• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fire....Jim....Haslett! Because he SUCKS!!!

Ax

Wouldn't let the sorry mother ****er coach pee wee.

He always looks lost, and scared.

Sorry no good ****sucking dumb ****ing bastard!

Tell us how you really feel Ax!

On that play, I don't know if you blame Haslett or Williams, but the safety has to be the deepest man on the field. Stupid, stupid, :twitch:

Safeties line up where they're told.

Line up deep, chuck the receivers at the line.

Haslett is a horrible, horrible schemer, and an even worse play caller.

The game-winner to Cruz was inexcusable. I will say it was refreshing to see the DBs press the WRs at the line some, but to do that, you HAVE to put the safeties in the correct position, which Haz failed at.

Let's make sure we throw Morris under the bus too - he's the secondary coach after all.

Can't forget to thank the refs too. I must say I was impressed they made some of those calls, what with Mara's balls resting squarely on their chins.

Had'em 3rd and long inside their 20, and Haslett was the only asshole on the planet that didn't think they'd run a screen.

He's the black hole of suckage.

Hey Jim, sack up, and Harikari your coaching career.

Please!!!

Norv Turner is a better head coach, than Haslett is a coordinator.

Yeah, I thought he was helping early in the year, but the secondary is just getting worse.

Maybe we can find some bodies in the CFL...:smile:

Maybe we can, because our secondary depth, the players starting now aren't even serviceable. Like I said before, never really liked Morris, but he has little to work with at this point.

you know, even if Haslett calls for me to be sucked up as a safety I might not do it. You dont do that in the last 2 minutes against Eli.
Exactly! You don't let a guy get behind you in that situation. Even if you have to tackle him.

Well the giants know first hand that Coefield isn't a NT. THeir offensive line made this game an uphill battle from the get go. That coverage on the last play though? That's some straight up bull****.

Morris and Haslett need to go. There's a few guys who could be interesting candidates to replace Haslett, although, with various forms of the 3-4 out there we'd be making some pretty glaring systematic changes.

For instance, if Romeo Crennel gets removed from Kansas City, he'd bring a different type of 3-4 defense than Haslett runs. It's a 2-gap system still, but the backers are all typically aligned back, similar to the way Parcells ran it. It's obviously the way that Belichick likes to run the 3-4 as well. It's called the Fairbanks-Bullough. It's a much more conservative style of defense, though Kansas City (particularly with Tamba Hali) can break some pressure.

Then you have the LeBeau Zone Blitz disciples... Lou Spanos (our former LB coach and current defensive coordinator for UCLA), Keith Butler (current Steelers LB coach), or John Mitchell (Steelers DL coach and he was there for LeBeau's first run as their DC, and now his second. Ironically, he was also there through Haslett's DC run).

Then you have your 1-gap Bum Phillips 3-4, which was run by Bum Phillips with the Oilers and of course, his son Wade.

So you'd have to pick a replacement very carefully and dependent on what you currently have, where you can go/where you plan to go, and what you plan to do.

I thought hiring Haslett was a mistake from the get go, and the switch to a 3-4 was even more egregious considering the team's personnel. The defense is far worse than when the new regime took over, and is now firmly entrenched near the bottom of the league by almost every measure.

Unfortunately, I have completely jumped off the Shanahan bandwagon as well. I see a great rookie quarterback and a few solid pieces here and there, but overall the team is not better since he got here. The defense and special teams are noticeably worse, and the offense is only better because of Griffin's superior play. Shanny has done nothing to eradicate the losing culture that permeates the organization.

I believe that the pressure willl intensify on Mike, and he will replace Haslett before the season ends. I also believe that another 5-6 win season would justify replacing the head coach. Jay Gtruden should be at the top of the list of replacements in my opinion.

I've been wondering to myself about Shanny's past D-coordinators. I was under the impression he went through a lot of them and fired them after poor seasons. Don't know why I never, I just never really paid much attention to the AFC let alone the AFC west before. Anyway was looking for a pattern that may suggest Haslett's time may be up and he's the worst D-coordinator that Shanny has ever had. (if you factor in this yr so far) Well except for the last one he had in Denver... yeah thats right, our CURRENT linebackers coach. (dread) Anway I jotted it down while I was doing it so I thought I'd share..

Greg Robinson 1995-2000
Defensive Ranks: 15th, 4th, 5th, 11th, 7th, 24th
AVG: 11th
W/L Records: 8/8, 13/3, 12/4, 14/2, 6/10, 11/5
AVG: 10.67 wins

Why Left? Fired amid criticism of the team's shoddy tackling and apparent lack of passion. Unable to put consistent pressure on opposing quarterbacks this season (2000), the Broncos were vulnerable to big plays and ranked last in the league against the pass. (credit to some internet source)

Ray Rhodes 2001-2002 (left WSH)
Ranks: 8th and 6th
AVG:7th
W/L Records: 8/8, 9/7
AVG 8.5 wins

Left for? Left in order to rejoin Holmgren in Seattle.

Larry Coyer 2003-2006
Ranks: 4th, 4th, 15th, 14th
AVG: 9th
W/L Records: 10/6, 10/6, 13/3, 9/7
AVG: 10.5 wins

Left for? Was released after defensive meltdown in the second half of the season. Went to Bucs as Dline coach. (credit to some internet source)

Bob Slowick 2007-08
Ranks: 19th, 29th
AVG: 24th
W/L Records: 7/9, 8/8
AVG: 7.5 wins
Left for? Head coach and staff released for coaching changes all around.

Jim Haslett 2010-2012
Ranks: 31st, 13th
AVG: 22
W/L Records: 6/10, 5/11
AVG: 5.5

I didn't count that we were 28th in the league before today's game and that we're now 3/4 but if I did he would show to be Shanny's worst D coordinator EVER.

Jay Gruden should be at the top of the list of replacements in my opinion.

:claps:

I've had the pleasure of watching him up close for many years now. He's the real deal. He has an incredible offensive mind.

he's been playing prevent defense every week why not today on that long td catch to cruz !:(

Robert Griffin gives us a chance to win every game, whenever he's on the field.

Unfortunately, Jim Haslett being on the sidelines, trumps that.

Spanos is who I would have kept. Not gonna find anyone right now.

But, they could hold a weekly contest on the radio, with the winner being defensive play caller for the week.

Or, even better, where's the bingo caller at?

Jim Haslett/Norval Turner = Nice guy losers 'til the end.

Haslett would struggle as DC for the Pro Bowl team.

Ive been saying this all along, but a large part of the blame goes to shanny who handpicked haslett because he was willing to just run what shanny wanted which was a 3-4 scheme, Kev is right though, its not about alignment, we needed aggression and you can get that from any alignment by tweaking your scheme.

what I think we should do is bring in the best available DC next season, and tell him RUN WHAT YOU THINK WILL HELP US WIN. dont care what alignment, and we will give you any free agents you think will help. but our draft has to go for Oline and probably WR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.