• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RUMOR: Vinny in DC for "the long term."

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

UGGGHHHHHH...pretty credible source from over at "the other site" says his scout buddy heard top Skins officials say this, and many others have heard it as well. The team is determined to win with the current structure.

Shoot. Me. NOW.

My friend that is an AFC North scout had a phone discussion with the Redskins a few weeks ago about a possible job (this happens all of the time with scouts around the NFL). He was told that at the end of the preseason when the Redskins scouts were preparing to start their road work scouting college games that Snyder told the scouts that Vinny will be here for the long term and no matter what happens this year that will not change. The Redskins told him they are determined to make it work the way it is currently constructed. By the way, he has been told this numerous times by other Redskins scouts he has seen over the last few years.

Guys - this time you need to believe what the media is telling you - Vinny isn't going anywhere - get used to it and stop dreaming. It sucks but it is true.

link

God.

Suddenly an image flashed into my head of the danny on MTV singing Sinatra's "My Way".

My only hope is that Shanahan, or whoever may be considered to replace Zorn, makes "no Vinny" a make/break contract stipulation.

So we get to find out what it is like to be Jets fans now, huh?

So we get to find out what it is like to be Jets fans now, huh?
You're close....

Snyder_Davis.gif

I thought about the Lions Sarge and nearly said that but then it occurred to me that we have won a Super Bowl. We know what it is like to be the big dawg on the block, the team no one else in the league wants to see on the schedule, the team mentioned in every discussion about who has a real chance this year. We know what being good is like but it is a distant memory. To me, the Jets epitomize that feeling.

I thought about the Lions Sarge and nearly said that but then it occurred to me that we have won a Super Bowl. We know what it is like to be the big dawg on the block, the team no one else in the league wants to see on the schedule, the team mentioned in every discussion about who has a real chance this year. We know what being good is like but it is a distant memory. To me, the Jets epitomize that feeling.

True, but at this rate, by the time we get back to the Super Bowl,(if we ever do) we'll all be dead.

Well, all of us except the danny. I'm pretty sure that deal he made with satan stipulates that he stay alive forever

Didn't Danny get Vinny a losing investment in Six Flags and thus feels obligated to "make things right" by keeping him around?

Didn't Danny get Vinny a losing investment in Six Flags and thus feels obligated to "make things right" by keeping him around?
I don't what it was exactly, but I also heard that these two have other financial ties outside the Redskins.

Couldn't you have just lied and told us something different? I would have made me feel a little better.

Heading to stubhub to get Caps tickets.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Lord Yusuf - I'm not easily frightened. But that sig is making the hair on the back of my neck stand on end :)

Lord Yusuf - I'm not easily frightened. But that sig is making the hair on the back of my neck stand on end :)
Quite understandable given the subject of the two photos.
3.gif
4.gif

I have to admit, the morphing effect is pretty bizarre though.

I dont know if i buy this... It was at the end of preseason.. people can say "no matter what" all they want, till the bad stuff happens.. And honestly, i think if we get a big time coach in here who starts winning, Cerrato might have the title, but he's gonna be forgotten

It's certainly easy to point fingers at Snyder and Cerrato and say they just don't get it---they have a remarkable ability to say the wrong thing, or not say the right one. And maybe they don't get it. But we won't know that until something happens that has not happened in this town since Gibbs retired the first time and took his genius with him:

The one key element Snyder & Cerrato have not had in their tenure, which is the single most crucial element in the difference between winning and losing in the NFL ... a quarterback.

The QB play in this city has been so abysmal for so long I think many of us old enough to have seen good QB play in burgundy and gold have forgotten what it looks like, and what's more, the galvanizing effect it has on an entire organization.

The Redskins knew this past offseason Jason Campbell is not that guy. They made that clear in their pursuit/interest of Cutler and Sanchez. And they took tremendous heat for it for 'undermining Campbell's confidence' and other such nonsense ... but not from me. I would have loved to see either of those guys come here if the team felt they were a good fit schematically (Sanchez in particular), but was also okay with the decision not to "overpay" for either guy given the risks----to me the fact they ended up backing off actually showed a growth on the part of Snyder and Cerrato. A few years ago, they might well have pulled a Mike Ditka/New Orleans trick and traded away their entire draft (and maybe next year's) to trade up for Sanchez.

Until the Redskins field an actual NFL quarterback again they are not going to be consistent winners. Period. Just as is the case for any NFL team. They are going to continue to vary between horrible seasons (5-11) and decent seasons (10-6), depending on a million other variables ... and fans and media are going to continue to search for and dissect each of those variables, trying to pinpoint "the" one that is most at fault. And it's all going to be a waste of time.

The Redskins need a legitimate NFL quarterback. Once they finally get one (and given the Lions have been looking for like 50 years, I realize it's not as easy as just wanting one bad enough), THEN we can do meaningful anaylsis of all the other variables---from Vinny's drafting to Zorn's (or whoever) coaching to the OL's pass pro to the WR's route-running to the FedEx fan experience to whatever.

Campbell will not be the QB next year. Whoever is will be The Next Great Hope that this organization can once again become a relevant factor in the NFL.

Sometimes it really is that simple. :)

Om, I would argue we did have a QB when Snyder bought the team. A guy by the name of Brad Johnson. He got run out of town following the "Year of Big Names" so we could bring in Jeff George. I am not saying he was a franchise guy like Favre, Manning, Brady or Brees but he was solid and dependable and could run the offense on the field the way the coaches wanted it run.

But he didn't have a big enough name for Mr. Snyder. George did. The rest is history.

Actually, Snyder brought in Johnson I'm pretty sure. The franchise QB that Snyder ran off was by the name of Trent Green.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.