• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Refs add new trick to their arsenal

So...hochuli blows the whistle and kills a chargers win..cant overturn it

The refs in our game blow a whistle and wont stick by their own call.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I was trying to remember the game this happened in a few years ago! If I remember correctly, Hochuli was demoted our even suspended? Hopefully this crew gets the same treatment. Such BS!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I cannot believe you didn't make up that transcript, Boone. I believe you, I'm just so appalled by it that it HAS to be fake. Good Lord.

So basically, what the officials are saying, is that the defense should ALWAYS hit any offensive player with the ball, after the whistle blows. Because if you don't, there's a possibility he could get up and keep running, and the offense gets to choose whether to take the actual spot, or the touchdown.

Is there any other way to read that? And player safety? Please. You're making it a rule that defense HAS to hit the ball carrier late, to protect their own interests.

NFL admits mistake by official on Panthers’ touchdown

The NFL acknowledged Monday that officials erroneously awarded the Carolina Panthers a first-quarter touchdown during their win Sunday over the Washington Redskins when one of them inadvertently blew his whistle.

The play should have been ruled dead at the Redskins 17-yard line, according to a written statement by the league. The Panthers would have had the option of replaying that down or taking the play as it stood at the 17-yard line.

“By rule, Carolina should have been given a choice of putting the ball in play where [running back DeAngelo] Williams was ruled to have stepped out of bounds–1st-and-10 from the Washington 17 yard-line–or replaying the down–1st-and-10 from the Washington 30,” the league’s written statement said.

The NFL’s statement said “the Panthers were incorrectly awarded a touchdown following an inadvertent whistle.”

Click on the link for the full article

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.