• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fire....Jim....Haslett! Because he SUCKS!!!

There have been great arguments from both sides of the argument about firing Haslett during the season, but we are at a point where there needs to be a shake-up and there needs to be one now. If you're not going to fire him, then you have to do something about the players.

I think Haslett needs to go today, after this game. Just let Morris do what he can to get the most blood out of the turnip we have. Haslett's nice guy, stoic demeanor is doing nothing to get these players motivated and get the best we can from them!

If you're not going to fire him today, then we need to go after other team's practice squad players. We cannot make a trade, we don't have any leverage and can't afford to lose any more draft picks. If our secondary is going to continue to be this bad, we need to try to get some hungry young players in here to see if they can play better.

Crawford is not hitting the field.
Griffin is...meh.
Hall is getting burned continually.
Wilson is being asked to do too much (He's a Great #2 at best).
Williams is bad.
Doughty can't cover.
Gomes isn't getting much playing time anymore.
Pugh?
Jones?

What would hurt if we scanned the practice squads and picked up someone else at this point? It really couldn't be worse, could it?

I'm willing to give Shannahan one more season, provided he tells Haslett to hit the road at the end of the season. I'm fully aware that we have a lot of turds on this roster, players that would be backups on nearly every other team in the league, and I can't lay it ALL on Haslett. But his scheming sucks, his "adjustments" suck and the ****ing 3-4 SUCKS.

As for the game, what little I've seen of it, it's a PATHETIC turnout on both sides of the ball

Someone needs to smother Haslett with his pillow on the trip home. Not that the offense did anything for it to matter anyway.

While we are firing Haslett, we need to get rid of Hall as well. I have been a supporter of his, but all he does is cost us points and yards. That **** he just pulled on the field should be the final straw.....

Hall needs to be fined by the team, the league and cut!

Haslett must go, the only reason I don't care about Hall's penalty is that the game was already lost and quite frankly it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Haslett must go, the only reason I don't care about Hall's penalty is that the game was already lost and quite frankly it doesn't make a lick of difference.

we could have been down 100 - 3, still unacceptable from a 'leader' and veteran on this team, regardless of the situation, that's just my opinion.

we could have been down 100 - 3, still unacceptable from a 'leader' and veteran on this team, regardless of the situation, that's just my opinion.

He needs to be suspended for behavior detrimental to the team for as long as we can get away with it and then cut. the cap hit kills us and he knows it, thats why hes the dick he's always been, his talent and his contracts morphed together in his mind. His contract is a crippler no?

Hall giving up just sets a bad example for so many others on this team. He is cancer in its purest form.

He needs to be suspended for behavior detrimental to the team for as long as we can get away with it and then cut. the cap hit kills us and he knows it, thats why hes the dick he's always been, his talent and his contracts morphed together in his mind. His contract is a crippler no?

just looked, and a site i found says 6.5 this year, 7.0 next year... what of that 7 would hit us if we cut him i dont know...

Cerrato is like herpes. You just can't ever get rid of his sores. Hall was guaranteed $23mil so whatever that works out to be just cut him a check now. Why pay him for 8 more games?

Another cost of Goodell and his butt buddy Mara.

I've not been the hater most have, concerning Hall. I see this as yet another opportunity for Shamahan to ACT like a disciplinarian. I don't think we can absorb the cap hit cutting Hall would create, on top of suffering year two of the Mara enema.

So then, hopefully Herr Goodell will do what Shamahan doesn't have the balls to, and suspend Hall for two games. He shouldn't be allowed to use team facilities, or practice with the team during that time. With the bye week in the middle, that would be 3 weeks without him. Get another lineup going, and use him in spot situations only, when he returns. Cut him, as soon as it is financially acceptable.

Question: Wasn't Hall's restructure part of the deal that got us anally screwed? If so, wouldn't his salary hit already be factored in to the 36mil hit for this year, and next?

If so, cut him immediately.

To close, Haslet still needs to go, after the season. Then, Shamahan needs to go once he finishes his contract. Maybe after next year, if he's strung together 4 sub 500 seasons.

We have the worst coaching staff in the division. And they're in the bottom 3rd, league wide. They almost inspire as much confidence as our secondary.

I don't understand why D. Hall did what he did. I guess he wanted a penalty called on the receiver? It was like he was looking for an excuse to get ejected.

The pass-rush on this team is piss-poor, and that's why we lost. Plain and simple. I know everyone here loves Kerrigan (he is the only legit pass-rusher we have on the roster), but he is not good enough to carry the entire D on his back. He's an effort rusher (motor guy), meaning he's not going to get to the QB right away. So teams will just dink & dunk us to death all day, unless we take some risks and blitz more often.

*****(EDIT: This is not a knock on Kerrigan - I love the kid, and own his jersey, he's one of my favorite players. But the truth is the truth)*****

Some say Orakpo is overrated - I say he is not. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, he and Kerrigan are Yin & Yang, they both make the other a better player. They are bookend rushers, and when both in, they have to both be accounted for by the other team. If one is out, the other can be easily neutralized.

The secondary is phenomenally bad. I've never seen anything like it, to be honest. Has anyone here ever seen a CB jam the WR too early like that? That was a first for me. Watching this D operate is so painful...you just know the other team is going to convert, even if the D has a couple good plays to start the drive. And before yesterday, the Redskins were at least stopping the run well; Dwyer just freight-trained over them all day. They had no answer for him.

This is shameful...and they better be active in free-agency next year for some secondary players.

So then, hopefully Herr Goodell will do what Shamahan doesn't have the balls to, and suspend Hall for two games. He shouldn't be allowed to use team facilities, or practice with the team during that time. With the bye week in the middle, that would be 3 weeks without him. Get another lineup going, and use him in spot situations only, when he returns. Cut him, as soon as it is financially acceptable.

Question: Wasn't Hall's restructure part of the deal that got us anally screwed? If so, wouldn't his salary hit already be factored in to the 36mil hit for this year, and next?

I like the way you think Ax. Thats a great plan! Our secondary may be worse, but I don't see how.

Unlike you I have absolutely always hated Hall. Something about players who talk trash after they give up a play chaps my ass. Landry and Hall are the type of player we needed to get clear of. Hall's contract kept him around but them frontloading the **** out of it had to tell you they wanted the flexibility to get rid of him down the line, right?

I think the $36mil was just a flat penalty and not taking into account for anything so we paid Hall once and then we paid the charity of GODdell's choice. I may be wrong but I don't think the two numbers offset each other in any way.

Change of heart, anyone ?

I think, not only should Haslett keep his job, but he should win an award for how his unit performed over the last 8 games, under the circumstances. Maybe not quite the "Assistant Coach of the Year" that Jimmy Johnson proclaimed today, but he deserves a tremendous recognition.

He certainly did better down the stretch. He will NOT be fired. But his career still screams, "Mediocre, at best"

I hope someone hires him as their head coach. Or, he retires.

How's that for a change of heart?

No change of heart here, I still want him gone. Years of being a loser doesn't get erased by a nice 7 game run that was won by the offense.

Yeah, the D really surprised me with how well they played down the stretch, minus some key guys. Not sure how much of that was Haslett, and how much was Fletcher, but it was good stuff. With Rak, Carriker, Meriweather & possibly Minnifield (plus a 2nd-round DB) back next season, I think this unit will bring the pain.

Here's a crazy thought: Haslett is staying on for one more season, as Fletcher takes on more and more of the responsibilities of the D play-calling; Haslett retires next season, and London retires also and takes over the D.C. responsibilities.

Yeah, the D really surprised me with how well they played down the stretch, minus some key guys. Not sure how much of that was Haslett, and how much was Fletcher, but it was good stuff. With Rak, Carriker, Meriweather & possibly Minnifield (plus a 2nd-round DB) back next season, I think this unit will bring the pain.

Here's a crazy thought: Haslett is staying on for one more season, as Fletcher takes on more and more of the responsibilities of the D play-calling; Haslett retires next season, and London retires also and takes over the D.C. responsibilities.
The thought of that made my pants tight :laugh:

nope still think hes a toolbag, the d improved but as others said a 7 game run after 3 years of blech and then watching as we left the middle of the field open and didnt tackle and watching the regeression of kerrigan? I want a new DC and LB coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.