• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My Problem with Shannahan

Last time we played Philly after bye week they put up 59 points. :oops:

We actually played them after the bye last season as well. We were 3-1, they were 1-4, everyone said "We can really put the dagger in them...." The Eagles led 20-0 in the second quarter, and held on for a 20-13 win. Rex threw four INTs, and thus started the short-lived John Beck adventure.

Welcome back, Om. I echo your sentiments 100%.

By the way, meet our new DC when Haslett is fired. You probably already know how weak he was in Tampa, but I bet few have seen this:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13381446

One of the worst kept secrets in Tampa Bay was the partying social life of former head coach Raheem Morris, the man Schiano replaced. The 34-year old Morris often acted his age – or younger – by being seen at Tampa Bay area gentlemen’s clubs, bars and nightclubs. A countless number of Bucs fans and NFL sources have told PewterReport.com that they have seen the brash Morris going behind the bar and making his own drinks on some nights, and also partying with the players after games – win or lose.

PewterReport.com has confirmed that the Bucs knew about Morris’ behavior and were not thrilled by it. Morris’ assistant, Jay Kaiser, got arrested for a DUI last year, and the organization feared that Morris would be next. Quietly, the Bucs were embarrassed about Morris’ late-night adventures and at times the way in which he carried himself in public

Few in DC probably also know that two members of Raheem's FA were arrested for DUIs while he was the HC. One was his personal assistant.

This probably sheds a little more light on the Bucs players he brought with him to DC.

Does anyone really believe this guy is mature enough to be our DC?

Welcome back, Om. I echo your sentiments 100%.

Thanks McD5. Call me Omni though, so that way my thoughts and the real Om don't get confused :)

Morris would be a mistake if we are going to run a 3-4. He has no experience at it. I worry that if we get rid of Haslett before the end of the season and Morris takes over, the play calling will be better for the final few games of the season and will make Morris look great. He will get the job, then other teams will study his play calling and continue kicking our butts next year and he won't know how to adjust.

I believe in stability, I just don't see the players responding. I believe we will get blown out by a crap Philly team. I bet we don't even pressure Vick at all.

If there is no improvement in these final games, Shanny needs to go.

I agree, unless something improves these last 7 games, Shanny is done. I also see Philly putting 40-50 points on us. I would love for us to come out of the bye on fire, but it is just not in me anymore to think that is going to happen......

To me it's too early to make a decision yet. You have to let the season play out. If he has lost the team and they get blown out by Philly and play like crap the rest of the season he should be gone, despite the fact that I agree that it will be detrimental from a stability aspect.

However, if the team does come out fired up and looks to be on the upswing I think you keep Shanahan on for another season (thereby maintaining some stability and keeping the offense that seems to have potential) with the caveat that there be a new defensive coordinator, someone that isn't already with the team.

I agree China.

But, I am really down right now on Shannahan. We will see how the end plays out. If it doesn't improve, he definitely needs to go. If it is status quo..BYE!!!! If he dominates this second half, he should stay one more season.

If there was a scale of 1-100 on if I wanted Shanny gone or not, I am at about 90. He could change my mind with a great second half of the season. I just don't see it with this current crop of coaches.

At least we won't be playing Vick, and have a ch....who am I kidding, Foles will look like Dan Marino against this secondary.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.