• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Oh what a difference a decent safety makes...

Really? Any worse than the 2010 Packers that had 14 players on IR and still won the Super Bowl?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

that team had years of depth.
not taking away from what they did, but comparing their handling of injuries to a team that was a clown circus up until 3 years ago isn't really fair. we have nowhere near the depth of the 2010 packers.

No, there are legit injuries that have cost the Redskins the chance to be as competitive as they otherwise might be, but the front office and coaches can't use that as a crutch the way we as fans might.

We need those draft picks like LeRibeus and Dejon Gomes and Niles Paul to step up and so far they have been missing in action.

We need better depth and one excellent draft as the Redskins had several times under Beathard can set a team up for a nice 5-7 year run.

Are you telling me you guys are surprised by this injury? How often do you see that, a guy running cleanly like that, whose knee buckles like that when there isn't a hit involved, and it isn't serious?

The answer is you don't.

It is always bad. I looked at my wife while watching the replay and said I'd be surprised if he suited up for the Skins again this year. She looked up from her computer just in time to see the second replay and said "ACL".

I was honestly having some hope for the rest of the season right up until that play to.

No reason to give up. The Texans lost Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing off their defense and are still 9-1 this season.

No reason to give up. The Texans lost Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing off their defense and are still 9-1 this season.

Except they have a little wrecking ball named JJ Watt that makes up for 3 Mario Williamses.

Brandon Meriweather ‏@BMeriweather31

I want to start off by saying I'm sorry to all the redskins fan. Y'all are the best. But this was a bad season for me.

Are you telling me you guys are surprised by this injury? How often do you see that, a guy running cleanly like that, whose knee buckles like that when there isn't a hit involved, and it isn't serious?

The answer is you don't.

It is always bad. I looked at my wife while watching the replay and said I'd be surprised if he suited up for the Skins again this year. She looked up from her computer just in time to see the second replay and said "ACL".

I was honestly having some hope for the rest of the season right up until that play to.

That's fine, I didn't see the injury and on the ride home I listened to him talk about how he was felling fine and just a little banged up during his radio interview.

So yes, it surprised me. I didn't really get to see the injury though.

That's fine, I didn't see the injury and on the ride home I listened to him talk about how he was felling fine and just a little banged up during his radio interview.

So yes, it surprised me. I didn't really get to see the injury though.

Same for me. I never saw the injury, but heard it commented on on the radio and then BMW saying that it wasnt a biggie. This was a surprise for me and a real big bummer. They seemed to play so much better defensively just with him in the lineup.

The answer is you don't.

I saw the injury live myself, and with his injury history, and the fact that he collapsed without being touched, and on a grass surface, made me conclude that both of this guy's knees must be made of pancake syrup on the inside.

I'm not talking to you guys who didn't see it. I was talking to everyone, media included, that did see it and are acting all surprised. Hell, I was surprised at the reaction of Brian Billick. He has been in the game long enough to know that knees don't bend that way on their own without it being bad.

And I don't want to sound arrogant because frankly I don't feel like I know that much about football but...man...it just looked bad. To me, it appeared much worse than the hit on McCoy late in the game that they made so much about.

*shrug*

we sould put 21 on those guys , maybe sean will play for them !

I'm not talking to you guys who didn't see it. I was talking to everyone, media included, that did see it and are acting all surprised. Hell, I was surprised at the reaction of Brian Billick. He has been in the game long enough to know that knees don't bend that way on their own without it being bad.

And I don't want to sound arrogant because frankly I don't feel like I know that much about football but...man...it just looked bad. To me, it appeared much worse than the hit on McCoy late in the game that they made so much about.

*shrug*

No, you're right. One of the guys we go to the games with was home and couldn't attend - his wife is a nurse with my wife. We texted him asking what happened (shocker, stadium didn't show us any replay of the injury) and he said his wife immediately said it was an ACL.

When he came on the radio though we thought it was just a bad hit, but he was fine. :(

Good feelings gone ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfIuoVwhlgU[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPL7nN99jno[/media]

Only problem is they have Wade Phillips as DC and we have Haslett.

Good feelings gone ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfIuoVwhlgU[/media]

Small consolation. The last six games of '11, Gomes and Doughty were our safeties and we actually were good at defense. I still believe it's more about Haslett... these guys can play. We just got to figure out what we do well and take advantage of it.

If we did better on D against the Eagles it is possible that with the bye week the coaches saw some of the stuff that they were routinely screwing up on and corrected it. After all, when Merriweather went out, Gomes came in and there really wasn't a sudden drop in play.

Ya no doubt FTS.

I never saw the actual; injury either if I had I would have been saying ACL too. After having done it myself last December and the subsequent surgery and rehab I would have still said "it's done BW". I literally blew mine into so many pieces it wasn't even recognizable as tendon and fiber. I still walked out of the stadium after being carried off the field and icing it 30 minutes on the sidelines. I then drove my stick shift car home (blew the left acl) and improved so much by the time surgery took place in January that I literally could have gone for a 3 mile run. The upside as you can see with AP's comeback that an ACL isn't a full year recovery anymore, it's 6 months and a full year to 100% full speed recovery. I was playing soccer again by June after having surgery in January and I'm 42.

Say what you want Bulldog - but the Redskins have no luck. Period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.