• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Day After......Has The Shine Wore Off?

I don't think I heard any players indicate they were packing it in. Shanahan's doleful postgame comments after the Carolina game set that media frenzy in motion.

Look, Griffin is one of the most talented players in the league. He is capable of doing what he did Sunday in ANY of the remaining games.

That doesn't mean we can't enjoy it and admit he is operating with some personnel handicaps at a number of other positions.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't think I heard any players indicate they were packing it in. Shanahan's doleful postgame comments after the Carolina game set that media frenzy in motion.

Look, Griffin is one of the most talented players in the league. He is capable of doing what he did Sunday in ANY of the remaining games.

That doesn't mean we can't enjoy it and admit he is operating with some personnel handicaps at a number of other positions.

You make what I think is a key point here BD. The team needed this kind of win-and the fans even more. I've seen fans across the NFL now and there is a universal reaction to a team "on the skids", for lack of a better term-there's no measurable data to confirm this but my sense is that a "mood" descends on a team and its fans, a "doom and gloom" atmosphere that I describe as "We Can't Win". Redskins fans are painfully familiar with this feeling-at least I know I am and I'm sure many others are also.

One good way to dispel this is by a decisive win-a dominating win like the Redskins had against the Eagles-never mind the disclaimers about how badly the other team is doing-just the excitement and fulfillment of "stomping 'em in the dirt" I think brings back a sense of "We can win", "We can run all over another football team" and even though I don't have any "actual data" to confirm this I believe this kind of win affects the players as well-I'm almost certain the Skins players walked off that field feeling strong, capable, and competitive like they haven't seemed to feel in several weeks now.

I know, even with my acknowledgement of everything that is still in dire need of fixing on this team, I do as a Redskins fan-my sense of "this team can play with anybody" has been bolstered and my fears kept in greater check.

Damn that game felt good. :)

Hail.

That sinking feeling you are talking about has hit Eagleland. Philly changed its spots a couple of years ago and started signing big name free agents and raising expectations. Meanwhile, the performance of the team on the field has steadil declined.

After all the crap we've been through and The Eagles treating Fed-Ex Field like it's their second home...it's 'bout time we laid a serious smack down on them!

Yes I'm still feelin' good about yesterday!

if we dont come out and lay an egg against the cowpies, this might have been the game where RG3 asserted himself as the leader of this team. yeah we beat a struggling team but as neo and others have said, in the past we lose that game. im not gonna start chanting playoffs, in fact I think it was a one off, but im hoping we get it done against the cowpies too.

Ryan, I have been to 3 games this year and Griff is undoubtedly the leader of that team. I saw it live the first game I attended...the Vikings. The way he commanded the huddle and the way players reacted to him on the sidelines, veteran players. But I think he asserted himself the 1st game of the season my friend.

if we dont come out and lay an egg against the cowpies, this might have been the game where RG3 asserted himself as the leader of this team. yeah we beat a struggling team but as neo and others have said, in the past we lose that game. im not gonna start chanting playoffs, in fact I think it was a one off, but im hoping we get it done against the cowpies too.

I got a good feeling we pull out the win on Turkey Day.
Because RG3 thrives under pressure, as opposed to crumbling under it, and I think the media attention, and the nationwide audience, and everything about it, will bring out the best of RG3. As if he could actually play better than he has :)

so what if they are? why do you have to bring them down off of it like it matters that much?

our QB was amazing
our RB was solid
our D created turnovers, got INTs, and sacks
our D gave up ZERO touchdowns
our kicker was yet again perfect

we had a great game and every fan has every right to feel happy and ecstatic about beating a Philly team at home.

We broke a streak of losing to rookie QBs
we won at home
we beat a team solidly that beats us up when they can

Just because YOU feel like we should "come back to Earth" doesnt mean you need to push it on to everyone else. I mean, thank goodness you aren't in the locker room giving the pre-game speeches.
So I can have an opinion only if you agree with it? Seriously Mike, how is me offering a reality check any different than you offering false hope? I'm only saying that as fans, we've been down this road countless times. We manhandled a horrible team, big deal. I get that we usually don't, but it still isn't this magical feat everyone is making it out to be.

As for pre-game speeches, our coach that publicly quit on the team gave that speech, and look at the result. No reason to give people big heads over beating perhaps the worst team in the league. You celebrate when you've done something, and not a minute sooner.

Elephant, I mean the leader of the franchise, I dont think this is Shanny's team anymore, I think its RG3's team, Shanny gave up, he as much as said it, and now the team sees a rookie damn QB who not only is playing like it matters but who hasnt given up on the season. I knew he was the leader on offence right off the hop and he quickly became a team leader, but very few players are the face and leaders of a franchise let alone in their rookie season.

Heck no the shine hasn't worn off.... it ain't gonna wear off at all this season either. I'm a Redskins fan, and we have our QB that we've been missing since i can remember. Sure we still have stuff to work on, but this team is showing positives... are they still showing negatives absolutely, but it aint gonna get fixed overnight...

I am guilty as charged. Last week I was still a little unsure of this team.

After yesterday...just polished up the shine I didn't see.

Hey, does this mean I get to scream "STFU!" at people when they go into "Oh God we're doomed" mode in the chatroom -or elsewhere, for that matter-when something stupid is done on the field?:)

Hey, does this mean I get to scream "STFU!" at people when they go into "Oh God we're doomed" mode in the chatroom -or elsewhere, for that matter-when something stupid is done on the field?:)

hahaha heck yeah, same here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.