• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We do NOT have to run the table, to make the playoffs

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
This year looks no different than last year in the NFC East.
Most likely the winner of this division will once again be 9-7.....or maybe even 8-8, the way the Giants are so up and down. This means that we actually have a better chance of winning the division this year, than making as a wild card.
We can realistically and conceivably go 6-1, and as a long-shot possibility, maybe even go 5-2, and win the division at 9-7 or 8-8.
Although, us winning the division with a 9-7 or 8-8 record. is a lot more likely than us actually going 6-1 and 5-2. In other words, we're our own worst enemy, and I don't have a great deal of confidence that we can actually win those 5 or 6 more games, to start with.
But there's a lot of X factors. We can come back from the bye, healthier at some key positions, and hopefully some key adjustments by the coaching staff, and make that turnaround a real possibility. Let's not give up before it's time.
We've already crucified the coach for his apparent "white flag", so let's not be hypocrites ourselves, by throwing in the white flag, as fans !! Especially in a division that is THIS WEAK !!

Last edited:
We don't have to run the table to make the playoffs, but it sure would help. So would some plane crashes. That seems to me to be a more likely scenario for us getting into the playoffs.

We don't have to run the table to make the playoffs, but it sure would help. So would some plane crashes. That seems to me to be a more likely scenario for us getting into the playoffs.

Wow, man. Unless I'm hearing you wrong, it sounds like you're hoping that the NY Giants team plane crashes with all their players on it ?

He's obviously being sarcastic - although a more tasteful analogy probably would have sufficed.

Our defense is so bad that I don't expect us to be in the hunt for the playoffs. I'm thinking 7-9 best-case scenario at this point.

However, I can see a situation where the Cowboys close in on the Giants for the division lead. Dallas has to visit FedEx the last game of the season. Wouldn't it be a great end to the season to knock the Cowboys out of the playoffs?

Wow, man. Unless I'm hearing you wrong, it sounds like you're hoping that the NY Giants team plane crashes with all their players on it ?

No, I'm not wishing for plane crashes. I'm just saying that it's more likely that we make the playoffs that way than by winning out.

That sure would take the sting off of the first half. I know this team has it in them, but with the way the D has played, I have angst every game, no matter who we play. I hate that feeling. I liked it so much better the first few weeks where I felt like we could win each game instead.

it would be nice, but since I think we should beat the fecals this week by 10 we will likely lose by 7 or more

I hope you're wrong. On paper, our D should be able to pressure Foles or Vick. Their OLine is terrible, worse than ours. If our DBs can contain Maclin and Jackson for a relatively small amount of time, I think we can compete.

But the rest of the year? Ugh.

There still isn't a line on the game yet. I'm guessing that's due to Vick's concussion.

I hope you're wrong. On paper, our D should be able to pressure Foles or Vick. Their OLine is terrible, worse than ours. If our DBs can contain Maclin and Jackson for a relatively small amount of time, I think we can compete.

But the rest of the year? Ugh.

Why should we be able to pressure Vick and/or Foles? We haven't been able to pressure anyone since Rak went out...why would this week be any different? Not picking on you, I'm sincerely asking.

I like how people bring this up every year as if it matters. We're 3-6, we aren't suddenly gonna wake up and be a good football team and run the table. We are what we are, a 5 or 6 win team.

I don't know if its accurate or not, but per Mike and Mike this morning, less than 2% of teams that start 3-6 make the playoffs. That tells you what our expectations should be. Unfortunately.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Why should we be able to pressure Vick and/or Foles? We haven't been able to pressure anyone since Rak went out...why would this week be any different? Not picking on you, I'm sincerely asking.

You are probably right. I keep thinking that the Eagles' OLine is atrocious, and they are, but we went through this with the Rams too, and got no pressure.

I don't know if its accurate or not, but per Mike and Mike this morning, less than 2% of teams that start 3-6 make the playoffs. That tells you what our expectations should be. Unfortunately.

I'm not the type of homer to the degree that picks the Redskins to win every single week, but I have enough homer in me, not to give up on a season, before it's truly time. Even last year, when we were supposedly posturing for the "Andrew Luck #1 Pick Sweepstakes", I was STILL pulling for, and believing for wins the rest of the season, and not wanting to tank the season, like a lot of fans.

Hell I think 8-8 would be like winning the superbowl for this hot mess dressed up like an NFL franchise. Face it, we'll be lucky yes LUCKY, to win 6 or 7 games this year.

how about because they have ZERO starting OL on that team and Vick is sacked usually around 8 times a game. Foles won't have any more luck.

Haha. That makes us about even. Because we get ZERO pressure on all other teams. We might get a couple of sacks this week, I doubt it will matter.

They are now saying that Vick's concussion is "significant", so he's probably not playing.

On that note, I expect the league to take extreme measures here shortly to stop all of these concussions. It simply can't go on this way any longer.

Cutler and Vick yesterday. I imagine they will make the D-backs helmets much thinner, so they are scared to lead with their heads.

How many notches above "shaken up" is that ?

:)

That's somewhere between "What day of the week is it?" and "I'm going to sue the day I retire."

I bet this is the last season we see football as we currently know it. Roger is going to go crazy this offseason. 1-3 game suspensions for any helmet-to-helmet contact.....and see if that stops it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.