• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Oh what a difference a decent safety makes...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9759/reed-doughty

per espn he played in double digit games every year, except 08 when he was hurt... and last year he played in all 16 games, averaging almost 9 tackles a game.

As much as you like to toot your own horn about football knowledge, you must have a shortfall when it comes to the roots of the game. A safety should NEVER be in the position to make almost 9 tackles a game. That tells me that the linebackers, and CB's aren't doing their jobs. Safeties also shouldn't be relied upon in man to man coverage. Sean Taylor STRUGGLED in man to man coverage. He never was known for that. What he was good at was playing center field, and crashing the box. Reading a play and reacting. If safeties were good in man to man, they wouldn't be safeties, they'd be playing CB.

I said he was a solid back up and special teams player, I asked how many games he started perhaps argue what I am arguing, not what your buddy is arguing

btw man to man coverage is something safeties rarely play except on a TE sometimes.

Shockey has been quoted as saying the toughest defender he ever faced in pass coverage was Taylor in daily practices at the University of Miami.

Sean Taylor was easily one of the most athletic safeties who ever played and was well on his way to becoming a hall of fame free safety. He was not a liability in coverage at all.

Reed Doughty is a great guy, a great special teams player and a good person who happens to be too slow to be a great safety, he is not lacking in overall athleticism, he has a good vert, solid three cone and shuttle times, he just simply doesnt have the flat out speed to compete at safety. period

I said he was a solid back up and special teams player, I asked how many games he started perhaps argue what I am arguing, not what your buddy is arguing

btw man to man coverage is something safeties rarely play except on a TE sometimes.

You said he rarely touched the field lastyear and i was offering info that your statement was not correct

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

As I said in another thread, I thought that Meriweather was nothing but a waste of a roster spot. He has been healthy for what, 35 minutes of the season, and now he's done his other knee.

You said he rarely touched the field lastyear and i was offering info that your statement was not correct

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

You are right actually, my bad, I meant to say as a starter. he obviously plays a lot on specials and he played a lot when Landry was hurt. thats how I know he is so damn slow in coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.