• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Just how bad is the Redskins pass defense

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
have given up.....

32 plays of 20 yards or more
13 plays of 30 yards or more
8 plays of 40 yards or more
7 plays of 50 yards or more !

This is not all on Haslett and Morris.
Coaches can only do so much, with scrubs that management signs, for them to work with.

I think we all agreed going into the season this group of corners was perhaps one of the worst units in the NFC. Definitely the worst in the NFC East.

The safeties even with Meriweather healthy are down near the bottom as well.

It's that old input-process-output model at work, ie crap in - crap out :(

Yep we need some serious addressing come April wrt theD. Thing is do we grab secondary early with the picks or should we grab best available pass rushers that will help Rack and Ryan out?

but if look at todays game ..brandon m. made a difference ,guys were hyped up ! we need some guys back there wit swag and who can stay healty !

Gotta tip my cap to Meriweather - I've been basically cursing his name since we signed him, but when he finally got a chance to show what he could do, he played very well. Let's just hope he can keep up this level of play!

Yep Lanky. I've been hard on him too. If Jamaal can come back and do anything similar on the OLine?

It's nice to see that with just a little help in the secondary this defense can at least look competent. If we can finally address this in the offseason our future might not look as bleak as it has been.

It's nice to see that with just a little help in the secondary this defense can at least look competent. If we can finally address this in the offseason our future might not look as bleak as it has been.

Well...we were playing a rookie QB with three starting OL out of the lineup. I wouldn't call it competent just yet...

(Sorry for peeing on the parade)

Well...we were playing a rookie QB with three starting OL out of the lineup. I wouldn't call it competent just yet...

(Sorry for peeing on the parade)

So?

Do we usually shut down rookie QBs for 6 points?

Have we usually fared well against terrible opposing OLs lately?

Have I been watching a different defense than everyone else this year? :)

So?

Do we usually shut down rookie QBs for 6 points?

Have we usually fared well against terrible opposing OLs lately?

Have I been watching a different defense than everyone else this year? :)

All excellent points. Touché my friend, touché.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.