• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

where do we go from here?

Were not just talking sacks but knockdowns, hurries, throwaways, general disruption that they brought to the table.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

agreed, and in addition to this, Orakpo on the other side means you have to keep an RB or TE in to help on the one side or the other, thus leaving the chances for blitzes from our MLBs to get through more often... I guess statistically it doesn't seem to make a difference, but in a play calling sense i think it makes a world of difference.

Last edited:
Had the NFL not imposed such a severe penalty on the Skins for exceeding the cap in an uncapped year, I'm certain some of the holes would have been filled on the roster.

I think a lot of you think that we were getting good pass rush before rak and carriker went out. We really weren't and now were not getting a rush at all. That's (PARTLY) why our secondary looked like ass at the beginning of the season and why now they are completely pathetic. No pass rush at all whatsoever.

NT is a big hole in this defense the way it is constructed. We're not anywhere near where we need to be in our front 3. Coefield is not a NT.

I'm not talking about last year... I'm talking about this yr.

absolutely, we covered up a piss poor secondary "somewhat" in the first couple games, by being creative with blitzes, but this secondary cannot play without pressure, they simply arent that good.

I look at it like this, we will yet again have limited resources, and to spend them on players who wont be difference makers right away is a waste, I would say that our entire draft should be secondary and Oline unless somehow a first round talent falls to us and then that guy had better be a no brainer. we also had better be looking at freeagents, because this team still has a LOT of holes.

Two things. First this is a rebuilding season. No one thought Griffin was going to have this fast of a start but he and Morris exceeding expectations is not going to overcome no RT, lousy special teams for the first 5 weeks, no secondary and a rash of injuries.

2. Even with limited dollars the Redskins can and should improve in the next offseason. Let's face it, we are looking at adding safeties, a lead corner, a RT and depth across the OL and WR corps.

But we have the quarterback. We have the running back. We have the left tackle. We should have back the #1 wide receiver.

Those are the money positions on offense.

Sane, smart moves in mid-tier FA and the draft should net a good GM most of what he needs to work with.

On defense I think you use that #2 pick on a corner and FA first choice money on a free safety or vice versa.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm still mad at Gary Clark for the 1986 NFC title game. He catches that damn ball down the right sideline and I'm still thinking we complete the comeback....and those "legendary" '86 Giants are just another footnote.

Grr.

actually in my experience, character is what you do after you have been knocked down to the ground :)

Bounce?.............

Is that a fat joke? Uncool. I'm trying to lose the weight, but those damned chips keep calling my name.

Amazing what this rookie has done. Is there a team in the NFL you would look at and say to yourself, "I see no way we could beat them - at all"? I don't see a team that fits that description. Griff is THAT good. We will be in EVERY game for the rest of the year, with a chance to win.
Yeah, and we all know Gary Clark ran a 3.40, in pads.
Caught every pass ever thrown to him.
Remained 26 years old his entire career.
Played for free.
And never fumbled.

And some people still had a problem with him too.

The only problem I have with Clark is he is not in the oversized orange juicer looking building

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.