• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Huge win

Cycleans

The Starter
Reaction score
This win was big real big! This is the kind of heart breaking game that would always stomp out and extinguish our faint hopes of a solid season. No it doesn't erase the problems with significant holes in the line up....but don't look now but the Skins are going to get a few extra days to prepare for the Giants game. If Skins can pull out a victory against NY they are 1 game out of first with tie breakers over the Saints, Bucs, and Vikes.:cheers: I forgot to mention the giants should have their hands full with the Packer this weekend. So Skins could be playing for first place next week at home against the giants. That can't be possible.....Could it?

Last edited:
Dam near historic IMO. Looking at the record of Dallas on Thanksgiving, it's a huge win on that point alone. The chance of competing for the division is just beyond most expectations is the icing on the cake...

I like cake :)

I'm calling it now. Griffin wins rookie of the week again. :)

Huge win. Huge.

BSPN just cuts from Shan (the winning coach) to listen to Garrett (the losing coach). That pretty much sums up how they treat us.
That will change eventually, one Griffin player of the week award at a time

I am thrilled about the win; but the "hanging on" to win is problematic. Looks like 2 different teams when comparing the 1st and 2nd half. Did the coaches change their game plan for the 2nd half? Dallas' just stayed with the pass plays in the 2nd half and our defense was weak. I think we should have blitzed in the 2nd half. Instead Romo had a field day. The team needs to have consisteny for each quarter.

The 4th was nerve wracking but what a huge drive to eat clock after they had pulled to within 7 and a monster boot from Forbath to seal it

I am thrilled about the win; but the "hanging on" to win is problematic. Looks like 2 different teams when comparing the 1st and 2nd half. Did the coaches change their game plan for the 2nd half? Dallas' just stayed with the pass plays in the 2nd half and our defense was weak. I think we should have blitzed in the 2nd half. Instead Romo had a field day. The team needs to have consisteny for each quarter.

Let's not pretend we are a good team yet. We are the Redskins. As such:

Any win against the Cowboys is a big deal.
Any win against the Cowboys in Dallas is a huge deal.
A win against the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving is unprecendented. It's bigger than big.

Argue style points another day. This is a game the Old Redskins literally never ever win. It's a big deal.

Nicely said Henry, nicely said.

It's actually nice to have leads late in the game instead of the other way around

We've beaten 2 division teams back to back
we have a qb who's thrown 8TDs
a RB who averages almost 100
A WR corp that is getting better every week

Why can't we say we're good?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We can say our offense is good. :)

Woulda been sweeter as a blowout but i'll take ANY win however we can get it. I just keep thinking of how nasty our O is gonna be when the pass blocking is even more shored up. Griff and Robinson can go hunting alot more for those 60+ yarders.

That happened and i was like "excellent" in Mr. Burns voice.

Yeah, I am not sure who should be replaced first, Polumbus or Lichtensteeiger. I thought Licht was solid last year, but it looks like the injury reduced an average G to a below average G. I really hope that LeRiebus gets a chance to show us what he has this season so we can concentrate on getting Polumbus out of the starting lineup.

With all that said, it's unfortunate how good these guys can be in the run at times. Polumbus pulled from the RT to get a key block for the Morris TD. How friggin surprising was that?

With some protection, can you guys imagine what Griff will be able to do from the pocket? I mean 315 yards and 4 TD's aren't enough? :laugh:

Noticed too that after the game,FOX interviewed no one..not even RG3,who won their postgame plaque.

Told my wife and In-Laws, "now if Dallas won,they'd have stuck around and had Romo and Co. interviewed..then let Jimmy,Terry and Howie yuk it up with them...Redskins win,,well,game over,see ya next week"

They scoffed at me and said I was under the influence of tryptophan...lol

I was right!!...right?

Yes DP! I was waiting for the post-game interviews.

I have to eat crow because I thought the Eagles were gonna blow us out last week, and this would be a meaningless game for us in the divisional scheme of things. Great to see how we turned it around after the bye, we have to keep this up, and not let up late in games! So great to beat dallass today

Huge is an understatement. What an awesome win for the Skins. So happy for these guys right now. Fletcher was jumping up and down on the sidelines like a teenager when RG3 was driving them down the field for that last score.

RG3 is amazing and has the team and Skins fans everywhere believing!

Before the game, what Jerry Jones' main advisor told him...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWGAdzn5_KU[/media]

Hey..kinda fits... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.