• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I'd Fire Shanahan Right Now

good question who can replace them that has good coaching experiance , that can excell with griffs talent..

good question who can replace them that has good coaching experiance , that can excell with griffs talent..
No,No,No....

Fire him right now..not after the season, now.

Replace him with who?

Pepper Rodgers?

Ron Lynn?

Bulldog?

Ryman?

Who,first thing tomorrow morning?

Lots of little beer muscled Dan Snyders in the house tonight. Fire Everyone Now! Yay!
(I literally thought I clicked on the wrong bookmark to that you know other site)

Fire him right now.....One question:

Replace him with who?

Interim coach is fine. At the end of the season, Sean Payton of course is the most desired right now. But I don't see him giving up Drew Brees and that Saints roster to come to DC.

The other two names that everyone is buzzing about are Jay Gruden, 45 years old, who is now the OC at Cincy, and Chip Kelly, who is only 48 years old, and who NFL teams are chasing.

There may be more great candidates right now than in any year in recent history. Here's a good snapshot:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ry-fewell-among-top-nfl-head-coach-candidates

Lots of little beer muscled Dan Snyders in the house tonight. Fire Everyone Now! Yay!
(I literally thought I clicked on the wrong bookmark to that you know other site)

Come on, Kevin. They just got shellacked by a 1-6 team, at home. Inexcusable!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

i was thinking chip kelly ...love that offense they run at oregon , especially tha no huddle !

Come on, Kevin. They just got shellacked by a 1-6 team, at home. Inexcusable!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yeah, no alcohol here. Not even emotional. Shanny hasn't done anything in the last ten years. Did people really expect that he would do better in DC?

He's not going to magically become a better coach next year. Ditto for Haslett, Slowick, Danny Smith or the rest of the incompetent bozos.

There are a million reasons to fire Shanahan.....no coach that has ever won a SB before has done it again with another team....etc.

I don't know of one solid reason to keep him. Let's get younger. Who is the next Harbaugh? Check out Jay Gruden's resume. All he does is win, win, win.

I guess I'm in the minority here.
I am in total, complete, harmonious agreement with Shanahan's statement.
He has an excellent point, which needs to be made public. It really SHOULD be known that the rest of the year is for evaluating purposes. Specifically, evaluating our coaching staff.

Okay, I'm done evaluating.....let's fire the whole coaching staff. Now.

Yeah, no alcohol here. Not even emotional. Shanny hasn't done anything in the last ten years. Did people really expect that he would do better in DC?

He's not going to magically become a better coach next year. Ditto for Haslett, Slowick, Danny Smith or the rest of the incompetent bozos.

Well, 8 years ago, just 3 seasons before leaving Denver, he played in the AFC Championship game. I'd say that's something in the last 10 years.

And that statement comes from someone who did not want Shanahan to come here in the first place!

El, 8 years ago? Come on.

He's amassed the most embarrassing coaching staff in the league. He's brought losers with him, and has made many terrible decisions. A good OC? I can see that. But total authority? No way. He's not smart enough for that.

If we keep him, those bad decisions will continue. He's not suddenly going to fire his entire coaching staff, and admit that he made terrible mistakes.

He's done....a broken coach. Let's get younger.

El, 8 years ago? Come on.

No! I won't come on! You come up with the most knee jerk reactions I have ever seen! And I am a knee jerk kinda guy myself! You made a claim that was wrong, I corrected you! You are exaggerating the truth...again!

Fire Shanahan? What fantasy world do you live in McD5? That is a preposterous demand at this point in the Redskins' history! Snyder told Shanahan he'd get 5 years, he will get his 5 years! I said from the moment Shanahan was hired I didn't like it! A retread with total control of the team was the wrong path. But here we are. We've got 2 and a half more seasons of it, so get used to it!

Edit: If we're this bad again next year, maybe he won't get the last year. Which is a possibility since we have little in the way of resources to get the number of players we need to be a good team.

Last edited:
There is no way Dan Snyder can fire Mike Shanahan after two seasons and nine games. None. I'm as ticked as the rest of you at the way this season is going but please, just stop.

If our owner was someone else ... someone who hadn't fired his first coach halfway through his second season, hadn't fired his second coach after one season, hadn't lost Spurrier after two seasons, hadn't cut Zorn's legs out from under him after a season and a few games ...

If our owner was someone else maybe ...MAYBE he could get away with firing his head coach, defensive coordinator, secondary coach and special teams coach halfway through their third season. Maybe. But Dan Snyder?

Forget it. Put it out of your mind. The damage that would do to this organization and whatever shreds of respectability we still had left would be irreparable. Whether we like it or not we have to suck it up for the last seven games. And then we will find out just how much influence Allen actually has. My guess is he's out the door with Shanahan. And my guess is Snyder then says to himself "I tried to stay out of the way and look what it got me." And my guess is we get another Vinnie-Ceratto-type-yes-man and Jim-Zorn-type-fangless-coach in here. It's not like we haven't seen this play out before.

Personally, I think we should stop begging for it to play out that way. Firing Shanahan and everyone else we're ticked at tomorrow ... well that's what that will get us.

I'm not saying the alternative is all that great, but that's where we are.

Get used to giving up on the season with 7 games left, and 5 of those are within our division?

Accept that RG3 is being told that his rookie season, and playoff hopes are no longer the main goal?

It's no longer "win at all costs" but now "let's evaluate" 3 years in?

No way. I understand that we have sucked for a long time, but I will never accept losing. And I don't want a coach that's okay with it either. We can do better.

Get used to giving up on the season with 7 games left, and 5 of those are within our division?

Accept that RG3 is being told that his rookie season, and playoff hopes are no longer the main goal?

Yes.

Dan Snyder needs to be think like an owner and not a fan. He doesn't have the luxury that we do. And right now his reputation sucks. And like it or not his reputation, and this team's reputation, is more important than seven games.

This team gives up with seven games left every year.

Every.

Year.

I'm not really sure why we are all agog that our coach actually came out and said it for once. Is it really going to make that much of a difference between this year and, say 2008-2011?

No way. I understand that we have sucked for a long time, but I will never accept losing. And I don't want a coach that's okay with it either. We can do better.

Then we find someone at the end of the season. You fire him now and forget about ever getting anyone to coach here ever.

No one said anything about getting used to losing! Don't put those words in my mouth!

Get used to the fact that Shanahan will be here for at least the rest of of this season and next year!

Lets all dial it down a few notches...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Henry, we don't have any shreds of respectability left. We lose. That's what we do.

We let 1-6 crap teams come into our stadium on a day that we honor our greatest players of the past....and they kick our ass.

This is year 3. We don't need two more years of this train wreck. RG3 deserves better. Fletcher deserves better. This is complete crap.

San Fran made a bad mistake with a very respected former NFL legend. They realized it quickly, and pulled the plug. Now they are contenders.

Teams laugh at our defense. Continuing on this path isn't even an option.

I understand your point on Snyder's rep....but there are good coaches right now that would be very attracted to a NFL HC position with RG3--regardless of Snyder.

We don't have to accept getting our asses kicked for the next few years. We can do better.

I'm not advocating sticking with Shanahan for two more years. I'm saying if Snyder fires Shanahan and his entire coaching staff 'right now' it would be disastrous. Far worse than watching our team tank the last seven games, which is something we see this team do every year anyway.

Will Allen fire Shanahan? One of the conditions for Shanahan to come here was Snyder had to hire Allen. Allen and Shanahan were a package deal.

I would hope Allen would would do what is best for the team. Another concern is if Snyder cans both...does that mean another life for Vinny?

How can Allen fire his boss?

I can't fire my boss.

Can you fire your boss?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.