• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins hire Offensive Consultant

I won't dog this. I am glad to see them approach this problem, admit it is a problem and try to do something to fix the problem. Bringing this guy in could help out a lot if he can diagnose and help get us going in the right direction.

BUT....

is there a chance he is just in here to try and set things up for Holmgren to come in next year? Like get Zorn to tell him who is good, what works, and then demote himself to stay on staff next year?
Yeah, I can't argue with this either Mike. However, I think many of us touched on this idea in the
wtf.jpg
...Does Sherman Smith Do Anyway? thread.

So the question then becomes why didn't anyone have a talk with Zorn about being stretched thin and needing an offensive consultant (i.e. a real OC) immediately after last season? After all, I worried about him being stretched thin when his hiring and staff were announced. If we as laypeople knew this, why didn't Lord Farquaad and Mini-Me know it and act on it?

With regard to your Holmgren scenario, I suppose anything's possible, especially when it comes to Snyder. However as is typically the case when one tries to double deal under the table, it has a way of coming back to bite you in the arse, so I hope that's not the case.

We've seen this song and dance before. Another piece of bubble gum to fix the hole in the dam.

I hope he's offensive enough to push Ceratto out. Unlikely as that may be.

To be seen soon on Craig's list.

-----------Huge Opportunities---------

Do you like football? Do you know anything about football?

Do you know what the letters WCO mean? Do you know Mike Holmgren?

Have you ever played football with or for Mike Holmgren?

Have you ever had a conversation about football with Mike Holmgren?

Are you a Facebook friend of Mike Holmgren?

If you can answer at least three of these questions "Yes"-we may have the opportunity you've been looking for! Become an integral part of one of the premier NFL organizations and live out your dream! Both temp and permanent positions may be available(The number of positions is yet to be determined)

Contact Mr. V. Cerrato as follows-if you are not currently a Mike Holmgren Facebook friend-do so at your earliest opportunity. Afterward, post a message to Mike Holmgren as follows "Hey, Vinny! Over here!" We'll check out your qualifications and contact you ourselves if you look like you may fit our needs.

Don't delay! Grab your 15 minutes of Fame-it could be up to two seasons!-depending on performance.(and whether we like you)

You're absolutely right Lanky.

I expect absolutely nothing to come from this.

So what exactly will this guy do, again?

"Another set of eyes" ? Really, Dan? Really?

I think Favre will finally retire long before Vinny ever gets pushed out.
Heck, we'll see Gibbs 3.0 probably before that :frown2::cry:

If it's an uncapped year nexxt year, danny will go after Favre. Book it. "Cause he's, you know, cool and all. And we'll need a QB by then. And I'm sure for 80 million for one year, Bret can be persuaded.

This morning heard an interesting take on this move. Discussion centered around what does this say about Zorn? Does it show Snyder and Cerrato don't have confidence in him? What message does it send to the team? It was said basically that someone in ivory tower doesn't have confidence in Zorn to get it done.

I thought the same thing that bringing Sherm Lewis in was laying ground work for Holmgren.

Servumtuum, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Here's part of an email I got from a fellow fan. Pretty much hits the nail on the head if you ask me.

So what if Sherm comes to the conclusion that the playbook is fine, and other than a handful of questionable decisions the playcalling has been fine, and that the problem with the Redskins isn't the coach he's been brought in to evaluate but the personnel that his new employer has assembled?

Like any good consultant in the business world, he's going to assess what his paycheck-signer wants to hear and tell him that. Not that his paycheck-signer is the problem that needs fixing. "Thanks for the work, but you need to go, boss."

Believe it or not Henry, I was privy to one of those very situations. An outside consulting firm was hired to look over a busy and offer advice. Their conclusion was that the owners had hired a very good GM but never given him the authority to his job. Their recommendation was for the owners to back off, get out of the day to day stuff and let this guy they hired get on with doing what needed to be done without interference from above.

It should be noted that the owners are who hired the firm in the first place. It should also be noted that two years later they have done just that and the business is doing pretty darn good, especially considering it is really a luxury (entertainment park) and this economy sucks for that sort of thing.

Maybe Sherm will have that same level of integrity. Of course, I doubt he will be listened to even if he does have that integrity.

So my question is: How much does the Lewis hire distract the Redskins (players and coaches) from focusing and preparing for the game against Carolina this weekend?

So my question is: How much does the Lewis hire distract the Redskins (players and coaches) from focusing and preparing for the game against Carolina this weekend?

Well, it gave us something new to talk about, presumably other fans as well-thus redirecting the heat elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.