• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Why Marko Mitchell is inactive

Yeah, but on the same ticket, you'll never know if Mitchell is NFL-ready if he doesn't play.

Yeah, but on the same ticket, you'll never know if Mitchell is NFL-ready if he doesn't play.
True ... but you and I don't have the benefit of seeing the man go against the Redskins D in practice, and how he's handling the classroom, and the weightroom, and if he's running the right routes at the right depth on a consistent enough basis ... etc. Zorn and the coaching staff do.

Marcus Mason turned everybody on in preseason too. On two teams. So far this season, in admittedly limited actions against real live NFL competition, he's looked like, well ... a guy who has struggled to make an NFL roster and may be exactly what the coaches on two teams thought he was when they let him go. Not saying Mason won't still emerge as the player us fans fell in love with over two preseasosn, but so far all he's done in real games is reaffirm what the coaches had been saying all along by letting him go.

Just sayin' ... just because the team's struggling doesn't mean Zorn and Co. are complete idiots. :cool4:

Yes.

When even us knuckle-draggin' fanatics know we're running Clinton Portis in behind Chris Samuels on 4th and goal from the 1 ... again ... idiotic seems an appropriate descriptor.

So too when Greg Blache puts seven guys at the LOS, they all get into place a full second or two early, then at the snap run to find a blocker to stick to, allowing the QB to stand in the pocket and survey the a secondary suddenly bereft of defensive bodies.

So too when our quarterback takes the snap crisply, drops crisply, bounces crisply, pats the ball crisply, ****s his arm crisply and .... hesitates, jerks, tapdances, semi-panics and then tries to make a play ... practically every single time he drops back.

So too when we go a decade w/o drafting offensive ****ing linemen.

And so on.

Hey ... this is liberating. :)

O.K., Om, alluding to what you said earlier about JC's inability to throw a fade-forget the fade thing for a moment. Here's something else I was getting at. What does the defense have to do to stop the Redskin passing game? Cover the hell out of Moss, Cooley, and El. Kelly either disappears or isn't seen-or is ignored, by Campbell. Where's the deep threat they have to keep in mind may just happen? They know about Moss-they saw a great example in the Tampa Bay game.

There's another example-the Daniel/Mitchell hookup for a td in the preseason-trust me, every team that the Skins have scheduled has seen that highlight.

Now, the opponent knows JC can throw passes like that and connect-they also know Mitchell can catch passes like that and score. Why not put that threat out there so they have to defend against such a possibility? It could leave somebody more open than usual-short, deep, whatever. I think it would be worth a try or two just to see how the D would adjust-or try to adjust.

How is it possible that Campbell "can't throw a fade?" Maybe he sucks at it, but I think after 2 years with the most genius ****ing QB coach in the entire universe, he'd be able to ****ing do it by now. That might be the most damning piece of evidence against Campbell, honestly. The fade route is not hard to throw, compared to all the other throws an NFL QB has to make.

O.K., Om, alluding to what you said earlier about JC's inability to throw a fade-forget the fade thing for a moment. Here's something else I was getting at. What does the defense have to do to stop the Redskin passing game? Cover the hell out of Moss, Cooley, and El. Kelly either disappears or isn't seen-or is ignored, by Campbell. Where's the deep threat they have to keep in mind may just happen? They know about Moss-they saw a great example in the Tampa Bay game.

There's another example-the Daniel/Mitchell hookup for a td in the preseason-trust me, every team that the Skins have scheduled has seen that highlight.

Now, the opponent knows JC can throw passes like that and connect-they also know Mitchell can catch passes like that and score. Why not put that threat out there so they have to defend against such a possibility? It could leave somebody more open than usual-short, deep, whatever. I think it would be worth a try or two just to see how the D would adjust-or try to adjust.
Not to give the question short shrift, but I'm guessing if you posed that question to Jim Zorn he'd tell you, "because we already have Malcolm Kelly, who is the same height, has equal or better hands and a full year of experience over Marko--and has shown me he can catch the fade at an NFL level just fine. I just wish I had a QB who could throw him the ****ing pass." ;)

So too when our quarterback takes the snap crisply, drops crisply, bounces crisply, pats the ball crisply, ****s his arm crisply and .... hesitates, jerks, tapdances, semi-panics and then tries to make a play ... practically every single time he drops back.

Word filters are cool. :D

Word filters are cool. :D

Yeah, Neo, if your really careful how you phrase things and chose the words carefully these wonderful filters are almost a sure encryption system-turning the message into a game of Wheel of Fortune.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.