a guy who has the ability to make this rivalry into more than just a historical footnote, thats why if anything Shanny will be under more pressure to surround Rg3 with more talent.

I know he has based on the comments at work today.

when we were 3-6 people were sayin ...tha east belongs to SKINS for years to come !

I think the "rivalry" between sports teams in general has become somewhat diluted over the years. I believe that it's a result of the media "going to the well" way more often then required in an attempt to squeeze every possible ounce of significance for every game played on the national spotlight. Free agency hasn't helped as well with trades between division, league,and conference etc.rivals . I believe us diehards will maintain a certain disdain for specific teams. So rivalry isn't dead....

Rivalries Require Both Teams to Win now and Then

I think the "rivalry" between sports teams in general has become somewhat diluted over the years. I believe that it's a result of the media "going to the well" way more often then required in an attempt to squeeze every possible ounce of significance for every game played on the national spotlight. Free agency hasn't helped as well with trades between division, league,and conference etc.rivals . I believe us diehards will maintain a certain disdain for specific teams. So rivalry isn't dead....

It used to be that both teams would win the match up. Recently, the Cowboys have dominated the Redskins even though the Boys have stunk up the place. When one team dominates it quits seeing the other team as a rival and no longer respects them. The team that is always getting beat thinks there is still a rivalry when it is really one sided. Now that the Redskins have embarrassed the Cowboys on their own field and with RG3 chants, the rivalry has returned for now. The Cowboys have to respect the Redskins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.