• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

"Real" Recon: My chat with Stiller fan Petey Budkejiewieczski

Jugband McGillicuddy

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Rival Allegiance
Alma Mater
Marshall
I managed to score an interview with Squirrel Hill's own Petey "Bud" Budkejiewieczski, Pittsburgh local and Steeler fan extraordinaire, to get his thoughts on tomorrow's tilt between the Redskins and his beloved black and gold.

I don't know how to post videos, but here's a transcript of our chat:

JM: Bud, it's awfully good of you to find a few moments to chat with "the enemy" before tomorrow afternoon's big tussle between the Skins and Steelers.

Bud: Yah, eh, I do whaddI can. Yinz have a purdy good team'n'at. So it's good ta tawk to ya bit befirr da big game'n'at.

JM: Good to talk to you as well. So what are your "outsider" impressions of Robert Griffin III?

Bud: Ay, da kid's ahright'n'at, ya knoh? I mean dis heah ahGtree ain-no jagoff by any stretch. An ee seems like a good kid too'n'at. If he wanna see da tahn aftah dah game, I'd split a pierogi wit'im.

JM: Where is the best place to get a pierogi in Pittsburgh?

Bud: Ah, pierogi's is kinda overrated, yknoh? Ah'm naht a fan.

JM: Wait, what? You're a Pittsburgh native and you don't like pierogis? What in the world do you survive on?

Bud: Well, arahnna haus, jumbos from Jine Iggle.

JM: Jumbos? From where?

Bud: Jine Iggle. Da grozery sterr.

JM: Oh, Giant Eagle. The grocery store.

Bud: Yah, dats what I said, ya jagoff.

JM: OK, now that we've got that straight, what's a jumbo?

Bud: Ah, I guess yinz dahn to da saht call it bologna.

JM: Right. Jumbo and bologna. I see the connection.

Bud: Right. Nah if ya go dahntahn, den yinz wanna git ya some Pisburgh Willy's.

JM: I, uh, I don't know what the expression "willy" means up here, but back home, I don't have much interest in them.

Bud: Iz nuttin like dat. I mean Willy's. Weiners.

JM: That's what I was afraid you meant. Again. Not interested.

Bud: Hot dawgs, jagoff. Dun make me come across dere and splain it to ya up close'n'at.

JM: No. No weiners. No hot dogs. And certainly none of it "up close" for me, thanks.

Bud: Ay, wouldja listen a minute? Ya might learn summin about da tahn.

JM: OK, OK, tell me about Willy's.

Bud: See, what ya wan is a nice big Willy's weiner wit summa Freddy G's special sawice on it.

JM: No No. Willy can keep his weiner, and Freddy G can.......yeah, can we get this back on track here?

Bud: Shoot.

JM: So Troy Polamalu is out for Sunday's game. How does that change the complexion of this contest?

Bud: Well, complexion-wize, I guess we's dahn a Samoan. So I suppahz that lightenz da complexion of err team a bit?

JM: No, I mean will Troy not playing affect the outcome at all?

Bud: Nah, we dun need Palamalah to beat yinz. We'll just give iz Eat 'n' Pahk smiley cookies ta da uddah guys, good as new! We ain't escared uddah Redskins'n'at.

JM: Well, thanks for sharing a few minutes Bud, I hope we can chat once the dust has settled tomorrow.

Bud: The cahntdahn is ahn! I'll be aht dah laht in my Cahmera befirr breffis! Yinz have a good tahm loosin', jagoffs!

:)

Thanks, HF.

It occurred to me (of course, AFTER posting...lol) that the entertainment value is lost on most of BGO. I visit Pittsburgh a good bit as a Pirates fan, but if you don't get there very often (or at all) it kinda makes no sense.

I need a translator!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.