• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Smart move or good sportsmanship?

So please, STFU, and enjoy the win.
Bitching about MeAngelo doesn't mean someone isn't enjoying the win. I will hate on him and Haslett until they're both gone, even if we're undefeated. That is, unless they suddenly both develop talent for their position.

The game was over regardless of what was done. Victory formation rarely fails, and by rare I would speculate about once every 10,000 victory formations. When victory formation does fail, it's always with a Schiano-like tactic ordered, which has not become the norm. Not only that, but the Cowboys would have to return it, not just fall on it.

Had Hall scored, the Cowboys would have no way to run 4 plays in 12 seconds. The total time for a Hail Mary pass would be 6 seconds.

The tiebreaker for me is limiting exposure to injury, because even the PAT after was a risk, as evidenced by Gronkowski's broken forearm. Onside kicks aren't safe plays at all, with the kicking team running full speed and bodies flying.

When Hall nabbed that onside i jumped out of my seat and yelled RUN THAT STUFF IN, but didn't say stuff though. All our dinner guests just looked at me like WTH, lol.

Was happy either way and after pondering it seems like it was a good move to kneel.

Sure, I would LOVED to have rung up 45 on the Pukes but Hall's slide allowed the game to end with the ball in Griffin's hands. That was just poetic justice.

bull****, it was the cowboys and if you can score, you score, period, this is pro football not pop warner. Eff the cowpies. do you honestly think they would take it easy on us? lame play, not smart, you score the sealing Td and you enjoy it.

When Hall nabbed that onside i jumped out of my seat and yelled RUN THAT STUFF IN, but didn't say stuff though. All our dinner guests just looked at me like WTH, lol.

Was happy either way and after pondering it seems like it was a good move to kneel.

nice ..i did tha same **** ....i was go go go go ...oh:chinese:

it is kinda awesome to see your team inside the other teams 5 yard line taking victory formation snaps.... almost to say "we could have scored but didnt NEED to"

It's almost like it was an in your face move.

Did we ever get an "official" explanation on this? And FWIW, I questioned the play when he made it. But we won, and the Captain got to kneel in Jerry's house and his home state. It did seem to me as though that was the way the game "should" have ended; regardless of how we got to that point.

bull****, it was the cowboys and if you can score, you score, period, this is pro football not pop warner. Eff the cowpies. do you honestly think they would take it easy on us? lame play, not smart, you score the sealing Td and you enjoy it.
Usually, a dumb play in football results in actual harm against the team, like a Rex Grossman interception or Leon Lett touching the ball on the FG block. The play was not emotionally pleasing as scoring, but not smart is not how I'd describe it. Actually, I don't think either play would fall in the category of stupid because either way, you're doing something that will assure that you win the game. Even if Hall just fell down immedately after taking the kick, that too would not be stupid. Kneel downs on victory formations simply do not fail and even if they do, the Cowboys would have to return it all the way, which means outracing Aldrick Robinson, not just recover the ball.

I think it was brilliant after thinking it over a few days. We ended the game on our terms with the ball in our hands. The last few seconds of the game were much more tortuous for cowpukes fans watching a kneel down as opposed to watching the boys try for a meaningless score. It was a great big middle finger.

Like someone already said, if he'd of scored, and one of our players had gotten injured on some ill-fated return of laterals, everybody would be screaming how MeAngelo should have just slid and not scored.

So please, STFU, and enjoy the win.

Yep, regardless of whether it mattered or not, it ended the game. Period.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.