• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2012 - Week 12 @ Dallas Cowboys

Blognostications

Blognosticator - MikeSr619

**** Dallas!

Ok, now that is out of the way, let me TRY to be...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
The first line alone makes this a Pulitzer-worthy piece. :cheers:

I agree with you about our secondary, Mike. Hard to argue there. But I also think THEIR secondary can be had. And I don't even worry about Ware or Spencer all that much, in terms of limiting our time to do it. No one in the game can create more time to throw when under pressure than RG3. And he does an excellent job of keeping his eyes downfield.

The problem I noticed last week, was that he bought time. He looked downfield, sometimes for what seemed like days. But rarely did that give someone the chance to get open. Now, granted, we can't see what's going on downfield at home, but I have to believe if there were opportunities, Griff would have taken them. Our guys will have the TIME to get open against a soft secondary. I hope THIS week, they actually will.

I'd also rate the Cowboys' offensive line a half-step above the Eagles'. This is good news for us. As you correctly pointed out, we've GOT to get to Romo. Not just sacks, but hurries, and a sack-fumble or three wouldn't hurt either. Their running game, whether it's Dunbar or whoever, doesn't scare me in the slightest.

I enjoyed the write-up, man. And I like your style. I'm glad you didn't try to "go Om" on us. I wanted to read something that sounded like my boy dominating a football conversation at the bar. And that's what I got.

Speaking of domination, I think our boys do as well. 24-12, Skins.

Good work, bro! HAIL!!!

Mike, my friend, it is soooo good to have someone around whose absolute loathing for the abomination known as the Cowboys (correction-Cowpukes) is at the same level as mine. :)

Pretty good analysis too.

I hope we make Romo as miserable as possible on the way to a Thankgiving day embarrassment for that load of filth-ridden cockroaches.

BTW-Miles "Kardashian" Austin? I love it! :rotflmao:

Hail.

Hahahaha, I loved the first line too, frankly any skins fan who doesnt hate the cowpies must be a new fan lol. I had pvr'd the top 10 rivalries in pro football on the NFL network, I watched #10 it was the cowpies and 49ers, then they showed the "rivalries that didnt make it" and they said the Skins and Cowpies didnt make the top 10? I deleted it and turned off the TV.

This game has always been the key to our seasons, if we went undefeated except for the cowpies, I would feel cheated, If we lost every game but stomped a mudhole in the cowpies, I would not call the season a total loss.

now as for your prognostication? I agree with a lot of it but I think the cowpies have a shot here because of 2 things.

1- we cant pass protect against good defences, RG3 can only do so much on his own. if they dial up a rush, we will be in trouble.

2- we cant stop the pass against good passing offences. I will be amazed if Romo doesnt have one of his " save my job" games.

I think if we win, it will be because Rg3 simply plays a superlative game, he gives us that punchers chance, maybe he catches them with a few ridiculous plays.

either way EFF DALASS

Mike, I like your outcome, here's hoping you're right. The Pukes can be beaten, as usual the media loves them far more than they deserve. To hear the media talk about it, the Pukes are getting ready for a playoff run.

Should be fun to end that talk.

Very nicely done with the write up, Mike.

At the end of the day, it will always come down to how well we hold up along the offensive line and how much pressure we can create on Romo to relieve our defensive secondary of stress when we play Dallas. These seem to have been the keys of the game for quite some time now when we go up against the Cowboys.

One thing that we seem to lose sight of is that for some unknown reason, the Cowboys more often than not are always on the right end of the breaks and lucky bounces vs. Washington. For instance, I still can't believe how many times Romo had a snap fly over his head, scramble out of pressure, and still throw a prayer downfield that was completed for 15 plus yards last year in our visit to their piss tank of a stadium. Or, how many times I've had to witness him get stripped of the ball only to have it bounce back conveniently into his own lap, or the lap of a teammate in the right place at the right time. Catching the breaks on the road vs. the Cowboys in November (a month where they typically do okay) is as critical a factor for us tomorrow as any.

Mike, I like your outcome, here's hoping you're right. The Pukes can be beaten, as usual the media loves them far more than they deserve. To hear the media talk about it, the Pukes are getting ready for a playoff run.

Should be fun to end that talk.

Seriously.

That bull**** fest needs to end. PERENNIAL underachievers, and yet the mediots tout them every year. STFU already.

Great job Mike!

Last week against Philly, Kyle called some really dumb plays at certain times, pitching the ball back on 3rd and 1 (again!!!), trying to run Morris around the edge on a 4th an 1 we shouldn't have run in the first place...but at the end of the game he used a play with Griff I have been calling for since the Vikings win. He loaded up the right side of the line, ran a play action to that side and slipped Griff out on the weak side for a 20 something yard gain. It was the perfect call for Griff. Utilized correctly, this play could break Dallas' back if we're ahead late like we've been the last 2 times we played them.

Good job.

Today's game is do or die and it will be like that the rest of the way - if we get a winning streak going. But it sure would be nice to see a win down there.

Seriously.

That bull**** fest needs to end. PERENNIAL underachievers, and yet the mediots tout them every year. STFU already.

i've actually seen a lot of people picking us to win today.. 2 of the 3 on NFL AM picked the Skins this morning, and i've seen a few different write-ups on NFL.com picking us to take the game.....

I believe this will be a good indication if the wheels are truly coming off in Dallas. They have won 5 straight on Thanksgiving and if I remember correctly, they have beaten us in every Thanksgiving game we've played. Nice time to show the world we are not just the "future" of the NFC East, but with Robert under center we are a team to be reckoned with now.

That loss to the Panthers reminds me we really do have a lot of work to do, but a win in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day could be a nice catalyst toward changing people's minds about us.

Great job Mike. I believe we are going to see RG3 just go crazy today. He's playing in front of not only a national audience, but also right in front of a lot of family and friends.

This is a home game for him, and he'll be extra motivated to put on a show.

We need a few other guys to lift their personal games up to his level. D Hall needs another pick or two. Our D-line needs to bring it, and our O-line needs to give RG3 the protection necessary to do something magnificent today.

This could be a huge game that we'll talk about for the next ten years.

Great job Mike. I believe we are going to see RG3 just go crazy today. He's playing in front of not only a national audience, but also right in front of a lot of family and friends.

We need a few other guys to lift their personal games up to his level. D Hall needs another pick or two. Our D-line needs to bring it, and our O-line needs to give RG3 the protection necessary to do something magnificent today.

I hope you are right. At some point, we have to turn a corner of sorts, start making our own destiny. Today's as good a day to start as any. I've come to a place where I am not going to watch with any expectations of any kind. I have no idea what we'll see today. I'm just going to watch and experience it. Whatever happens, happens.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Contemplating the game. Gotta love the focus. Hope this kid can shine brighter than that blue star today! It sure would be nice to see!

556834_4502456874514_1069411343_n.jpg

Well said Mike, the hatred that exists for the pukes burns in my soul like a hot knife through butter.

We need a few other guys to lift their personal games up to his level. D Hall needs another pick or two.

:claps: For a guy that takes so much abuse from his own fans at times, he was the man today.

He's played pretty well the last few weeks. And I'm very critical of him...
Ever since his ejection he looks motivated... maybe Fletcher had a coming to Jesus meeting with him

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.