• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shanahan on Eagles short list for Reid Replacements

tshile

No, not Mike... Kyle...

Now, to be fair, maybe this is all a big joke and I'm a sucker.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ahan-on-list-of-eagles-head-coach-contenders/

Contenders: The Redskins are losing yet again, but their offense under the stewardship of Kyle Shanahan has been electric. The 32-year-old has done wonders with rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III and will get interviews for coaching vacancies in the offseason.

While I'm sure there are quite a few people here who would jump for joy, this would make me not happy :(

our offense is electric?

he's done wonders with our rookie?

Our offense is getting worse each week and our rookie was amazing before he came here. Kyle cant take that credit.

In Kyle's defense, he started out calling great football games... but your right, he's since fallen way off and over-thought himself.

IF he gets an offer, does he take it, or does Mike convince him to say here and be his successor?

MikeSr619 said:
our offense is electric?

he's done wonders with our rookie?

Our offense is getting worse each week and our rookie was amazing before he came here. Kyle cant take that credit.

Most petulant fanbase in the NFL? The Washington Redskins fanbase.

Finally get a qb that could actually fulfill his promise and now it's fire everybody... OR

Kyle's no damn good.

Even Joe Gibbs 1.0 offense struggled in it's heyday at times....and that was with the greatest Oline of all time and studs like Monk,Clark and Sanders.

Please, drink a couple of bottles of NyQuil already.

Sheesh........

Last edited:
Most petulant fanbase in the NFL? The Washington Redskins fanbase.

Finally get a qb that could actually fulfill his promise and now it's fire everybody.

Please, drink a couple of bottles of NyQuil already.

Sheesh........

huh? i dont think any of these posts even mentioned wishing to see him go?

Dad's done. It's time for Kyle to try and latch on somewhere.

As for the dropoff consider two factors:

1) 16 drops in two games. That's a lot!

2) Loss of Davis, Garcon, and others certainly has had an impact on elecricity.

Kyle has been very good overall this season. We'll always disagree with a call or two.

Maybe that's fair Mike, but 16 drops in 2 games is a lot for any coordinator to overcome.

RGIII is the most accurate passing qb we've had since Sonny.

His receiving corps has been decimated.

He's playing behind a better run blocking line than pass blocking line.

He has one of the better runners in the league.

And, he's a ROOKIE!

Let's not change the coaching staff on offense, yet.

We've already seen how changing offensive coordinators doesn't improve a qb...especially if it happens just about every year.

Patience fellas...patience.

I can get past my perception that he isn't running the ball enough. Others have seen that differently, so perhaps I am projecting or something. As long as someone gets in his face about using Banks in the RedZone, I think I can handle Kyle. Given that we have had a decade+ of inept offenses, Kyle is a breath of fresh air.

I do very much believe that with a competent OLine and WRs, this offense with Griff could be ridiculously good.

Shanahan put Griffin in a college scheme and while that was effective for 6 games the league has started to figure it out.

See, this is where I diverge from the current staff.

Stop trying to win an extra game or two this season while getting Griffin killed, and instead put him in an NFL scheme and let him grow now while the team around him is mediocre.

Again, there seems to be no plan here.

Each of the three Shanahan seasons seem divorced from one another.

We are never building step by step but rather in fits and starts.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yep, and what the Eagles or another team would be buying is an OC whose units have been successful only when presented with uber-talent in Houston and a bit less so here with Griffin and Morris.

But again the Shanahans came out and didn't do Griffin any favors.

The scheme is going to have to change and when it does that delayed learning for RIII will come home to roost.

Why not get the guy established in 2012?

Shanahan put Griffin in a college scheme and while that was effective for 6 games the league has started to figure it out.

See, this is where I diverge from the current staff.

Stop trying to win an extra game or two this season while getting Griffin killed, and instead put him in an NFL scheme and let him grow now while the team around him is mediocre.

Hard to argue with that. Except the fact that that college scheme was implemented to cover the lack of talent on the o line just as much as help the rookie qb. In a pure NFL scheme this oline gets crushed thus RG3 get killed anyway.

I also agree that they need to take out the option. Griffin is literally always in the option with his speed and vision; its almost like he's the best wildcat QB of all time.

I have been very critical of Kyle's playcalling, but surprisingly, I think he should be retained for at least another couple of years. He's still young, so his best years as a coordinator are still ahead of him (one would hope, anyway). He can still learn how to win games (one of his biggest criticisms from Texans fans was that he was not very good calling plays with the game on the line and from behind).

Each of the three Shanahan seasons seem divorced from one another.

We are never building step by step but rather in fits and starts.

I agree with your entire post 100%!

I would personally give the shanny's another year, but it is head scratching with some trades (McNabb/Brown) and playcalling (option) that seem to indicate the team is always in a win now mode even when the FO indicates this will take time.

This offseason, I hope they go all in on Offense line. Yes I know D is worst in NFL, but if we cannot keep RG3 upright we have much bigger troubles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.