• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins hire Offensive Consultant

Well, it gave us something new to talk about, presumably other fans as well-thus redirecting the heat elsewhere.

It redirected our (negative) attention, but did it also adversely redirect the coaches' and players' attention when they should be focused on the upcoming game?

So my question is: How much does the Lewis hire distract the Redskins (players and coaches) from focusing and preparing for the game against Carolina this weekend?
Aside from the distraction, there's also the possibility that those players that have either lost faith in Zorn or simply don't like him might see this as a message from above that he's not long for this world. That could in turn lead to a decrease in effort or even more active attempts to sabotage him.

Aside from the distraction, there's also the possibility that those players that have either lost faith in Zorn or simply don't like him might see this as a message from above that he's not long for this world. That could in turn lead to a decrease in effort or even more active attempts to sabotage him.

Absolutely, Yusuf. In fact, not many people would fail to see the psychological ripple effect this type of thing could have on team performance, and thus be very careful about doing something that potentially hurtful to how the team plays.

If they were interested, that is.

Well, when you've done things to undermine your coach for years, and glare at your players and refuse to shake their hands after a loss, what's the diff? In for a dime, in for a dollar I guess.
1.gif

In this week's Power Poll on CNN/SI Don Banks theorizes that Snyder just hired his potential interim Head Coach when brought Lewis in as an Offensive Consultant. Interesting thought...

Link

In this week's Power Poll on CNN/SI Don Banks theorizes that Snyder just hired his potential interim Head Coach when brought Lewis in as an Offensive Consultant. Interesting thought...

Link

Sadly, I think that's very plausible.

Sadly, I think that's very plausible.
I don't think it's just plausible. I think it's almost a certainty.

This is the mid-season regime transition--however Snyder et al want to dress it up.

I don't think it's just plausible. I think it's almost a certainty.

This is the mid-season regime transition--however Snyder et al want to dress it up.

There's a rumor on "the other board" that says that Sherman Lewis is going to take over OC duties, Jerry Gray is going to take over DC duties (both have held these positions before), and Greg Blache is going to be named the interim head coach.

It makes sense - there is no way someone with Sherman Lewis's credentials comes out of retirement just to provide "an extra set of eyes," with no definition to what his job actually is. And TheDanny, love him or hate him, has too much business acumen to just back a truckload of money up to Lewis's house to "consult."

Zorn is on the way out; the insider says the bye week is when he'll be fired - I can believe that for sure. But I wonder what happens if we beat the Panthers, Chiefs and Eagles and go into the bye 5-2?? Can Zorn be fired with that record?

There's someone over at ES who says that Sherman Lewis is going to take over OC duties, Jerry Gray is going to take over DC duties (both have held these positions before), and Greg Blache is going to be named the interim head coach.

It makes sense - there is no way someone with Sherman Lewis's credentials comes out of retirement just to provide "an extra set of eyes," with no definition to what his job actually is. And TheDanny, love him or hate him, has too much business acumen to just back a truckload of money up to Lewis's house to "consult."

Zorn is on the way out; the insider says the bye week is when he'll be fired - I can believe that for sure. But I wonder what happens if we beat the Panthers, Chiefs and Eagles and go into the bye 5-2?? Can Zorn be fired with that record?

I think the decision about Zorn has already been made... If we happen to win the next 3.. Snyder is going to say "it's obvious Sherman Lewis made the difference, so we have to move in a different direction."

If we lose the next 3, he will say "Jim, even with a proven coach on your side.. we cant seem to win, so we have to move in a different direction"

I think the decision about Zorn has already been made... If we happen to win the next 3.. Snyder is going to say "it's obvious Sherman Lewis made the difference, so we have to move in a different direction."

If we lose the next 3, he will say "Jim, even with a proven coach on your side.. we cant seem to win, so we have to move in a different direction"
Precisely; this is a "Lose, Lose" for Zorn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.